In the Midst of Everything...

Havoc in the Heart

 

Jungsu almost spurted out his iced chocolate because of the joke Youngwoon told him. The latter chuckled and handed him a tissue.

"Sorry," He said as the older man wiped his mouth. They were sitting in the cafeteria of University of Law and Justice after finishing a different seminar, which worked on criminal minds.

Jungsu shook his head but couldn't rid of the smile on his face, "I can't believe they let you in to the club after you did an octopus dance!"

"Should I show it to you?" Youngwoon asked standing from his chair. He didn't mind performing in front of the other hundred students who were having their lunch in the open place.

Jungsu immediately leaned over the table and grabbed him by the arms, "No! I might die of embarassment," Jungsu said shoving the man back on his seat.

Youngwoon liked the feeling of Jungsu's hand on his forearms. They had only known each other for a week, and yet he couldn't help but a feel a strong bond between them. And he knew it ran deeper than their love and devotion towards justice.

Jungsu blushed as he realized he had grabbed the other's muscular hands. Mumbling a barely audible apology, he leaned back in his seat and averted his gaze from Youngwoon. The blonde noticed it and held back his cheeky smile.

"When do you plan on ending the course?" Jungsu changed the subject back to Youngwoon's short Law course.

Youngwoon made a mental calculation, "In about a month. I'm planning on joining the police after that,"

Jungsu nodded and forced a half-hearted smile. In a month Youngwoon would leave the Uni and join SMPA, lowering his chances of ever seeing him again. Youngwoon noticed how Jungsu's expression was tinged with sadness at what he said.

He grabbed Jungsu's hand and held it tightly, "Don't worry. We can still hangout," Jungsu's face uplifted almost immediately and Youngwoon realized he would never get bored of seeing the other smile.

Jungsu felt like smashing his phone into pieces. He was frustrated beyond words. First, the only ing trace to the drugs had ran out of his sight and now was avoiding his phone calls. Second, the wound on his arm was acting up like a complete .

I swear I'm gonna kill him the next time I see him, Jungsu thought.

Youngwoon only sighed beside the fuming man. They were simply standing against the car and he felt like it was a waste of time. He wanted to do something.

"Should I call my department and try to get a tail on him?" Youngwoon offered but received a withering look from the older man.

"No," Jungsu simply declined. He didn't want the SMPA raiding the whole area. True, there were a lot of crime occurring in the wasteland, but it was also one of the ways Narcissus got their Intel and was able to carry out their operations. If the SMPA intervened, Narcissus would be put in a difficult position.

Youngwoon sighed again, not surprised at the answer. He knew Jungsu harbored distaste for the police after that happened, but after all these years, Youngwoon would've expected him to move on.

But he put me in fault for that too, Youngwoon thought with an inward groan.

Growing impatient, Youngwoon turned to Jungsu, "Can't we just ask around for him?"

Jungsu shook his head, "Then people will start to believe he knows something important, and trust me, all these amateur gangs love taking people who know something important,"

Just then, his phone vibrated and Jungsu glanced at the caller ID, "Finally," He grumbled and put the phone to his ear.

"Teukie, I'm in deep ," Yunho's voice said from the other side.

"What?" Jungsu said as Yunho told him about his current situation. His eyes widened at the news and he glanced at Youngwoon.

"Dude, where the are you?" Jungsu asked. They needed to reach Yunho. Fast.

"I have no idea. I just drove my bike to a warehouse near the ghost harbor. It's all covered in red graffiti..."

Jungsu mentally face palmed himself. Of all the places the idiot could hide, he chose the base of Hellbreakers. The day couldn't get any worse.

"Stay right where you are. I'm on my way," He turned to Youngwoon and said "So, ready for more action?"

 

***

 

"How is this even possible?" Kyuhyun leaned back in his chair and looked at the monitor. It was filled with the money transfer paths, and none of it made sense.

Kibum, who had taken off his jacket and sat down with the hacker, glanced at the monitor. He was right. Some transfers were made to Nepal and India, but none was made to the locations of any drug rouse.

"What is he planning?" Kyuhyun thought out loud.

"Maybe he realized that we are on to him. I'll talk to my informant," Kibum headed to the end of the room and took out his phone.

The phone rang for a long time. Kibum furrowed his brows. Why wasn't he taking the phone? Uneasiness swept through him and he tried calling again.

This time, the phone was switched off. Kibum stared at his cell as the call ended with the high pitch voice of a lady apologizing for not being able to connect the call. This could not be happening.

Kyuhyun turned around and saw Kibum's pale face, "Bummie..."

"Call Siwon and tell him to get a team to the informant's house. ASAP," Kibum said over his shoulder as he left the control room.

Two hours later, Siwon and Nichkhun came into the Intelligence Sector with grim looks on their faces.

Kibum headed over to Siwon, "How is he?"

Siwon shook his head in disappointment, "He was dead, long before we got there," He wanted to say that the informant was tortured, but seeing Kibum's horrified expression, he thought otherwise.

Kibum paced around in the room and the two men exchanged worried glances. They had never seen him so tensed before.

"Kibum, it's not the first time we've lost an informant," Nichkhun said, trying to assure the younger man who looked like he was about to lose his sanity.

"But none of our agents have ever been caught. They were killed in action," Kibum snapped, "And I don't know what they managed to fish out of him before they killed him,"

"What do we do now?" Siwon asked.

Kibum finally halted and sighed heavily, "We wait. Until Kwang-Ho makes a move or we get a lead from Leeteuk Hyung, we wait,"

So much for the day not getting any worse.

--------

Subscribers and Commenters and Readers... thanks! XD

BTW my next pair of exams are coming next month and will last till the middle of Nov. So update will be like veryslow(almost non-existent but I don't wanna break anyone's heart ;p) Sorry about that T.T

Mistakes will be rectified later~When I see them~

P.S. thanks doctorbanana for giving me those fanfic recs and taking me out of my boredom. (love u so much!)