Knowing Key

when key came into his life

 

 A Couple of days later

“Jonghyun!”

“Eh?”

“I made food! Get in here!”

Jonghyun stared at his expression in the bathroom mirror. He HAD gotten sick, but he didn’t want to admit it. His face was pale and his throat felt scratchy.

“I’m coming.”

Jonghyun left the bathroom to go meet Key in the kitchen. He insisted on making a meal every day after work for the both of them.

“Hey, are you completely sure that you are alright?”

“Yea.”

“okay then. I made spaghetti and just a green salad to go on the side.”

“Sounds good,” Jonghyun said along with a forced smile, trying not to discourage his new roommate.

They both sat down and started eating.

Jonghyun tried to seem perfectly fine throughout dinner, but wasn’t doing a very good job of it.

And then Key attacked him.

Well, he didn’t attack him.

Key reached very suddenly across the table and slapped the back of him hand to Jonghyun’s forehead and did the same to his forehead with the other.

“You have a fever. Go sleep.”

That just happened so quickly Jonghyun was trying to catch up to Key’s actions. “I’m fi-“

“Go now.”

Key lost his balance and fell into his plate. “Goddammit!”

Jonghyun just stared at him. He couldn’t believe how Key’s attitude could change at any second. He was so… spastic. It reminded him of Yoona on her period.

Key looked as if he was about to cry, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to cuss!”

Jonghyun started to laugh. “It’s fine. You have spaghetti sauce all over your shirt and your face.”

Key frowned. “And you have a fever. Go to your bedroom and go to sleep. You need to have a lot of sleep to get over a fever. I’m going to go take a shower.”

“Okay mother,” Jonghyun sang, earning a punch in the arm from Key.

“Hey, I’m a sick person! You can’t just punch sick people!”

“So you admit it!” hissed Key, trying to wipe the sauce off his face.

“No!...wait…damn, you got me.”

Key smiled victoriously at Jonghyun.

“Forget you, I’m going to sleep now!” said Jonghyun.

 

The café was busy with customers and Key and Jonghyun were stressing. He had taken over forty orders this morning. Why was the café so damn busy?

Jonghyun yelled, “Onew! Can you at least get off your and help?!”

Onew sat at a table in the corner on his laptop. “Nah, I’m good Jjong.”

“Don’t call me that!”

Key spoke up, “Hey Onew, remember who my uncle is? Minho? Your boss.”

Onew seemed to catch on. He cursed loudly earning some looks from the customers and went into the kitchen.

“Thanks for that Key!” Jonghyun yelled.

They both grinned at each other. It was fun to threaten Onew.

“Yes! Time to close up!” Jonghyun swung his lower body over the counter and ran to the door to switch the sign to say ‘closed’.

Key yawned. He was sitting in the corner at the table playing a stupid game on his phone. “Jonghyun, can we eat out tonight? I don’t want to make dinner.”

“Yeah, we can go to a bar even, if you want.”

“Cool, I’ll grab my jacket.”

The two were going to a restaurant down the street from their apartment. Jonghyun and Key were running to get out of the cold quicker. It quickly turned playful, and they ended up racing. Jonghyun barely beat Key as they both burst into the restaurant sweating yet freezing at the same time.

“Yeah! Take that!”

“You got a head start!” Key whined.

A waitress interrupted the argument. “Excuse me, would you two like me to take your jackets? I will seat you in a minute.

Not much later the two were sitting in a booth looking over menus. They decided to share one of the bigger meals and get some drinks. Jonghyun just ordered a simple beer, while Key ordered this complicated girly drink.

“What the hell did you order?’

Key responded, “Just a drink that I like to get here.”

Jonghyun sighed, “You couldn’t get something, I don’t know, a little manlier?”

“Shut up it has good okay?” Key snapped.

Jonghyun shrunk back in his seat. He didn’t dare make Key any more annoyed.

The waitress came back with our drinks, and Jonghyun couldn’t help letting a smile form on his lips when he saw Key sip the fancy pink drink.

“What are you looking at,” Key growled.

“You,” Jonghyun hissed sarcastically back to Key.

He responded, “You are very lucky I like you, or I would have killed you by now, Jonghyun….”

His cheeks immediately reddened as he realized what he said. “I…I mean…as like a friend,” he stammered. Godammit Key! Why do you do this?! He slowly looked up to Jonghyun.

Before they could either say anything, the waitress came over with the rest of their order.

Both of them were secretly thankful that their food came, so their awkward atmosphere had left as they dug into the big hamburger on the plate in front of them.

After about an hour, Jonghyun paid the bill and they started home. Both of them were a little drunk and it was around 12:30 at night. Jonghyun was exhausted, so he collapsed into bed right when they got home. About an hour later, Key came in, and started to shake Jonghyun.

“Hmm?” Jonghyun said half asleep.

“Jjong, my room is scary,” Key said. He was still tispy from the 3 pink drinks he had earlier.

“So what do I do?”

“I can’t sleep in there…Can I sleep with you?” Key said in his most adorable voice ever.

“Yeah. As long as you are quiet.”

No more words were exchanged as Key got into the bed with Jonghyun and immediately fell asleep.

 

---

hello! it is uber duber late here so i wrote as much as i can. i have a shizload of homewrok to do still so i must really love you guys to write tonight. (lol i really do love you guys though). comment what you thought. this was mainly a chapter for exposition. we get to know key a little more. ^.^ oh, and i figured out how to get the stupid m ratings off the dang chapters. i don't need that button quite yet... xD