Broken Angel

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
From his window, he watched her. He watched over her, as if he is her guardian angel. Its been three days since Kit saw Jiro in the arms of another girl, and since then, he have been hearing her soft sobs. Though the glass windows and a space between their houses separates them, he could still here her cries at night. He watched her until she cry herself to sleep, and he continued to watch her as she sleeps. He leaned towards the glass window. He closed his eyes, feeling helpless. He wanted to be there for her, to comfort her, to hold her tight and tell her what a jerk Jiro have been and that she doesn't deserve him. He wanted to be there by her side to watch her sleep, for her turn to when she wanted to cry. He wanted to be there to tell her a joke, to make her smile, to keep her mind off their break up. He badly wanted to be there for her, but he couldn't. It was him who decided to end their friendship. It was her who decided to keep her distance from him. It was him who hurt her first. It was her who asked him to leave her alone. But he couldn't.

He couldn't bear seeing her like this. She was like a zombie. She's always in a daze. He felt as if nothings matters to her anymore, even her own life. He hated seeing her this way, and it's partly his fault that she's suffering. If only he didn't left her, she wouldn't have to suffer alone. He should be happy now that Jiro and Kit have broken up, but he's not for he knows how much Kit loved him. He knows Kit have loved Jiro since they were nine, and she have waited for him for long. She though she could spend the rest of his life with him, that their love is for keeps, but neither of them expected that Jiro would cheat on her just because of the truth. He's mad at Jiro. He's mad at him for breaking his heart. He wanted to confront him, to hurt him, but he couldn't because he's just as guilty as he is. He also hurt Kit the moment he found out the truth.

He opened his eyes and looked outside his window. He stared at the small figure that's curled up in her bed. A tear fell from her eyes as he watched her. She's so near, and yet so far. He wanted so much to be near her and let her feel how much he loves her, but he couldn't. “I love you, Kit...” he whispered. “I wish someday, I could let you know how I truly feel...”

--

Calvin stood by the glass window, as he watched the rain fall down. “Cal...” he heard a familiar voice said. He looked back and saw Chun walking up to him. “Thanks for coming...” he said as he smiled at him. “You should be. After all the things you've done to Kit, I really didn't want to talk to you. Especially because of what your girlfriend did to her...” Chun said. He folded his arms, and then, he leaned towards the window, facing Calvin. “What do you want to talk about?” he asked. “Kit...” Calvin said. Chun smirked at him, then he looked outside the window. “What do you want to know?”
“How... how is she?”
“She's doing great! Enjoying her life to the fullest as a single girl. She's having a blast and the time of her life!”

Calvin looked away from him. He could sense from the tone of his voice that he is mad at him for what he have done. “Seriously, Cal... I don't think it's any of your business anymore if Kit is like a walking zombie or not. You chose to end your friendship, so it means that you don't have to know everything that's happening in her life.” Chun said in a serious tone. “I want to know, Chun. I want to know...”
“Why? Are you feeling guilty now?”
“It was all my fault that's why she's like this. I... I shouldn't have left her. I know she's in pain... and I badly wanted to be there for her, but I can't. Because she asked me to stay away from her... she want me out of her life now...”

Chun softened upon hearing the hurt in his voice. “I... I never thought...” he said, shaking his head. “When a person is hurt, he tends to be angry. Too angry, that he says and do things that he will soon regret. You got mad because you thought she was playing around with you, when we know for a fact that she isn't. She got mad at you because you hurt her, and you were there when her heart was broken by Jiro. I know one day, things will be in place. Jut give it more time, and it will...” Chun said. “I am not expecting her to forgive me for everything. I can't bear seeing her broken. Chun, I want to be there for her... I really do. What can I do if she have shut me out of her life? I want to hold her, tell her everything's going to be all right, that I will just be here for her... always... loving her...”
“Then do it, Cal. You still have a chance, take it...”
Calvin shook his head. “I can't... not anymore...” he said in a low voice. “I love Kit. I really do. But now, I am still with Joy. Kit may have caused this chaos, she may have broken our hearts, and as much as I want to tell her how I feel, I can't. I'm still with Joy. She still believes that I still love her... and I can't break her heart anymore.” Chun just stared at him angrily. “Cal... for once, can you be true to yourself?” he asked. “It wish it could be done that easily, Chun. Things are more complicated now. Before, our promise only complicated the whole thing. Now, a lot of people have been involved. Just like Kit, all I can do is love her from afar, watch her until she comes back to her normal self. Maybe one day, I can tell her how much I love her, but that day will only come if she have learned to forgive me.”

Calvin walked towards his friend, and put his hand on his shoulder. “Chun... please do this favor for me...” he said. Chun nodded his head, and began to listen to him. “Kit needs someone to be there for her at this moment. Will you... will you and Danson take care of her for me? Can you also let me do small things for her secretly, to make her feel all right?” he asked. Chun smiled and nodded his head.

--

“Hey...” Danson said to Kit as he sat beside her. Kit did not look up at him, and continued reading her book. “Hey!” Danson shouted at her. Still, she remained unmoved. He noticed the earphones on her ear. He smiled to himself as he thought of a prank for her. He took the earphone from her ear, and shouted to her. “Hey!” he shouted. Kit flinched as he shouted. “Wei! Why should you shout in my ear!” she shouted at him as she hit his arm. Danson laughed at her reaction. “You weren't paying attention to me, that's why.” he said. Kit glared at him for a while before turning her attention to the book she's reading. Just then, Chun came with a tray of food, and put in on the table. “Chow time!” he said as he distributed their food. Danson noticed that he put a burger and an ice cream in front of Kit. “Chun, you forgot. Ms. Jin here is in a diet...” Danson said. He was about to grab her burger, but before he could touch it, Chun hit his hand. “That's for Kit, not yours!” he shouted at him. Kit looked at the two, and laughed. “It's OK, Chun. Danson, you can have my burger, I'm not hungry anyway.” she said. Danson looked at Chun, and then he took the burger, and unwrapped it. “See... I told you. Kit will give this to me anyway.” he said. Chun sighed and shook his head. “Kit, this is not right. You have to eat... you have another test coming up later...” he said in a worried tone. Just then, Kit heard her stomach grumble. “You're right...” she said in a low voice. She looked at Danson and saw him about to take a bite from her burger. Before he could take a bite, Kit immediately grabbed the burger from him. Danson was surprised at what she did, and as he looked at her, she saw her eating the burger. Danson smiled to himself, happy seeing Kit trying to get back to her old self.

Then, Danson eyed Chun, and he saw him smiling at him. Then, the two of them just watcher as she devoured the burger. “You seem really hungry, Kit. Want some more burger?” Danson asked. Kit looked at him and smiled as she nodded her head. Chun smiled at her. “I'll go order some more.” he said. Chun stood up from his seat and went to the counter to buy another burger. “I'm glad you're slowly going back to your old self, Kit.” Danson said to her. Kit just smiled at him. “I know it will take some time before I get used to this new found freedom, but hey, I still have you and Chun as my friends, right?” she asked. Danson nodded his head. “Of course. We're always here for you. Me, Chun and Hannah. You can always count on us. If you feel sad or depressed, you can always call on us so that you could let it out. I know the past few days have been hard for you, but I promise, we'll be here to help you move and let go.” he said. Kit looked down at his hand, and then she held it. “I can't thank you enough for all the things you've done for me. You have always been there for me, from the time Calvin and I fought because of Trixie, when you found out my secret and told me you'll keep it a secret... you were there when my heart was breaking because Calvin and Joy got together. You gave me and Jiro your blessings, you always advises me, and listens to me when I get confused with my feelings... and now, you're still here by my side even though the men I love left me. Thank you for being such a good friend, Danson.” she said in a low voice. “You are my friend, Kit. I know if I got in the same situation as you are in right now, you would also be there for me.” he said.

