Seeing Key

when key came into his life

 

Key gasped. He had just woken up to find himself in Jonghyun’s bed with Joghyun’s arms around him and his face buried in Jonghyun’s chest. How did he get there? He started to come up with ideas of what happened the previous night. Oh god no we didn’t have ...did we... oh oh oh fu-

“Morning,” Jonghyun yawned.

Key jumped, but didn’t get very far due to the giant muscular arms wrapped around him.

“Is everything alright?” Jonghyun asked casually. He realized where Key exactly was, and he pulled away and sat up quickly, cheeks burning from the embarrassment.

“Why the hell am I in your bed?” Key whispered, hiding his not red cheeks from Jonghyun’s view.

“You came in here late last night,” Jonghyun said more casually.

Key was sad to have the warmth of Jonghyun’s arms leave him, but he wasn’t about to show it. He also sat up and in a serious tone asked, “Umm, we didn’t…well, we… we didn’t do anything last night… right?”

Jonghyun’s face reddened further to match Key’s. “Oh god no. nonononono. You were drunk and I think you were going on about how your room was too scary to sleep in or something.”

Key sighed in relief. “Oh okay. That’s good, I guess.”

“I guess?”

Key got even redder. “I mean it’s good. Never mind about the ‘I guess’ part, I just added that.”

They stared at each other for the next few seconds and then looked away.

Jonghyun thought to himself, Damn, I’m getting feelings for this guy. If he found out, our friendship would definitely be over…wait…what am I saying? I’m not gay!

Key spoke up, “It’s Saturday, a whole two days to ourselves. Do you want breakfast?”

“Yea, I’m going to go put some clothes in the washer, you start breakfast.”

“Alright, I’ll call you out in a minute.” Key called as he flashed his beautiful smile.

 

Jonghyun and Key were sitting at the table having breakfast. Key had made pancakes and bacon.

Jonghyun picked up his plate and moved to the couch.

Key asked, “Hey, where are you going?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer, for he had a mouth full of pancakes. He sat on the couch and motioned for Key to come sit by him.

Key whined, “Aish, why are you such a pig, yet you are so skinny?” but he picked up his plate and walked to where Jonghyun was. And  sat down. They the TV and settled on a music show on MTV about some SM group called Shinee.

Key frowned at the TV. Jonghyun giggled watching his angry face and asked, “Is everything alright?”

Key’s face didn’t change, “See the one in the middle? His name is Onew.”

“And?”

“He’s so much better looking than me!” Key whined, “look at that face!”

Jonghyun’s eyes went from the TV to Key. Before he even knew what he was saying he blurted out, “I think you are a million times better looking than that guy.”

Key looked at Jonghyun trying to hide a smile. He was extremely flattered with Jonghyun’s compliment. And Jonghyun looked as red as a tomato at the time.

“Um… I meant to say that I think you have better… qualities.” He thought to himself, ing fail.

Key let his smile show. “You think I’m beautiful,” he said in a high pitched teasing voice.

It was now Jonghyun’s turn to frown. “No. Onwoo, or whatever his name is, is just not that good looking and you are. I didn’t indicate anything more.”

Key giggled. “alrighty then stubborn pabo.”

Jonghyun exhaled deeply. “Honestly Kibum,” he said in annoyance.

A few days later

“Jonghyun!” Key called from the kitchen.

“Yeah?”

“It’s time to open!”

Jonghyun sighed loudly. “Alright then.” He didn’t want to face another day of work. Especially today. He felt lazy and tired. It was rainy and cold out, so the sky was dark gray with depressing rainclouds.

“Jonghyun, Key!” a voice called from inside the café.

“Minho?” Key yelled from the kitchen. Hold on a sec!”

The three of them found each other inside the restaurant, Minho smiling madly.

Without any delay Minho started to babble. “We’re closing at ten a.m. today. I’m going to propose to my girlfriend.”

Key raised his eyebrows, “Wow, that escalated quickly.”

Minho frowned, “Shut up Key.”

Jonghyun wanted to cry tears of joy. “Yeah! We get to leave early!”

Minho turned to Jonghyun. “Yes, so in a few hours, close the shop like usual. I have a sign out saying that we close early today, so just kick anybody who is still here out. I’ll see you guys later,” he said running half walking out the door.

Key high-fived Jonghyun and they smiled at each other.

Jonghyun calmed down a little. “Key, want to go to lunch somewhere today?”

Key nodded his head. “Where?”

“I was thinking maybe a nice sit-down restaurant. Is that ok?”

“Yeah, let’s get to work now, were not off for another couple of hours,” Key answered.

At midmorning they closed down the café and set off down the street. Key was smiling and paying attention to nothing while Jonghyun was deep in thought. Oh my god. I’m taking him to lunch. Does this mean we’re on a date? No, were just having lunch Jonghyun. You are not gay stupid pabo.

Key started to talk, “Look at that huge building Jonghyun! What is it?”

“That’s the SM entertainment building. That group we were watching on TV a few days ago works for that company.”

Key stared at the building in awe. “Really? So that means that those people are in there?”

Jonghyun answered, “Well, I don’t know. They could be in America right now for all I know. They’re very popular in different places around the world.”

“I see, so where are you taking me Jonghyun?” Key asked in an adorable voice.

“A place over on the other side of that SM entertainment building, it has really good Italian food.”

Key clapped his hands in approval. He hugged Jonghyun. “Italian food is my favorite!”

Jonghyun tried to keep cool but wasn’t succeeding. He knew now what this was. He was in love with Key. He couldn’t change that either. Alright then, I guess I do like him, he thought.

Key turned to poke Jonghyun in the side. “Why did you turn all serious looking all of a sudden?”

Jonghyun snapped back to reality. “Oh, I guess I just have a lot on my mind right now.”

Key frowned. “Well, forget about that and enjoy today. It’s not very often Minho lets us leave early from work.”

He smiled and grabbed Key’s arm, “Alright then,” he said as he dragged Key off.

---

 

why hello there my lovelies. its a short chapter (sorry bout that) but next chapters gonna be reallllyyyyyyyy goood! nyeeeh i cant wait! next weekend it should be up. im not usually able to acess my computer during the week, so im sorry that it takes so long for one chapter. post feedback (i need it pweassse) and SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVEN'T BABE. YEA IM TALKING TO YOU^^ i got my hair cut short, so now i look like Ga In from brown eyed girls in their abracadabra video (except i have darker skin.) but anyways. i love you all, and next chapters gonna be a WHOLE lot better ;)

 

                                                                                                                                                                       <3 liz