A taste of the First Chapter

My Dirty Little Secret

The sun rays pierced through the small gaps in the window blinds. The light was sharp enough to highlight the dust particles in the air and to wake up the young lady in the room.

Blink Once.

Blink Twice.

She lets out a loud yawn as she stretches her lithe body. She sits up and looks around her bedroom.

Clothes are haphazardly thrown all over the place. Her nicest outfit is a wrinkled mess at the foot of her bed. Her eyes pause to glance at the three day old pepperoni pizza is rotting in the corner.

'I have to throw that out before the flies come in,' she thinks.

She continues to look around the room, convinced that something is off. Her eyes linger on the calender on her bedside. Most of the days are scratched out with a permanent black marker. However, the 12th is caked in bright red lipstick. [School Starts] is scribbled in the little box.

"ing school starts tomorrow," she growls under her breath. She jumps out of bed and regrets it the moment her feet thud on the cold tiled floor. Her shoulders slump.

'This is going to be a great day.'

Swishing sounds along with the sound of spitting is all that's heard in the small bathroom. She looks at her reflection while she vigorously swishes minty mouthwash between her teeth.

She's not a stunning girl but she's not ugly either. Her face is oval. It holds a pair of mismatched eyes. One is green. The other is light brown. She has a rather large nose compared to the rest of her face and her lips are plump, pink and currently dripping mouthwash and Colgate toothpaste. Her light brown skin cover her from her head to her toes. She has a couple of pimples but they're not big enough to be noticeable. Her eyelashes are clumped together and her eyebrows are thick enough to distract from her large forehead. She has her dark brown curls twirled into a bun.

She spits out the rinse and finishes cleaning herself up. Before she leaves the bathroom, she opens the cabinet. Prescription bottles of all shapes and sizes are packed inside.

She smiles at them as if welcoming someone home.

She opens a couple of bottles and takes a few pills out of each. In her right hand she holds a cocktail drugs. The variety of bright colors would have most people thinking she's popping skittles in . Leaving the cabinet open, she struts into her room and into her closet. She pulls out a large black luggage case. She snaps it open and clumsily throws the light orange bottles from the cabinet into the suitcase ( she left it in her bedroom) as if she was playing basketball. Afterwards she went through her drawers. Clothes, money, credit/debit cards, her stuffed teddy bear and all other necessities were stuffed into the suitcase.

It wasn't as easy as it sounds. I'm skipping over her abuse of foul language, jumping onto the suitcase, sitting on the suitcase, debating what she should take out, etc.

Whatever she couldn't fit into her suitcase, she decided she would stuff into the trunk of her car.

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Did you like it? I decided that the first chapter or two will be about the characters before they get to school. That way you can get a small hint about their secret from the very start. This is my character Sophia. and obviously this is not the complete first chapter since it's missing about 1,500 more words. :D

Also... I spend more time on Winglin than I do on here. So for faster updates go to:

http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Secret/