Chapter 1

Dream High.

 

SooRi P.O.V
 
- Jay, shut the up - I groan while massaging my temple. My idiot brother just can't seem to shut up about how i should wake up in time. The funny is he doesn't even care about his own study, so i don't know why he's so concerned about mine. He knows all i care about is our dance crew. Oh yeah, you're most probably wondering who i am and what i'm talking about.
My name is Park SooRi and I'm 17 years old, in my 3rd year in high school. The guy next to me is my idiotic brother, Park Jaebum, but as he likes to call himself, Jay. He turned 20 last week and right now he's attending college with his two best friend - Hoon and Taec.
- Rina! Stop starring and get your out of the car! - Urgh, a girl can never rest now, can she?
- Alright, alright. At the usual place after school? - he nods his head and i smile. - I will get Jongie and Doojoon then - I waved him goodbye and blow him a kiss, whil watching him drive away.
When i can't see him anymore, i turn around and walk up to the gates of the school. How i hate to get up every morning just to drag myself to hell. Nothing's good in here. Biches and douchebags are everywhere. Their biggest problem is that they didn't get laid over the weekend or that their nail broke. Chh.
- Hey, watch where you're going! - come a squel from in front of me. I look up and i instantly narrow my eyes and run my fingers throgh my hair. Why her? Why now?
- Sorry - I mutter it under my nose and get past her. Who is she? Her name is Jung Hyerim, the school's queenka, the flower girl, singing angel. I don't get what people see i...
- Yah! - I yelp as i run into another person, this time someone bigger and sure the person has one firm chest because my head hurt a lot. - Can't you watch where you're going? - I yell, then look up to see two big brown eyes wanting to kill me.
- I should say the same about you. - That voice... It makes me hiss and at the same time i can't help the shiver what runs down my spine.
- Oh, the dog finally found his voice? You should hurry, Mrs. Princess over there needs you. - I push him to the locers and walk past him, trying to keep my cool but i keep blushing. He is my crush after all... 
I sigh, with my head hanging low as i walk through the crowed what starts to gather up in the hallway, welcoming the royal couple and their servants. Sometimes i wish people cared about me the same way they do with them but then i realize i wouldn't be where i am at the moment. Being the part of the nightlife is sure hard, mostly when your dance crew is in the middle of a break down. Yes, i'm a part of a crew, and not any type, it's a streetdance crew! We're the 'Fallen Stars'. Pretty cool, huh? The only problem is that our old bandmates left us because they had to move abroad so now it's only me, my bro, Hoon, Doojoon and Jongie, but we didn't give up! Whenever we have time ,like today afternoon, we get together and dance as much as we can but it'd be better if we could show our talents at night too and not only endure the shame and glares what we get from others. And to top it all the dream of every girl, the one night when dreams come true is in 2 months. What am i talking about? The seniors' final ball. And i'm supposed to dance there. You all think i should be happy about it but then there are small little details what makes it harder for me. Number one is, the Princess will sing however it isn't my biggest problem. I don't have a partner. No, actually i would have if it wasn't told that the person must attened our high. So yeah, i'm pretty much screwed. Why can't something go the way i want it just once? Am i asking too much?
- Eyy girl. - I feel a hand around my shoulders and as soon as it makes contact with me, i know who it belongs to.
- Sup, Joon? - looking up i come face to face with none other, than my dorky friend, Doojoon who i know ever since i was born. He lives opposite our house and we spend a lot of time together, like every afternoon and weekends, whenever i don't have to clean the house or cook for Jay.
- Yesterday i was practicing and finally i'm able to do the double back flip with the spinning on my hands as end. Isn't it cool? - he smirks that signature smile of his and i just have to mess his hair what he doesn't take as well as he should.
- I'm proud of you - Holding my hand up i'm waiting for him to high-five me,what he does. - Awh, i was at the studio with Hoon yesterday to practice for our performance at the university this Saturday and some kids peeked on us - I tell himexcitedly, waving my hands around in the air. - And you knowwhat happened?
- No, what? - he looked at me and yeah, he doesn't seem as interested as i am.
- We noticed them and stopped dancing. I went over to them and they were all blushing and hiding their faces in embarassment. Then the most unexpected thing happened! - I giggle, as images of yesterday are popping up in my mind.
- Can't you just get to the point? - he rolls his eyes and i just scoff. Of course, what was i thinking again, trying to tell Doojoon what happened to me? I knew i should have talked to Yub about this and not this moron.
- They asked us to teach them! - I screamed, jumping up in the air, and he just facepalmed himself. This guy is just so annoying! - And of course, the nice people we are, we did. You should have seen them, they were so determinate and cute at the same time. We promised them we will train them every Wednesday. I feel so lucky - I finish dreamily while Doojoon just shakes his head but i see the edge of his lips are turning into a smile. I know he's as happy as i am myself because this is our shared dream, to show and teach the world our boogie. Because this is what keeps us alive and what helps us get through the days..