Chapter 2

Dream High.

 

- Hyerim P.O.V. -
I woke up for the alarm clock's ringing. It was 05.30AM. I had to wake up before Eli, and do breakfast for us. Then I wake him up,too. I stretched myself,took my slippers and went down to the kitchen. I started making breakfast for us ; pancakes with Nutella. Nutella is our favorite sweet of all.I made 6 pancakes, and when they all were done, I went up to Eli's room and gently poked him on the cheek twice. No answer. I poked him harder.
- Eli, wake up, we gotta eat our breakfast,and go to school! - I jogged him as he woke up.
- Rimmie-ah...what time is it? - he asked on a sleepy tone. I giggled.
- It's almost 6AM. Now get your up,or we will be late! - I hit his shoulder as he got up. I went to dress up,and when I went down ; he were already done.
- You are slow, Rimrim. - he laughed, as I rolled my eyes.
- Shut up,and lets eat. - I giggled, and sat down to the table. He smiled. We started eating ; and like after a 10 minutes, we were done. It was 06.30AM. We still had time to get ready.
- And , how did you sleep? - he asked. I were looking something that I can go in to school, so I was talking to him while showing my back to him.
- Mm not really good. I couldn't sleep too much,I was thinking. - I took a stylish blue shirt, and some ripped jeans from my gardrobe.
- Thinkin bout what? - he asked with curiosity,while he went to dress up to his room.I smiled.
- Nothing important,you don't have to care about it. - I was still smiling but already a bit sadly. It's that day... I can't stop thinking about how would life be,if mom and dad would be still alive. It's the 3rd anniversary of their death today.
- But if there's something,what's bothering you then...- he stopped talking for minutes,came in my room and hugged me.
- I know already... we'll bring them flowers on their graves after school,alright? - he kept the hug,I hugged back,smiled and nod.
- Yeah.. but let's just don't care about it now,okay? - I smiled as hit his back gently,then went to make my hair.
- Um. -he nodded and sighed.
After like a half hour , we were ready to go to school. Today, we went to pick Hyojin and Junkyung, cuz we were going with Eli's car, and we are all going to the same school. Hyojin and Junkyung were together last night.. Uh,wonder what they did together. Never mind,it's not my business, but I'll still catch Jinnie in school later to ask her about it. We went to Dok2's house.Elison honked and shouted.
- Junkyung, Hyojin, come you es!! We'll be late! - I had to shut his mouth with my hand and we both laughed. Elly and Dokki were running out of the house, but Elly were still fixing her hair.. Yeah it makes me really wonder already.
- Hey, Hyojin, what did you two do last night together? - I threw a smirk at her,and looked at both of them.
- Hyerim you shouldn't misunderstand this too! We...were writing lyrics! uhm yeah lyrics..! - Hyojin mumbled.We laughed with Eli. Then Junkyung slowly spit it out.
- Well.. Elly and me..we..m.. uuuhm.. we made out last night. - he gulped as we stopped laughing and made a serious face.
- WHAT??!?!?!?! - we shouted with Eli in choir. They did what? I thought that they are best friends. I was really surprised about it. We talked about them in the car, that they are together already,and things like that, then we arrived to the school.We got out from the car and everyone went to do their things. We went everywhere together with Eli,as we always do. I was thinking, and how I've seen,he were too.I suddenly bumped into someone.
- Hey,watch where you're going! - I have to admit that I actually got scared,so I screamed. Oh look that to who I bumped into... Mrs. Dancing Queen. The dancer of our school,Soori Park. The sister of my crush.. uuuhh what. No I just didn't say anything.
- Sorry. - she muttered. I smiled and nodded,but she haven't seen it though. I really don't like her. She thinks she could have everything with dancing.We are like enemies.---
- Yah! - Soori squealed as she bumped into Eli. - Can't you watch where you're going?! - she yelled,as she looked up into Eli's killer eyes,and as she looked into them,she stopped yelling.
- I should say the same about you. - she seemed like she were shivering. I heard that she has a crush on Eli,but I'm not sure...
