A Bleeding Heart

Make Me Remember

Make Me Remember Sequel: Forget Me Not My Bleeding Heart.

사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤

There were no words to express the pain that Jonghyun had been feeling for the past week.  Every thought of Key caused a new wave of tears to fall from his eyes, already shinning yet dull from the previous fallen tears.

The bottles in the shower lined up neatly only caused tears to become mixed with the water and soap. A pair of shoes became caused tears to become mixed with the dirt and dust on the floor. A plate of food caused tears to fall again creating a dinner that was saltier than what the other members remembered.

“He’ll come around,” Onew said as he picked up the four plates of half eaten food. “He just needs time.”

“It’s been a while hyung,” Taemin said grabbing the fifth, untouched plate. “He should have forgotten about it already.”

A new batch of tears crept their way into Jonghyun’s eyes, threatening to spill over.

“Minnie, don’t say things like that!” Minho whispered rather forcefully towards Taemin, although it was loud enough to be heard by all the members currently in the kitchen.

“Taemin’s right,” Jonghyun said as a sob wracked his body, “we want him to remember things but the only thing he remembers is to be scared of me!”

“Hyung, don’t say that,” Minho started but he was cut off by a stern look from Onew. “He’s just as scared as we are. He doesn’t know what’s going on just like we don’t.”

“So then what can we do?” Taemin asked while plopping down onto the sofa. “Key hyung freaks out when Jonghyun hyung goes near him but if hyung doesn’t go near him Key hyung won’t get comfortable with him again.

“It’s not a matter of getting comfortable again Minnie. I just don’t want Key to be comfortable with me again; I want him to remember me again!” Jonghyun screamed jumping up from the couch.

A squeak was heard from behind the closed bedroom door indicating that Key was listening to the conversation that was unfolding.

“Hyung, what if he can’t?”

It was a whisper so soft that it was almost unheard.

“You don’t get it Taemin, sure I want him to be happy again but I want to be happy too. I want all of us to be happy again, as one. I want to be able to call him Key without him getting mad, I want to be able to have him take a shower without me crying outside the door, I want him to hold him when we sleep without him wanting to sleep on the floor!”

Collapsing to the floor Jonghyun wept into his hands as Onew and Minho wrapped their arms around him, trying to comfort the sobbing vocalist.

“I just want Key back to the way he was…”

“We all do hyung,” Minho said releasing Jonghyun from his grasp. “We all do but until then all we can do is act normal from him and do our best.”

“I know but sometimes that’s just too hard to do. We’re singers not actors.”

“Go and rest, we’ll clean up and let you sleep. Don’t worry about Key tonight, we’ll take care of him,” Onew said pulling Jonghyun up from the floor and wiping the tears from his eyes. “You’ve taken care of Key all this time; take care of yourself for a change.”

Jonghyun didn’t even have time to respond before he was dragged off towards the bedroom and thrown inside, the door slamming behind him.

It was at times like these that Jonghyun hated that all of the members shared a single room. Even so, Key most likely would be under the covers on his bed. If anything, Key wouldn’t even notice that Jonghyun even came into the room.

Walking into the bedroom, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness, Jonghyun’s eyes landed on the curled up figure of Key hidden beneath the covers. Tuffs of blonde hair stuck out from the top and his form shook with each sob that rippled through his body.

Jonghyun knew what that meant, those feline eyes were crying but whether it was because of fear, exhaustion, or pain, Jonghyun couldn’t tell nor did he want to know for fear of what the answer might be.

Not even announcing his arrival and instead just climbing up to his bed, Jonghyun took a moment to steal a glance at Key who still had not moved from under his cocoon of blankets.

 Jonghyun let out a sigh which in return earned a scared squeak from Key who tightened the blankets around his body, trying to curl into an even smaller ball then he was already in.

Lying down with a sigh Jonghyun slowly let his body sink into the mattress as his head soared.

So many thought were passing through Jonghyun’s head that he knew he was not going to be able to fall asleep any time soon. Key was crying and Jonghyun couldn’t even try to comfort him. Key still hadn’t eaten dinner so he was probably hungry. Key still had to take a shower and he forgot to tell Onew that. And lastly, Key was mad at him.

Thinking on it, Key was mad at him for one of two reasons. Reason number one, he had tried to kiss him.

Jonghyun knew that Key hated being touched now since he could not remember ever knowing the person who was touching him nor could he remember the relationship he had with that person and that was reason number two. Jonghyun had told him that a person named Key was the prettiest thing that he had ever seen.

It did not matter how many times Jonghyun called Kibum ‘Key’ because the name would never stick in Kibum’s mind. For Kibum it was as if Key was a completely different person meaning that Jonghyun liked this ‘Key’ person better than himself.

Kibum let out a small chuckle. Maybe Key was mad at him for both reasons… But it didn’t matter. All Jonghyun knew was Key was mad at him and that was the one thing that he was not forgetting.

Turning to look at Key’s form still hidden by the blankets Jonghyun noticed how he was not shaking. Instead his form was still aside from the steady rising and falling of his chest.

“Kibum,” Jonghyun started quietly, checking to see if the love of his life was really asleep. “I don’t know if you’re actually asleep or if you’re just faking it but I want you to know something.”

Jonghyun let out a slight chuckle, “Even if you are awake you’re not going to remember what I tell you. Still, when I told you ‘Key was the prettiest thing that I have ever seen’, I was talking about you. Don’t you remember when you stood on stage as a part of SHINee? The fans would scream out Key! Key! Key! Those were for you. They always have been… they always will be.”

Turning onto his side Jonghyun continued to stare at Key’s form still rising and falling with each breath he took. “Never in my entire life have I wanted you to wake me up at two in the morning just to tell me I was snoring. I want you to curl up against me when you have a nightmare instead of crying silently to yourself.”

Still Key did not move.

“God Key, do you know how much I miss you even though you are right in front of me? I know this is not your fault but you’re not the only person who is suffering here… I’m not the only one either. Jinki, Minho, Taemin, me, you, we’re all suffering. Sure we have Kibum but we want Key back.”

Rolling over so his back was towards Key, Jonghyun let his tears fall, creating steaks down his cheeks, and wetting his pillow.

“Kibum, even if it’s just for a minute, please… please just bring Key back.”

사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤ 사랑 ❤

Okay, so I wrote this a while ago because I was going to make this and the next chapter together but the next chapter is progressing very slowly. I was going to do a double update but… yeah… that’s not going to work.

The next chapter is going to be the last one and, I think, the best one.

Sorry it’s taking really long though. Since I am not a native English speaker I do not know the words that I have to use… (It’s a bed scene).

I have about half of it written and literally half of it is in English while the other half is in Korean because I am not sure of the English words!

Hopefully I’ll update the next and last chapter today (9/17) but if I don’t I’ll hopefully update it