Evening Date. part one.

When Friends Fall In Love

---Choi Residence ; Saturday (4:00 pm)---

After her morning with Sehun, Sulli was now back at home relaxing while Sehun left to do some research at the library. Settled in bed with her new book, Sulli was completely engrossed in the story when, BZZZ!, her phone rang. Stretching her arms out around her, she searched around her bed for the phone, eyes not once leaving her novel. Found it!

1 New Message - Jongin

                From; Jongin

                To; Sulli

                                Yah! Sulli-ah ! ~ Are you free tonight? I’ll pick you up! (;

 

Looking at her clock, it had been about three hours since she’d been home and was a little over a third done her book. Figuring that she had time to spare, and didn’t want to finish her book in a night, replied to Kai telling him to pick her up in half an hour.

---

Half an hour later, Sulli was greeted at the door with a smiling Kai. Not that he never smiled, but today felt different. ‘Hey Ssul, ready to go?’

Returning the gesture with a nod and her signature eye-smile, Sulli grabbed her stuff and followed Kai out the door. ‘Where are we going anyways?’

‘Well, I figured out hadn’t had dinner yet so let’s go eat! My treat What are you feeling? Italian? Chinese? Japanese? Fren-‘

‘How about pizza?’ Sulli suggested. Kai looked at he in disbelief. He was planning to pay for dinner tonight instead of the normal split payments the four always do. Sehun and Krystal would’ve gladly taken advantage of the offer.

Seeing the look on his face, Sulli sheepishly admitted, ‘Yeah, I’m not that hungry. I had quite a big brunch today and snacked throughout the morning.’

Kai reassured Sulli that pizza was alright and that he was craving for some too, (though he had already eaten some last night cause Taeyeon noona came home late). He also made a mental note to beat Sehun the next time he sees him for over feeding Sulli and messing up the plan. ‘Pizza it is! Let’s head on out.’

---

Truthfully, Kai would have never believed that Sulli wasn’t hungry if she hadn’t told him before hand. They both ate at a half a large pizza each. Laughing and making random jokes, the duo talked endlessly about school, their sisters (especially Taeyeon and Joonmyun, can’t they just get together already?!), and recalled some memories as the night went on.

‘Ready to go now?’ Kai asked as he mentioned for the waiter. Sulli nodded as the waiter came back with their bill. Kai couldn’t help but notice the way that the waiter’s eyes lingered on Sulli a little more than they should. He looks familiar.

‘Oh Minho sunbae!’ Kai was snapped out of his thoughts by Sulli’s recognition of the waiter. Ah! Minho sunbae! Guess he got a haircut no wonder I didn’t notice from the distance.

Everyone at school knew of Choi Minho. Kai had seen him around before, captain of the school’s track team with the highest records not only in high jumps but in dating. A complete Casanova. He’d never forget the time that he and Sehun we’re going to jump him for targeting Krystal, but she beat them to it, like always. That girl, he'll never stop being surprised.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts, Kai pulled his mind back to the conversation that Sulli and Minho we’re sharing and decided that something must be done.

Subtly, not so subtly, stretching his arms, Kai knocked over his glass of water creating a huge mess on the ground. ‘Whoops.’

Looking away from Sulli, Minho glared a bit at Kai before excusing himself to get a mop.

Once out of view, Kai placed the money on the table and stood up. ‘Come on Sulli, let’s get you home, it’s late.’

Sulli agreed and gathered her stuff while Kai silently thanked her innocence and obliviousness of not seeing through his little show back there.

---

Getting back to Sulli's, they were both met with a silent house. This wasn't an abnormal thing as all their parents we're very successful business people. Flying here and there for business trips and meetings. But seeing as Tiffany unnie was not yet home, Sulli felt a little lonely. 

'Hey Kai, is it okay if you stay? The quiet house atmosphere is starting to get a little lonely. I bugged Krystal into staying up with me last night so i feel that it wouldn't be right to do it again.' Sighing, Sulli looked out her window to the Jung residence to see all lights off there too. 'She's probably asleep anyways.'

Kai laughed to himself, If only you knew. She's probably not even home yet. 'Yeah sure Ssul, i'll accompany you. Taeyeon noona's probably going to be home late again anyways.' Looking outside, Kai suddenly had a brilliant idea. 

---

Laying down on the blanket they set up in Sulli’s backyard, the two looked at the stars that night completely full and in a comfortable silence.

‘I don’t think I’ve ever felt so full. And I didn’t  even eat much.’ Sulli said as she broke the silence.

‘Ahaha, you thought you didn’t eat much. I think half a pizza is more than a ‘much’ Ssul.’

Jabbing his side with her elbow, Sulli gave Kai the best pout she could put on. ‘Thanks for treating me to dinner. Anyways, I have a question, and it might sound weird or stu-‘

Kai cut her off, ‘Ssul, don’t worry. There are never any stupid questions…just stupid answers.’

Smiling at his interruption, Sulli continued, ‘Do you ever feel like changes are coming. Big events that can impact our lives in ways that we’d never imagine? I can’t help but feel that something’s coming. Good or bad, I don’t know. But the feelings there.’

Kai turned to her and smiled softly. Not the normal mega-watt smile that Kai gives out all the time, but those rare Kim Jongin smiles that belong only to the four friends. ‘Ssul.’ He looked straight into her eyes. ‘You read way too many books for your own good.’ Chuckling he turned away from his dumbfounded best friend back to the starry night skies. I know it’s coming too. Good or bad, even I can’t tell. But fingers crossed we’ll still be four.

---a/n.  

*hides* *peaks out* awoooo ~

Uhm, hi(?) LOL. I know it’s been awhile. Really long writers block coupled with laziness results in … no updates.

I’m back, the wheels are turning in my mind! I can do this!

Anyways, thanks for those of you who stuck around and to my new subscribers (how I got you or how you found me I’ll never know but D: thankyou.)

Part two of the evening dates should be up by the end of this week!  So stay alert(?) !