- Oh,the dog finally found his voice? You should hurry, Mrs. Princess over there needs you. - I rolled my eyes as showed a off for her,but she haven't seen it. She pushed Eli to the lockers, and she walked away trying to keep her cool.She were blushing,I giggled. I found it cute, because I hate her, but I've never seen her in love though. But...if .. Wait. If Eli will like her too and-- and .. Ah,it won't happen, I don't really have to worry.
It was around 3.15PM, the school was already over. I was waiting for Eli to come out,because we are going to the cemetery,to my parents' graves. We got into Eli's car and he started driving.
- Eli? Can I ask you something? - I looked at him. He smiled and nodded. He didn't really talk since he bumped into Mrs.Dancing Queen. - Do you like Dan-..Soori? Soori Park?- he were surprised,but I've seen him blushing a bit. I giggled.
- ELI LOVES SOORI. ELI LOVES SOORI. - I shouted and laughed, as he shut up my mouth with his hand.
- Sssh!! Keep it in secret,okay?! I don't want ANYONE to know it,except you. - he blushed more,I was laughing.
- Well,I've heard that she likes you toooooo..- I smirked and laughed again.
- Shut up,you ! - he laughed too. We arrived to a flower shop. We went in ; bought some white and red roses ; and went back to the car. While we were on our way to the cemetery,we were all quiet. I kept thinking about mom and dad. These were their favorite colors,and favorite flowers... We arrived. I guess I were thinking too much ; because the cemetery was far from that flower shop,but it's okay.We jumped out from the car, and walked to mom's and dad's graves in quiet. We kept the quiet of the place.I started tearing up.. I really missed mommy and daddy.
- Mom... Dad.. it's me..Hyerim,your daughter. - I sighed. - it's been today 3 years ago that you left me. But,I'm doing well. - Tears started flowing on my cheeks. Eli wiped them. - But now..I have this boy next to me. We are best friends, we live together, he takes care of me. We got to know each other in school, a year ago..yeah like a year ago,maybe a year and 3 months.. But .. I'm telling you that I really miss you. My studies are going well ; and I can even follow my dream ; I sing and rap in clubs on friday and saturday nights and I get money from that,and from working in a bar as a barista. - I smiled - I hope you two are having a better place there..- I were tearing. I put the flowers on their grave,then sat in front of it. Eli sat next to me. We were there still for a half hour,then we went home. Since it was thursday, we had no homework for friday. We never have homework for friday and for the weekend. We went home. It was 6PM. I were cooking the dinner,and Elison were surfing on the internet, probably chatting on Facebook,as always. I heard him shouting.
- Hyeriiim.-his voice was calm. I thought that I did something wrong.
- Yeeeah? - I shouted back. I was kinda scared,because if I get into a trouble, he can act like a dad.
- Come hereeee. - He still shouted. Bang. I'm sure I'm in trouble. I put the knife and the kimchi down,and ran upstairs , to his room ; I sat next to him.
- Look. - he were pointing at the monitor of his MacBook, reading some party's ad. I started reading too.
- Club NB is looking for dance groups for dance battles, and performers . We are paying for performing ! Contact in e-mail or phone //////////. - I was reading loudly. I smiled at Eli brightly.
- Lets go,try it,we can't lose anything with it. - He smiled also, and held his phone. I nod.
He called the chairman of the club. They talked for like 5-6 mins, then he hung up,and looked at me.
- Friday night. From 10PM,to 4-5AM. - he smiled. I were jumping in happiness.
- Thats greaaat!! - I were smiling. I've seen him copying the link of the ad, and linked it to a girl on Facebook chat. Who else it could be... Mrs. Dancing Queen. Fuu. Never mind, anything for his happiness,he is like a brother to me. The girl told him,that she's calling the chairman of the club too.
After like 10 minutes.. She started writing. She were writing with big letters ; WE ARE ACCEPTED TOO!! WE ARE GOING TO DANCE!!! ; Eli seemed really happy. He were smiling.I just went back to the kitchen, and continued cooking chonggak kimchi.