Chapter 1

Broken yet Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first time he realized and accepted he fell for her was when she was a mess crying over her relationship that just ended. Shoulders hunched as tears continued to cascade down her pale cheeks. He saw her trying to make herself seem small. He knew how she tried so hard to not breakdown right there.

 

It has been months since he last had a meaningful conversation with her. During those months he needed to make himself scarce. He needed to get away from her and him. Though that didn’t mean he stopped thinking about her. He could feel his anger towards the man whom he knew made her cry again. He was caught in the middle. Should he go and look for the douche bag or follow and comfort her. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed trying to ease his anger. He knew what he needed to do.

 

He found her sitting on the bench looking over the view of the Han River. From where he was standing, he could see how much she was crying hard. Her body was shaking with her shoulders hunched over. He could hear her sobs which made him flinch. He could never take it when he sees nor hears someone cry especially a lady. As much as he knew he caused a few ladies some tears, it does not mean he likes seeing someone cry.

 

He sighed for the second time that night before he tried to calm his nerves and took a step closer to her. “This isn’t a time to think of myself. She needs me. She needs someone to comfort her.” He mumbled to himself before composing himself and settling himself beside her. He half expected her to push him away but she didn’t. Instead she turned away and wiped her tears before laying her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and brought her closer to him.

 

“He’s a jerk.” She started before sniffing and burying her face into the crook of his neck. He chuckled at her and soothed her back. “I know.” He said softly but offering nothing to add any more. She sighed and had her hand fisted his shirt.

 

“I-I didn’t do anything. I just… I just asked for some space and then he just-he blew up.” Her voice cracked even more as she thought of what just happened. He sighed for the third time and hugged her closer.

 

“It hurts badly.” She mumbled against his neck before another batch of tears came running down her cheeks. He murmured ‘I know’ before pecking her head. Throughout the night he just lends her his shoulders to cry on while he gave her warmth and comfort that she needed. As much as he wanted to tell her words of wisdom, he couldn’t, not when he knew it wouldn’t really change anything.

 

He hummed to her and before he knew it she fell asleep. He looked down on her and despite her puffy and blotchy face he still found her beautiful. He feels completely cheesy feeling that way but if it’s for her, he doesn’t mind. He cradled her in his arms before walking away. She cuddled closer to him bringing her face closer against his chest.

 

“Thank you, Seunghyun.” She mumbled before drifting off once more. He smiled at her before settling her on his car’s passenger seat. He leaned down and kissed her forehead. “Anything for you Sandara.”

 

Sometimes he felt like banging his head against the wall whenever he felt annoyed of her craziness. She just has that brand of crazy that just makes the people around her go insane. But then again, he would not ask her to change. He just likes her the way she is and that include

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter