Chapter 3

On Rainy Days

June 8, 2011 2pm, Rainy

 

Kiseop asked me to go to the park near this Carnival. There were so many flowers but too bad it was raining so hard so I had to bring my umbrella.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s taking him so long?” I asked myself while waiting for him. Then suddenly, my phone rang. It was him.

 

 

[_on the phone_]

 

“YAHHH!!!!! LEE KISEOP!!! Where are you? I’ve been waiting here for hours. Where are---“

 

 

 

 

“Look back and please … don’t scream.”

[_end of conversation_]

 

 

 

I looked back and saw lots of pretty balloons. The cute little kids were holding the balloons.

 

 

 

 

 

One by one, they came up to me and gave it to me. First was Red, then Orange, then Yellow, then Green, then White, Blue, Grayish and the last one was Pink. Kiseop was holding the pink balloon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When he handed it over to me… I saw that there was a letter attached on the last balloon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kiseop told me to read it out loud so that the people could hear it.

 

 

 

 

 

“Dear Jaekyung,

           

            I’ve been waiting for this day to come. You don’t know how much I’ve wanted to have you, how much I’ve wanted you to be mine… When I first met you on the waiting station, I said to myself… ‘That’s the girl that I want… that’s the girl that I want to be with forever.’ I wanted to make you feel special so I did everything and gave everything to you. I love you so much. But my love for you is not only as a friend… but something more. So here I am, asking you to be mine… So Jaekyung, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

#tbc