Aggravating the Demons

Havoc in the Heart

NEW CHAP 12

Yunho put his cell phone back in his pocket and leaned back against his bike. He had no inclination that he was currently standing in marked territory, which should never be trespassed. But of course, the hot headed man didn't notice it. He hadn’t thought about the hazard level of any area as he ran away from the crazy Ying moments ago.

Yunho sighed as he recalled Leeteuk's shocked voice. His reaction was justified. Anyone with a rational common sense would agree that what he had done was dangerous - to the point where he could lose his life.

Suddenly he heard some voices and turned his head to see a small crowd coming towards his direction. They immediately stopped when they saw the tall man and his bike right in front of their base. Yunho winced at their scowling expressions and noticed that all of them had a red mark across their neck.

One of them walked towards him. His head was partly shaved and he only had spikes from the middle of his head. He folded his arms in front of Yunho and raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?" Yunho responded without thinking. The man narrowed his eyes at his rudeness.

"This is my territory; no one comes in here without my permission,"

"Okay, sorry. I'm gonna just leave now," Yunho said climbing over his bike. He was just about to put the key in ignition when he felt something sharp prick his neck. The man/scary dude had pulled out a knife and held it against Yunho's throat.

"You didn't let me finish. Those who do come in here without my permission always end up dead," He said breaking out into a smile.

 

                                                                                                                ***

Heechul walked into SMPA with a dark aura. He ignored everyone who bowed to him and walked straight into the Inspector's cabin.

Jin-ki and Jaejoong looked up from the forensics report they were reading and stood up to greet Heechul.

"Sir," They both said simultaneously.

Heechul didn't respond and eyed the documents on their table, "What are you working on right now?"

Jin-ki replied, "We are currently investigating a homicide case from Busan, sir,"

"Give it to someone else,"

"Sir?" Jaejoong sputtered.

"You heard me. Drop this case, anyone else can handle it,"

Jin-ki and Jaejoong exchanged nervous glances, "May we ask why?"

Heechul exhaled, "I want you to continue the warehouse killing case,"

Jaejoong and Jin-ki both gasped at the same time, "But...I thought we decided to drop that since we were going to work with Narcissus,"

Heechul shrugged, "I changed my mind. I want you all to find out who shot those people and get any evidence against Narcissus if you can,"

Jin-ki narrowed his eyes, "Sir, why the sudden change of heart?"

"They are hiding things from us. We went over our heads and formed an alliance with a vigilante association, just to bring that bastard Kwang-ho down, but in the end they prove to be just another group of s," Heechul said more to himself than to the inspector.

Heechul straightened himself, "What are you looking at? Start your work already," The inspectors bowed to their superior and left the cabin. Heechul closed the door behind him and headed to his own office.

"Chullie," He heard a familiar voice call him and turned around to see his mentor and best-friend, Ahn Chil-hyun walk down the bright corridor with a smile.

Heechul smiled a bit in return, "Hyung," In front of other people Heechul referred to him as 'Sir' but in private, they were just good old buddies.

"I heard you took the decision for Narcissus working with us," Chil-hyun said clapping the other man on the shoulder, "You are in for a big promotion, I can sense it,"

Heechul nodded, not really bothered by what the Superintendent General was saying. Ahn Chil-hyun noticed the forlorn look on Heechul's face.

"What's wrong? Things not going well with them?"

Heechul was about to explain the situation to the other until he remembered Kibum's words. No one below him was the mole. It was only the people with higher ranks than him that were hard to track.

Heechul looked at his friend. Yes, he was beyond furious with Narcissus - particularly with a man named Hankyung - but he took what they said seriously. Even though he knew that the chances of Chil-hyun being the mole were below zero, he decided not to say anything.

"No, just a bit stressed," Heechul said forcing a smile.

Chil-hyun's smile faltered for a short moment but he recovered it, "I see, let me walk you to your cabin,"

And Chil-hyun led Heechul through the empty corridor to his door. Heechul's secretary, Yoona bowed as Heechul went inside without a word. Yoona was about to return as well before Chil-hyun stopped her.

Yoona looked at her sunbae with a confused expression, but Chil-hyun just gave her an innocent smile, "I need you to do me a favor," Yoona left with him without a second thought.

 

                                                                                                                ***

Jungsu had called up Kyuhyun as Youngwoon drove through the wasteland towards the ghost harbor.

"So you're saying Yunho broke into Kwang-Ho's offices and stole all the data and is currently at one of the most dangerous places in the whole of South Korea?!"

Youngwoon looked at Jungsu who was glaring at the windshield in thought, "Yes. We are going there right now,"

Kyuhyun gulped, "Okay, just be careful. And take extra bullets, you will need them,"

Jungsu raised an eyebrow at his phone, which was on loudspeaker, "No sarcastic jokes about getting shot in the ? Is everything okay?"

Kyuhyun sighed, "No. Our informant was found dead in his house and Kibum's acting like he's going through PMS,"

"!" Youngwoon exclaimed while Jungsu remained calm. The latter knew that the current state of the informant was imminent if not inevitable.

