First Day of Filming

Movie Magic

 

The gang was back to their old high school, Kirin. It was their first day of filming. The director said they'll be doing the audition scenes and the showcase scenes for the day.

"Oh! I feel so happy! We're all together again in Kirin. Being here with you guys really brings back memories." Pil Suk started reminiscing the past with the rest of the gang.

"…Remember the day, we made our own fake showcase here. I can't believe we were able to pull it off." Pil Suk began.

The girls and Jason got excited talking about it. Even Baek Hee, who said if she could turn back time, she would join them.

"I really do treasure that day. It was the first time I sang together with my Hye Mi on stage." Sam Dong said while smiling sweetly to Hye Mi.

Hye Mi smiled back then she looked at Jin Guk with concern. He looked rather glum after Sam Dong spoke.

Jin Guk then excused himself from the group and went outside.

After Jin Guk left, Hye Mi told the group that she'll just go out for a phone call. She then followed Jin Guk outside.

Jin Guk was sitting on a bench with his earphones on when Hye Mi saw him. She approached him slowly and then sat by him. She then removed the earphones on Jin Guk's left ear and place it on her left ear without saying any words.

Jin Guk was surprised that Hye Mi followed him. "What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"I figured you needed a friend." Hye Mi replied.

Jin Guk smiled at her response.

"So what's troubling you? Don't say it's nothing… I know you." Hye Mi suddenly asked.

Jin Guk smiled faintly and didn't answer.

Hye Mi really wanted to know what's wrong. She didn't like seeing Jin Guk like this. For some reason, at times she feels slightly responsible for Jin Guk's sadness.

"Yah! Tell me." Hye Mi insisted. Still Jin Guk was silent.

"Was it because of what Sam Dong said?" She suddenly asked.

Jin Guk faced her. He didn't expect her to say that. She caught him.

"Anio, I was just thinking of what ifs or what could bes." Jin Guk vaguely replied.

Hye Mi tilted her head to the side with a scrunched up expression.

"Yah! Your reply is like a riddle. Tell me straight!" Hye Mi ordered.

"It's just that… I was thinking what if I performed in the fake showcase… with you, would our situation change?... Would I be the one you call your boyfriend now instead of him?" Jin Guk replied while looking  at Hye Mi straight to her eyes.

Hye Mi was caught off guard by his reply. She didn't expect that that was what was bothering him. Hye Mi's face turn red. She didn't know what to say to Jin Guk next after he revealed what was on his mind.

"Uhhh...C'mon let's go inside. They might be looking for us." Hye Mi said as she stood up immediately and walked towards the building. Jin Guk followed.

As they reach the door, they bumped into one of the production assistants of the movie. "Hye Mi, Jin Guk. I was about to call you. Your scene is going to be filmed first. The director's asking for you to go to Kirin's back entrance." The P.A. said.

"Arasso. We will go there now." Jin Guk said.

Hye Mi just smiled in response.

They both walked towards Kirin's back entrance silently.

As they arrived, they saw a motorcycle similar to Jin Guk's old one.

"Omo. Is that your motorcycle from way back? It even has the matching helmets that we used to wear." Hye Mi said in amazement.

Jin Guk was just silent. He walked towards it and grabbed the helmet similar to what Hye Mi used to wear. He then placed it on Hye Mi's head and smiled sweetly.

Hye Mi smile back.

"Oooohhh you seem to know what we're going to do here." The director spoke suddenly.

"Sorry for not informing you about this scene earlier but this is the only time we can use the motorcycle. We will be filming Kelly's escape from the loan sharks with the help of James." The director explained.

"Ok." Both actors said in unison.

"Let's start." The director said.


"Lights, camera, action, take 1"

Kelly walked on the bridge connecting the two buildings of Kirin. She was about to walk through the front gate when she saw the loan sharks waiting for her there. She immediately changed her route and ran towards the back door. There she saw a guy getting on his motorcycle. "Wait. I need a ride." The guy stopped and removed his helmet. It was James. Kelly was shocked and a bit appalled. "It's you! ! I've changed my mind. I won't go with you." She said. "Suit yourself." James replied. Kelly then heard the loan sharks getting closer. James was about to leave. "Stop! I'm coming with you." She puts the helmet on and sat behind James. "You better hold on tight." He told Kelly. She then grabbed on James' scarf which in effect choked him. "Ehek. Not there. I mean hold on to my waist." He said. Kelly didn't  want to."I'm okay." She said. "Fine. Let's go." James said as he started the engine and blazed away. Because of the sudden burst of power, Kelly had no choice but to grab on to James waist tightly so she won't fall.  "Where should I take you?" James asked. "Anywhere far from here." Kelly said as she rests her head on James' back.

"Cut!" The director said. "Good job everyone. Great acting Jin Guk and Hye Mi. You guys are naturals. I especially loved it when you adlibbed with the holding on to the scarf instead on the waist. Genius!" The director praised them both.

"Kamshamnida" The two said.

"Ok next we will be filming the lake scenes. First is the scene where you let her cry with the helmet on. Next we film the scene where you, James, lets go of Kelly."

"Uh ok." Both said.  They were quite surprised by how much the movie is mimicking their  real story.

As soon as the director left the two of them, both expressed their amazement over the accuracy of the scene to what happened for real.

"Woah! How did he know that?" Jin Guk said.

"I know right?! How the hell did he know about that lake?" Hye Mi said.

"It's our special secret place." Jin Guk said like as if he was a 7 year old kid.

Hye Mi laughed.

"Besides, how could he have known about what took place there?" Hye Mi wondered.

"Hmm… Maybe he's an ultra expert spy and he's been spying on us since even before we started on Kirin." Jin Guk suggested.

Hye Mi hit him on the head. "Ouch!" Jin Guk exclaimed.

"You're imagination is too much." Hye Mi said as she walked away.


They finished filming the two scenes. They were sitting on a van, going back to Kirin. They were sitting beside each other but nobody was talking. Hye Mi was in deep thought while looking outside. She then suddenly spoke up.

"Jin Guk, how did you know I liked Sam Dong then?" Hye Mi asked.

She was talking about the time the previous scene they just filmed was based on.

Jin Guk faced her and replied. "I saw it in the way you looked at him. It was different."

Hye Mi faced the floor and asked again. "Why did you let me go back then?"

Jin Guk gave a faint smile before answering. "I didn't want to force you to change how you feel for Sam Dong or force you to feel something for me again. I left you for a long time. It's hard to say if I was still in your heart. I thought it was better to let you go and wait and see what will happen to us."

Hye Mi was satisfied with Jin Guk's answer and reverted back to looking outside again. She's happy to have someone that cares for her like that in her life.

They soon arrived to Kirin and resumed filming for the audition scenes and the showcases.



There will be more drama on the next chapter. Please do comment and subscribe. I really appreciate it when you do :))