Just then, Chun came back and saw the two holding hands. The two looked up at him, and saw him wrinkling his brows. “What's this? Are you courting Kit again, Danson?” he asked. Danson laughed and shook his head. “Of course not! Why should I court her, I remain faithful to m lady love in Vienna.” he said. Kit laughed at what he said. “And I don't want to take Danson away from Hannah. Aside from you two, she's my remaining friend. I don't want to hurt her as well...” she said. Chun saw the smile on her face slowly fading. “Aiyo! Kit... don't be too serious. I was just kidding. Trying to lighten up the mood, you know...” he said. Kit just smiled at him. “Hey...” Chun said as he toks his seat. “Let's go out this weekend to unwind. I know the next few weeks would be really busy because of our finals. What do you say, Kit?” he asked. Kit nodded her head. “Count me in. How about you, Dan?” she asked Danson. Danson smiled and nodded his head. “Count me in as well.” he said.. Chun smiled at his two friends. As the two began to plans for their weekend, Chun threw a glance at Calvin, who was watching them from the other side of the cafeteria. He saw Calvin smile at him, before he turned to leave.

--

Kit was not feeling to well, and decided to go home early. As she entered her room, sadness fill her again. She looked at the window, which is just in front of Calvin's room, and at that moment, she started to miss her best friend. She remembered how he would always climb to her room using a long plank. He would always do that if he needed to talk to her immediately, or is he's too lazy to get out of their house. She remembered, the last time Calvin did that was when he got sick and he talked to her while she was sleeping. Then, she looked at her bed. She remembered when they were still kids, they would jump on her bed, and they would waltz around, pretending they were in a ball. She remembered the times they would play video games in her room, and the times they would lie down on the floor and talk about their dreams and future plans.

She wiped the tear from her cheek as she entered her room. She sat on her bed, and on her side table, she saw their high school graduation picture. She took to frame from the table and stared at it for a long time. From the picture, Calvin was happily smiling while he had his arm around her. It's been a long time since she last saw Calvin this happy, and she missed seeing him smile like that to her. “It's time for me to let you go, Calvin... this is for the best. I've hurt a lot of people because of you... and it's also breaking my heart. From now on, I will try to live a life without you...” she said. She traced her finger on his face, and let another tear fall from her eyes. “I don't hate you, Calvin... I don't... In fact... I still love you. I'm sorry for hurting you, for those hurtful words I've told you. I'm sorry if I ruined everything for us... I'm so sorry... I hope you can forgive me now that I'm doing this...” She reached for the drawer, and the put the picture frame inside it. She looked around the room, and then she decided to keep away all the things and memories that came from Calvin and Jiro.

She took two big boxes and began to keep away all the things inside her room that came from them. She took away the stuffed toys that they gave her, the little notes, her pictures with Jiro, her photo album which contains her and Calvin's picture. She took away the poster of her favorite anime character from her wall, which was given to her by Calvin. On her study table, she took all the sticky notes that came from him and some more pictures of her with Calvin and Jiro. She took a smaller box, and then put in the books and DVDs that she borrowed from Calvin, and was not able to return to him. After she kept those boxes in her closet, she looked around her room again. She found it clean, yet almost empty. Her room is like what she is feeling right now. Calvin have gone out of her life, leaving a big whole inside her heart.

