Lamaze Class

Movie Magic

As soon as Jason left, Pil Suk called Hye Mi.

"Pil Suk-ie! I was about to call you. How are you and my soon-to-be godchild? "

"We're both doing fine. Thanks for asking. Uhm Hye Mi I need a favor."

"Sure. What is it?"

"I need you to attend a class for me. It's a class that helps me get ready for the baby but unfortunately something came up  and I couldn't come."

"O-kay? When's the class?"

"10:00 am…. Today."

"What?! It's already 8:30 am!"

"Mianhe Hye Mi-ah.  I'm sorry for asking you last minute."

"Aishhh! Fine I'll go! Just coz I love my godchild so much."

"Weh? Thank you so much! I owe you big time!"

"Ne. So where is this class?"

"I'll just send you the details. And oh! I almost forgot. Please wear comfortable clothing and bring some ice cubes."

"Ice cubes? Huh?"

"Bye Hye Mi. I have to go now. Thanks again!"

 

Pil Suk hurriedly ended the call before Hye Mi becomes suspicious of the ice cubes and decides not to go at all.

 

"Phew that was close." She said.

 


 

 

While Jason was on his way to the airport, he phoned Jin Guk.

 

"Yeoboseo"

"Bro it's me, Jason. I need your help."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Remember you sort of promised me that you'll help me with Pil Suk's pregnancy."

"Yeah? So?"

"I'm calling you out on that promise. I need you to attend a class and you can't say no for an answer."

"Sheesh! What kind of class is this that you resort to coercion just for me to go?"

"Lamaze class."

"What's that?"

"Haha. Just go. I have a surprise for you there."

"Surprise? You're really pulling all the ropes now. I feel nervous about this."

"Haha. Trust me you'll like the surprise. I'll have Pil Suk send you the details. I need to go now. I'm driving."

"Alright man. Take care!"

 


 

 

Hye Mi entered the lobby of a posh health and wellness center. She looked around and the place was big. She didn't know where to go. She was texting Pil Suk for directions when she bumped into someone tall and buffed.

 

"Ow! Uhm Mianhe." Hye Mi blurted out without even looking. She was about to walk pass him when her arm was grabbed by the guy.

"I ALREADY SAID SOR-Jin guk?" She was shocked to see him there. "What are you doing here?"

He gave her his famous ear smile. "Jason ordered me to go here. So would you happen to know where the Lamaze class is?" He asked.

"No. I'm going there myself. Pil Suk asked me. I'll ask the receptionist." She said and went towards the receiving area.

"I guess you're my surprise." Jin Guk whispered as she walked away.

 

After talking to the receptionist, Hye Mi and Jin Guk went inside the second door on the right. There were around eight pregnant women in the room with their partners with them. Some pregnant women were doing stretches while some were receiving massages from their partners. Hye Mi and Jin Guk were shocked to see other people in the room. They thought it was a private class. It will be a huge scandal if the news of Hye Mi and Jin Guk doing pregnancy preparation class together gets out. People will think the worst.

 

"Let's get out of here." Hye Mi said.

"Let's" Jin Guk replied.

Before they could take a step out of the room, a pretty girl with long straight hair blocked them.

"Hi. I'm Victoria. I'm the Lamaze instructor." She said.

Jin Guk and Hye Mi gave her an apologetic smile and was about to leave when she asked "Where are you going?"

"Uhm… well there must've been a huge misunderstanding. We're just substituting for Pil Suk and Jason and we thought their class was private.  As you can see Jin Guk and I are celebrities. We can't afford being seen together in a class for pregnant couples. It can cause a scandal." Hye Mi replied.

"Oh don't worry about that! I require all my participants to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I've been handling celebrity couples since I started here in Korea so there is nothing to worry about." Victoria assured them.

"O-kay. But just to be clear, we are not a couple." Hye Mi said defensively.

"Right!" Victoria said with a cheeky smile.

Jin Guk smirked at her reaction.

Hye Mi noticed.

"What are you smiling about? I had to tell her! She might ask us to do couple-y stuff if I hadn't." Hye Mi explained.

Jin Guk just laughed which annoyed Hye Mi.

 

The class was about to start. Everybody was trying to find their place in the center of the room. Victoria also reminded everyone to turn off their phones and leave them in their lockers.

 

"Ok class let's start by watching a video of a friend of mine going through labor." Victoria played a video on the screen which showed explicitly a woman giving birth.

Hye Mi was earnestly writing down notes for Pil Suk but when it came to the part where the baby was about to go out, her eyes widened. Jin Guk, who was right behind her, had his mouth opened and was dumbfounded with what he was seeing.

