Gone.

Bruises.

**filler chapter**


 

 

The weekend seemed to have fast forward to them. Hana became afraid of her surroundings, but not once was she left alone. Kris protectively slung an arm over her shoulders and whispered sweet words as they walked down the hallways. People began to whisper and gasp, but his only focus was her. She clung onto tightly, as if any moment now something bad was bound to happen. Upon reaching their classroom, he led her to her seat and made way for his, only to have her clutching onto his sleeve. He gave her a reassuring look and placed his hand over hers. He mumbled a quick, 'it'll be okay' and smiling. 
 
She was on edge the entire day. She couldn't focus on lessons and would flinch whenever someone would call her name. He felt guilty. The figure that would pass every break to see her felt a wave of guilt hit him. He never meant to hurt her, it was the last thin on his mind yet he succeeded in doing so. 
 
Xiumin punched the cold surface of the metal lockers and leaned his back against them. Slowly he slid and found himself with his head clutched in his bleeding hands. In the distance, Kris spotted him and rushed over,
 
"Xiumin? Dude what happened? Are you okay?" Lifting his eyes, Xiumin could only beat himself up more and more. Who was he to hurt the girl he loved? And seeing the worry expression of the man she loved in front of him made him feel more of an . 
 
"Xiu...you Gould head to the nurse. That's a lot of blood--"
"Take care of her, Kris."
"...what? Are you feeling okay? Here let me hel--" Trying to help him up, the latter only pushed his hand away and slowly got up himself, giving the other a faint smile.
"Promise me, Kris. That you'll take care of her." His eyes glassed over and Kris could only nod, placing his hand on the shorter's shoulder.
He walked away, and Kris failed to catch any glimpse of him for the rest of the day.
 
At lunch, the boys came sauntering in their classroom, heads hung low.
 
"Guys? What's up with the faces?" Kris question with a raised brow. 
 
With red eyes, Luhan silently spoke, "Xiumin is moving back to China. He just left without a word." Tears began flowing from his eyes and Hana rushed to him, cradling him in her arms. Confusion was evident, but right now wasn't the time to question. The classroom was filled with sniffling tears. They all seemed to have lost their appetite, their lunch abandoned on their desks. 
 
A soft voice began humming and soon enough broke into gentle singing. The boys looked up at Hana, more tears flowing. She rocked Luhan as she sang, knowing that he secretly had loved Xiumin. Luhan cried harder at the familiar song, burying his face between her neck and shoulder. She his hair and kissed it, singing the all too familiar tune. 
 
It would be a lie if Kris said he didn't feel any amount of jealousy, but he knew Luhan needed someone more than any of them at this moment and Hana was the only one who could help. Tao suddenly came over to Kris and sobbed into him. Kris could only awkwardly try to console the younger, his eyes looking at Lay as he looked out the window and Chen who's eyes seemed empty. 
 
One by one, Hana made her way to each of the boys, assuring them that Xiumin wouldn't leave without a good reason. She back hugged Lay an told him it was okay not to be strong all the time, causing the latter to let out a choked sob even he didn't know he was holding. She made her way to Chen and held his hands in hers, kissing each and wrapping them around her frame. She stayed silent and hugged him until she felt him relax. She pulled away to see him smiling lightly as he patted and ruffled her hair. Finally, after having trouble prying Tao away from Kris, she was able to get him to laugh with a few aegyo poses here and there. Soon enough, they all thanked her and went their way. 
 
As soon as they left, she felt her shoulders slump and a few tears escaping her eyes. She was worried for Xiumin. He didn't even say goodbye. She thought. 
 
A pair of strong arms enveloped her from behind and kisses her shoulder. She relaxed and turned to face him, "don't ever leave me, Kris. I can't lose you too." 
 
He answered her with a chaste kiss, then pulling her into his arms once more. How could he leave when he too needed her?

 

A/N: not edited or anything because I have to update from my phone and I just wanted to clear one persons pic lol two more to go! This was lame, I know, but it's raining rn and I wanted to make a melodramatic scene hah xoxo