“Kit...” she heard her mom call her. Kit looked back at her, and smiled. “Mom... can you do me a favor?” she asked. Her mom just nodded her head. She took the small box from her table and gave it to her. “Please tell Auntie Chen to give this to Calvin. Please tell her to tell Calvin that I'm sorry for not returning them sooner.” she said. Mrs. Jin took the box from her, and looked into her daughter's eyes. “Katherine... are you really sure you want to shut Calvin out of your life? Maybe this is just a petty fight, you kids should make up...” she said. Kit smiled faintly and shook her head. “No, mom... this is not a petty fight anymore. We're no longer kids... We don't fight over a candy or a toy, or cry over skinned knees anymore... we're grown ups now. We have hurt each other, and we have broken each other's hearts. We said cruel words, which we regret in the end. Maybe we have outgrown each other, and its time for us to be separated after several years of being together...” she said in a low voice. “Katherine... are you sure you want to do this? If you love him, then you should fight for what you feel.” Mrs. Jin said. Kit shook her head again. “I've been fighting for my love for so long, and I grew tired of it. It's about time that I rest my battered heart for a while, mom.” she said. Mrs. Jin sighed, and then nodded her head. “If you really want to do this, then I won't get in your way. It's just a pity that you two have to throw away years of friendship just like that. But, if this would make you two a better person, then let it be.” she said. Kit gave her mom a hug before she left her room.

--

Calvin turned the lights on in his room, and on his bed, he saw a small box. He walked towards his bed and took the box. He opened it, and saw the books and DVDs that Kit borrowed before. “She said she's sorry that she was only able to return these things to you. Most of all, she says she's sorry for all the things she've done.” he heard his mom say. He looked back, and saw his mom enter his room. “Calvin, what's going on between you and Kit? I know the two of you had fights, but you guys would make up after a few days...” she asked. Calvin took a deep breath, and then sat on his bed. “I... I don't know what happened to us anymore...” he said in a low voice. He stared at the contents of the box for a long time. “Did... did Kit... she came here?” he asked. His mom shook her head. “Joanne came and gave me that box. She said Kit was cleaning up her room, and she gave this box to her and tell her to give it to you.” Mrs. Chen said. He continued to stare at the the box. “She have decided to forget about me... and I couldn't even let her go...” he thought.

He felt his mom sat beside him. He looked up at her, and saw her smiling at him. “Ever since you two were kids, you're the one who would make her smile. You would protect her, you would defend her from those bullies. You have always been by her side. At the same time, you are the one who would make her cry. Calvin, what did you do this time that made her cry?” she asked. “Mom... she broke our promise... and... and I got mad at her for that...” he said in a low voice. “Didn't you realize that you also broke your promises to her? You weren't there on her birthday. I remember, when you were kids, you promised her that you will give her your lucky coin, but in the end you gave it to another girl. But despite of it all, she forgave you. Can't you forgive her for breaking her promise to you?” she asked. Calvin fell silent, and was not able to answer his mom's question. “I... I think I should forgive her...” he said in a low voice. Then, he looked at her sadly. “But mom, I... I've hurt her too much. I know she could not forgive me anymore. I... I don't know what to do...” he said as he shook his head. “Mom, I've hurt her so much... I broke her heart. All the things I've done to her, it's unforgivable. If she is willing to give me another chance, then she wouldn't return these stuffs to me. Mom, I don't want to lose her... “ he said in a sad tone. “Son, you know what to do. Be man enough to admit that you are wrong. Maybe you have to give her more time before she could forgive you, but trust me, everything will be fine between the two of you after you talked.”

--

Saturday came.