 

The video ended and Victoria began asking for some reactions from the class. "Hye Mi, Jin Guk, you two seemed very shocked by the video, what can you say about it?" She asked.

 

"It looks like it hurts… a lot." Jin Guk said bluntly. He was still in shock.

"Yes. It does. That's why we have this class to help mothers-to-be cope with the pain that they may experience." Victoria explained.

 

The class continued. They'll be doing some stretching and massages.

 

"Ooohh massage. I think I'll like this part." Hye Mi cooed.

"Ladies raise your hand up in the air and stretch up." Victoria instructed.

The ladies followed. The men just stood behind them, watching.

"Now go down low and reach for the floor and move your feet back." Victoria continued.

"Don't you dare look at my ." Hye Mi hissed at Jin Guk while she was in a downward dog position.

Jin Guk laughed at how silly she looked.

"Now men, stay on your partner's hind side and massage their lower backs with deep smooth ." Victoria instructed.

"What?!" Hye Mi stood up from her position.

"Let's just follow Victoria okay? So we can practice this with Pil Suk later." Jin Guk said.

"Hmph!" Hye Mi went back down reluctantly.

Jin Guk snickered while he massaged Hye Mi's back.

"YAH! Do it properly! Stop laughing!" Hye Mi hissed.

"Okay everyone sit down. Now I would like the men to give their partners a foot rub." Victoria said.

"What another massage for you? Why do you always get the massage?" Jin Guk complained.

"Because you’re the slave boy and I'm the princess." Hye Mi said smugly.

Jin Guk continued to massage Hye Mi's feet, hands and back. She enjoyed it very much while Jin Guk sulked a bit.

 

Now they're going to practice breathing exercises.

"One technique to help you with the pain is through practicing some deep breathing. It helps you revert your attention from the pain to concentrating on your  breathing." Victoria said. "Now ladies get some ice cubes and hold them in your palm."

 

Hye Mi got her ice cubes and walk back to where Jin Guk was. "I thought we were going to make healthy fruit shakes for the baby with the ice cubes." She said to Jin Guk which made him chuckle a bit.

 

"Okay now you are all settled down. Ladies I would like you to sit in between your partner's legs and rest your back on their chests." Victoria said.

Hye Mi and Jin Guk looked at each other.

"I-I guess we should do it. The instructor looks strict. She might get mad at us if we don't do it." Jin Guk said.

Hye Mi blew her bangs and reluctantly sat between his legs and rests her back on his chest. It surprised her how comfortable she felt. Seemingly, the warmth of Jin Guk's body enveloped her own. She felt so… safe.

"Now ladies I would like you to hold the ice cubes with one hand. Gentlemen, I would like you to hold on to your partner's free hand." Victoria said.

Jin Guk looked at Hye Mi cautiously. It seemed like he wanted to get permission before he held her hand. Hye Mi nodded. Gently he held her soft smooth hand. Electricity seem to shoot up her body. She also felt Jin Guk's hearbeat getting faster.

"Ladies do the deep breathing to help you with the pain. Gentlemen I would like you to repeat the phrase that I'll be saying and say it to your partners while looking at them intimately. This will be like your mantra to help your partner focus." Victoria said.

"You are a strong woman full of beauty and grace." She started saying the mantra.

Jin Guk and the other men followed. "You are a strong woman full of beauty and grace."

"I believe in you." She continued.

"I believe in you Hye Mi." Jin Guk said.

Hye Mi looked up to his eyes.

"I love you then say your partner's name." Victoria instructed them.

"I love you Go Hye Mi." Jin Guk said while looking intently at Hye Mi.

Hye Mi was stunned. She didn't notice she dropped the ice cubes.

Jin Guk picked up the ice cubes and placed it back on her palm which snapped her back to consciousness.

"Finally, say you can do this." Victoria said.

"You can do this!" Jin Guk said.

This time Hye Mi looked down she didn't want him to see she was blushing.

 

The class ended and everyone's in the locker area preparing their things.

Jin Guk walked over to Hye Mi. "Hey do you want lunch?" He asked her.

"Yup! I'm starving! You'll buy me lunch?" Hye Mi said excitedly.

"No you pay for your own meal. I already served you enough with the massages." Jin Guk snickered.

"Yah! Cheap-o! Fine. Let's eat in To Sok Chon!"  Hye Mi said still with much excitement.

 "Arasso!" Jin Guk said. 



Sorry for not being able to update in such a long time. I broke my laptop so I had to have it fixed. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's longer than my usual. :)

Thanks for the comments and subscriptions. :)