The Shock, The Complications, The Plan

When Friends Fall In Love

Later that day

‘KAI! KAI! KAI!’      

‘YAHHH ! KKAMJONG!’

Two loud voices were banging on the front door of the Kim residence. They were so excited to tell their friends what they had overheard. Pounding on the door and ringing the doorbell in an unorganized and frantic manner, it was a surprise nothing broke yet. They stopped when they heard a click from the inside as the door was being unlocked.  The eldest was about to yell at Kai for taking too long when the door opened and revealed a small petite girl with an un-amused expression.

‘Yes Baekhyun, Chanyeol. What can I do for you two?’

‘Hehe, H-hi Taeyeon noona. Uhh, we were looking for Kai.’ Chanyeol answered with a sheepish smile on his face.

‘We have important news to tell him noona. Can you call him please.’ Baekhyun added, giving Taeyeon a little pout that he knew she couldn’t say no to.

‘Okay fine, hold on...’ Taeyeon gave in and walked to the staircase. ‘YAHH! JONGIN-AH! GET DOWN HERE. BAEKYEOL ALMOST BROKE OUR FRONT DOOR LOOKING FOR YOU!’ She turned back to the two boys with a sweet smile, ‘He’ll be down soon, and before you try and break down his house, Sehun is here too. If you need anything I’m in the kitchen!’

Once she was out of the room Chanyeol gave out a sigh of relief. ‘Taeyeon noona is my favourite noona but sometimes she can be so scary.’ Baekhyun nodded his head in agreement.

A minute later Kai appeared in the living room, dragging an upset Sehun with him complaining about how Kai was cheating at the video game they were playing. No wonder they didn’t hear us. Knowing them they both turned the volume up and tuned out the rest of the world gaming, Baekhyun thought.

‘Hi hyung, what’s up?’

‘I swear Kai, if this news wasn’t so important I’d kill you for not answering the door. We almost got in trouble with Taeyeon noona. TAEYEON NOONA!’ Baekhyun exclaimed, being the drama queen he was it was all the more dramatic.

‘Psh hyung, noona adores you so you already know that she wouldn’t do anything bad to you.’ Sehun added, amused at his hyung’s childish behaviour. ‘So what’s the big news?’

The four friends sat in the living room and listened while the two told Kai and Sehun about how on their way to the cafe across the park they had spotted Krystal and Sulli under the big tree and decided to approach them. But as they approached they overheard a conversation that they believe they shouldn’t have heard but was extremely important they couldn't just not hear it.

‘And so we have found out that the guys that Krystal and Sulli like are you two!’ Chanyeol explained.

Kai and Sehun were shocked and speechless. The girls liked them? Things are about to get complicated. ‘Well did you hear them say who likes who?’ Sehun asked cautiously.

‘Uhm, well, not really.... we kinda ran away in excitement when we heard the first half... so we didn’t stay long enough to hear the last part.’ Chanyeol confessed. Kai, who was sitting next to him, gave him a good smack on the head.

‘Thanks hyung. It would’ve helped to know who.’

‘Well it’s not our fault and besides, eavesdropping is a bad habit to get into. Now if you’ll excuse us, our job is done so we’re going to go get our lunch that we completely forgot about.’ said Baekhyun as he got up and dragged Chanyeol out of the house. Once the duo left, Sehun and Kai were left with their thoughts until an unexpected voice broke the silence.

‘So, Soojung and Jinri have a crush on one out of the two of you. You’re minds must be in a mess trying to figure this one out.’ Taeyeon playfully teased. The duo immediately turned around with shocked faces, not believing that Taeyeon heard the whole conversation. ‘That’s right boys, noona knows everything that goes on in this house.’

‘Yah Taeyeon noona, it’s not polite to eavesdrop.’

‘I wasn’t eavesdropping, I was already in the room packing my bag and it’s not my fault you two failed to see me while Baekhyun and Chanyeol did.’ Taeyeon countered. ‘I’ll find out soon anyways. Now do any of you have a sweater or button up shirt handy, if I run upstairs now I’ll be late.’

‘I do.Who are you meeting anyways?’ Sehun handed her his light blue shirt.

‘Joonmyun,’ Taeyeon replied with a wide smile.

‘Careful noona. Wearing another boys clothes might make him jealous.’ Kai teased.

‘And you’re point is?’ Taeyeon playfully replied with a knowing smile and a wink before she left the house.

Kai smiled. Ahaha, noona, you never grow up do you.

---

Sitting at his desk that evening, Kai was still in the midst of trying to figure things out. Truthfully, he and Sehun had both fallen for their best friends a long time ago and never had they thought that these feelings would be returned. Picking up the picture frame on his desk, he looked at the faces of four young kids, happily smiling and laughing. I hope things don’t change for the four of us. An idea soon popped into his mind and he dialed Sehun’s number. After three rings he picked up.

‘Sehun? I have an idea. You interested?’

....

 ‘Great! So, here’s the plan....’

 

-- a/n.

hi hi ! I see subscribers already its shocked me. thankyousomuch~. as you can see the girls like the boys and the boys like them two. but sadly you still dont know who's fallen in love with who (; keep anticipating ! ~