"The mole sure acted up fast," Youngwoon commented angrily as he finally reached the harbor. It was stocked with endless rows of containers and he noticed the silhouette of a warehouse, not far off.

"Exactly. So you two be careful as well. I don't know if Kwang-Ho's men will come after you or not right now, but they will if they find out you are trying to get the location of the drugs beforehand. If we mess up this chance we have to catch him, the whole country will be in jeopardy,"

Jungsu and Youngwoon straightened and gave each other glances. Yes, their reconciliation had been bitter and they had said hateful words to each other. Even though they believed that the other had changed, they would put aside whatever happened between them recently and before to make sure everyone was safe.

The call ended and Youngwoon was going to drive inside the harbor when Jungsu stopped him.

"Youngwoon wait,"

"What?"

"If we go inside with the car, they will notice us easily," Youngwoon nodded and parked the car at a nearby curb.

Both of them got out of the car with their guns. Jungsu noticed how serious Kangin, no, Youngwoon was and hoped that their mission would continue smoothly. (A/N: As if )

They walked in the stuffy area and Youngwoon scrunched up his nose at the scent of sea salt and something else. He inhaled more deeply. Was it the smell of gunpowder?

Jungsu tensed as they reached the warehouse. He was expecting to see Yunho but only saw his bike.

"Where the is he?"

Just then, they heard noises of yelling and gunshots in the warehouse. Jungsu and Youngwoon exchanged glances and charged into the place.

"Holy ," Jungsu said as he saw Yunho lying on the ground with blood pooling around him. They were just about to head towards him when they felt guns poke into back of their heads.

"More unwanted visitors. Today is getting very exciting," A man appeared in front of them and Jungsu glared at him.

"Taeyang,"

"Leeteuk! Nice to see you again. How's Seohyun by the way?"

Jungsu almost lurched at Taeyang but he was held back by the other's subordinates, "You ! Don't ing say her name!"

Youngwoon got surprised by Jungsu's reaction but held his arm. Jungsu looked at Youngwoon angrily but calmed down when he saw the other's expression. Right, they were here to save Yunho. Past grudges could be taken care of later.

Taeyang just grinned, "She was such a beauty..."

He didn't get a chance to continue. Jungsu had taken out his gun and shot the man in the leg. Youngwoon turned around and shot the subordinates in the chest and pulled Jungsu to his side.

Taeyang fell to the ground and rolled around in pain. He looked up at Jungsu with hate filled eyes, "What the are you all looking at? Kill them!"

And then the shootout began. The Hellbreakers carried bigger guns, but Jungsu and Youngwoon were far more experienced. They dodged the bullets and shot at the gangsters and subdued them eventually.

"Get your friend, I'll cover you," Youngwoon said to Jungsu. The latter immediately rushed over to the fallen man and nudged him.

Yunho opened his eyes and saw Jungsu leaning over him, "Hey," He said and got up to a sitting position. He looked around and saw a man with a large build shooting down everyone like it was nothing.

"You ok?" Jungsu eyed the man; he was completely covered in blood.

"Yeah,"

"But…what is all this?" Jungsu asked pointing at the blood.

Yunho shrugged, "Someone else died here,"

Jungsu looked at Yunho with disbelief. If saving this man ended up being a waste of time, he would drown Yunho in the Han River himself.

Shaking his murderous thoughts away, he led Yunho out of the warehouse and Youngwoon followed suit.

"Thanks," Jungsu whispered to Youngwoon and he nodded. A bullet whizzed by his face and made contact with a distant container. The three of them turned around and saw a limping Taeyang holding a gun. Jungsu glared at him and looked at the other two.

"Get the car, I'll handle him," Jungsu said but Youngwoon stopped him.

"Jungsu, your arm," He said nodding towards the bandage. Jungsu just rolled his eyes, "I'll be fine," He said escaping from the other’s grasp.

Taeyang aimed at Jungsu, ready to shoot again but the blonde kicked his arm and the gun fell from his hands. Growling like an animal, he charged towards Jungsu and they both fell to the ground.

Jungsu grabbed the other man and rolled so he was on top of him. Seeing Taeyang's face made his blood boil and he punched the bastard. Taeyang's face snapped to the right and he felt blood drip down his nose.

Jungsu stood up and kicked him in the chest which caused Taeyang to moan in pain. He heard the breaking of bones and smiled satisfactorily. He looked up just in time to see Youngwoon drive in with his car. The car stopped and Jungsu headed that way but Taeyang grabbed his leg.

Jungsu looked down with an impassive face and kicked him in the groin. From inside the car both Youngwoon and Yunho winced at the scene.

"That was for Seohyun," Jungsu whispered and entered the car. Taeyang watched it drive away angrily. His men came out of the warehouse and helped him up.

"Call everyone," He ordered, "I want that Leeteuk dead!" He spat out blood.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The new chapter. I shall upload the next chapter soon!!! 

And people who are subscribing/commenting/reading to this story.... SARANGHAE!! and thank you for being patient when no updates were happening to this one. I know a wrote a lot of other stories but I wanted to continue Havoc in the Heart with a nice flow, so I just left it aside till my last exam. Hope that this support remains !!! TTuTT