“No peeking, OK?” Chun said as he covered Kit's eyes. “Aiyo, Chun! How can I peek, you're covering my eyes. And besides, aren't you worried I might miss a step or something?” Kit said in an irritated tone. Danson took her hand and lead the way. “Just hold on to me, and you'll be OK.” Danson said. Then, they stopped walking. “Ready for our surprise?” Chun asked. “Fine. I'm ready...” Kit said. Then, Chun took his hands off Kit's eyes, and as Kit opened her eyes, she was surprised to see herself standing in front of the amusement park. This is the same amusement park where Calvin was supposed to take her on her birthday, and where she and Jiro had their first date. “Oh...” she said in a low voice. Danson looked at Kit, and saw the excitement in her face disappear. Then, he glared at Chun. “Aiyo, Chun. I told you it's not a good idea to bring Kit here at the amusement park!” Danson shouted at him. Chun just scratched his head. “But why? It's fun here...” he said. Kit looked at Chun and smiled. “You're right. It's really fun here, Chun...” she said, smiling at him. Then, she looked at Danson and smiled. “Don't worry, Danson. It's OK. I'm glad you guys took me out here.” she said. Danson looked at her worriedly. He knows she was trying to be happy in front of them, but he knows that deep inside her heart, she's sad because of her memories here at the amusement park. “Kit...” he said in a low voice. Then, Kit held Chun and Danson's hand, and looked up at them, forcing a smile on her face. “Shall we go inside? I want to have fun today!” she said in a cheery tone. Chun looked at her and smiled, then he nodded his head. He lifted his free hand and then pointed to the park's entrance. “To the amusement park!” he shouted. Then, all of them ran inside.

The three first rode the roller coaster, then they rode the ferris wheel, and then the anchor's away. After a while, she excused herself the two guys, who then went and played paint ball. She walked through the crowd, and before she knew it, her feet have brought her in front of the carousel. She looked at it for a long time, and then she remembered the time that she and Jiro where here at the park. She remembered that time they made a bet in front of the carousel, that it would light up in ten seconds. If the carousel would light up, she have to kiss Jiro, but if not, he will give her a piggy back ride. She could still remember that day, Jiro was praying hard for the carousel to light up in ten seconds. She was trying not to laugh as she noticed the beads of sweat falling from his forehead. After ten seconds, the carousel lighted up. She gave Jiro his prize, and in the end, Jiro gave her a piggyback ride to the carousel.

She found herself sitting on one of the horses of the carousel. After a while, it began to move and span slowly. She leaned over the pole, and let a tear fall from her eyes. It seems like yesterday, she was riding in this carousel with Jiro. He was holding her hand, and was smiling happily at her. It seems like yesterday when they were both in love with each other. When she found him, she wore to herself that she will love him, and that she will forget her feelings for Calvin. But forgetting her love for Calvin is not as easy as it seems. In the end, Calvin found out that she was the paper crane girl. Calvin left her, and the man who loved her left her as well because he could not accept the fact that there is someone else in her heart aside from him.

Calvin found himself in front of the carousel. He walked towards the rail, and watched as it spins slowly. His eyes caught the lonely figure of Kit sitting in one of the horses. Upon seeing her, Calvin moved and followed her. She was in her deep thoughts that she was not able to see him. “Kit...” he said in a low voice. At that moment, he saw how broken she is, and it was all because of him. He could see how much he have hurt her, and he's blaming herself for what happened to her. The ride stopped, and everyone got out of the carousel. Calvin saw that Kit was the last one who got off of the carousel. As he made his step towards her, Chun and Danson came to her. “Kit, we've been looking for you!” he heard Danson said in a worried tone. “Sorry... I wanted to ride the carousel...” she said in a low voice. “You seemed tired. Do you want to go home?” Danson asked. Calvin saw her nod her head. Danson took Kit by the hand, and lead her away from the carousel.

Meanwhile, Chun saw him. “You had your chance, why didn't you talk to her?” he said as he walked towards her. Calvin just shook his head. “Have you seen her, Chun. She was broken, and it was because of me. I don't have the guts to walk over her, and face her. It's all my fault... my fault that she have been like this. If it wasn't for Joy, Jiro wouldn't cheat on her, and break up with her.” he said. Chun let out a sigh as he shook his head. “Kit was worse than this during the first few days, according to Danson. At least now, she's smiling although it's a forced one. She's trying to put a brave front for us her friends, because she doesn't want us to worry about her anymore. She admits she's wrong, that she have hurt all of us. I think she have forgiven you, but I don't think she have forgiven herself.” Chun said. Calvin just nodded his head. “I'll keep my distance from now on. But, I'll continue to watch her from afar. Take care of her, Chun. Take care of her for me.”

--

The loud music deafened her, and the crowd sways with the music. The laser light seems to blind her, but she doesn't care. She closed her eyes as she danced her way through the crowd of strangers. “Why did we ever agreed to what she wanted?” Danson said as he shook his head. He and Chun were sitting at the bar as they watched Kit dance on the floor. He looked at the guy beside him, and saw him dancing in his place as well. He took a deep breath, then smacked him in the head. “Wei! What's that for?” Chun asked. Danson pointed at Kit, who was dancing with two guys. “Help me get her out of here. She's drunk and obviously, those two guys are taking advantage of her.” Danson said. Chun looked at Danson and smiled at him. “Look, Dannie boy. It was my idea that we take Kit out. It was your idea that we bring her to the amusement park, and unfortunately, she wasn't able to enjoy our little trip. Kit asked us to take her here so that she could have a little fun, so let her have fun, OK?” Chun said. Danson gave him a death glare. “Get. Kit. Out. Of the dance floor. Now.” he said. Chun sighed again, and then followed his order.

Chun was able to manage to pull Kit in between the two guys she was dancing with, all though he could sense how mad they are at him. “OK, Kitty Cat... time to go home.” Chun whispered to her. Kit just laughed at what he said. “No... don't want to go home yet...” she slurred. Chun looked at her, and saw how red and drunk she is. “Kitty Cat, be a good girl, and let's go home, all right?” Chun said again. Kit shook her head violently. “No! Don't want to go home. This is more fun... I want to have fun!” she slurred again. As soon as they reached the bar, Danson helped her to her seat. “I told you we shouldn't have agreed to her idea to go here at the club.” he told Chun. “Don't blame me! You also agreed to her!” Chun said. When they looked at Kit, she holding another glass of wine. Danson got alert, and tried to take away the glass from her. “No, Kit... you had enough!” he said to her. “Give it back!” Kit said, reaching for the glass. “Look how drunk you are. We can't bring you home in this condition, Kit.” Danson said. Before he knew it, Kit ordered another glass of wine, and gulped it down before he could take away the glass from her. “OK, that's it. That will be your last drink. Come on, we'll bring you home...” Danson said. Chun helped Kit to stand up, and then he and Danson carried her out of the club.

As they headed to the parking lot, a car stopped in front of them. They saw Calvin got out of the car. “What are you doing here?” Danson said, glaring at him. Chun looked guiltily at Danson. “I... I called him, Danson...” Chun said. Danson could not believe what he said. “What? Why did you have to call him? He is the reason why Kit is like this! We don't need him to take care of Kit.” he shouted at him. Chun looked away from his friend, not knowing how to explain his actions. “Danson... don't be mad at Chun. I asked him to call me if something bad happens to Kit.” Calvin said. Danson looked at him, and smirked. “So, you're now playing the part of a good best friend now, huh?” he snapped at him. Calvin did not dare to answer him back. “I'll take Kit home...” he said, trying to get Kit from them. Before he could touch her, Danson slapped his hand away from her. “Don't touch her. We are responsible for Kit now, and we will bring her home.” Danson said in a firm tone. Calvin smirked at him, and then he folded his arms. “Fine. Take her home. Tell me, Danson... how would you explain to Aunt Joanne why her daughter got drunk. For sure, she'll think that you and Chun are a bad influence on her. While if I take her home, Aunt Joanne won't question me about what happened to her. So, choose. Take her home, and face Aunt Joanne's punishment of not showing your shadows again at the Jin household, or leave her to me and you'll still be angels in Aunt Joanne's eyes.” Calvin said.

Danson and Chun looked at each other for a while, then looked back at him. “We chose option number 2.” Chun said. Danson was surprised at his answer. “Chun! It wasn't my answer!” Danson shouted at him. Before he could further react, Chun gave Kit to Calvin. