chapter 4: the music

i'll never let you cry again.

Lee Joon POV


I walked towards the piano sounds because i had never heard anything as beautiful as it. As i was reaching the door, a guy walked towards the door and opened it.

Immediately, the piano sounds stop and I heard laughing sounds from inside.

Curious, i peeped through the small window on the door and made no sound so they couldn't see me. To my surprise, the girl i saw was Jiyeon. She looked so different. In class, and from what i remember, she always seemed so cold and in her own world all the time.

But she was laughing and giggling with this guy. I tried  to see who the guy was but i could only see the back of his head and a little of his profile. His short brown hair seemed familiar, but i could not seem to remember where i saw it before.

I couldn't hear what they were talking about and i got bored so i left...

JIYEON POV

I was playing my favourite piece Chopin, Etude op. 10 no. 5, when seungho oppa came in. He immediately commented, : " seems like you have improved! i'm such a good teacher , hahaha" I laughed and punched him jokingly. He sat down next to me and started telling me about what he did in class today.

Seungho oppa is one age older than me but in the same year because he does not study well but we are in different classes so we only meet up after school. Who cares if he does not study well? He is the most talented guy i know, he can play the piano, guitar, knit, even i, a girl am as not as good as him in knitting.

As he started playing the piece i was playing before, i closed my eyes and reminised about the past...

FLASHBACK (4 years ago)

That girl looks so sad and lost, Seungho thought. There was a girl who looked around his age sitting by herself on a bench, wearing very thin clothes, shivering as the snow fell on her hair. Seungho, immediately rushed over and put his scarve over her. The little girl raised her head and Seungho saw her tear stained face and black eye circles.

She quickly wiped her tears away and looked at this boy who was in front of her. He looked nice, and warm, but why did he give her his scarve when they were strangers to each other?

That night, Seungho brought Jiyeon back to his home and without even asking for her name, he begged his parents to let her stay with them. His parents, who felt sorry for Jiyeon too, agreed heartily.

Even though Jiyeon moved out of Seungho's house when she was 14, the friendship they had between both of them was already very strong , and Seungho always treated Jiyeon like she was his real sister.

 (Present Day)

The keys stopped and Jiyeon slowly opened her eyes. She knew Seungho was going to ask her something because normally he would not stop playing a piece halfway.

"Jiyeon ah, why don't you move back to my house? My parents miss you a lot and Doongie(his dog) misses you too! Its not safe for a girl to live outside by herself you know." Seungho complained to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon smiled and said:" I'm used to it anyways, and i don't want to go back to your house is because i may cause conflict between you and your parents, i'm not part of your family. "

"But..." Seungho started to protest. Jiyeon cut him off and said cheekily:" oppa ya...why haven't asked jisoo out yet? I'm sure you know she's interested in you!"

Seungho sighed and said:" you know why..."

 

please comment! i really want to know what people think of my story!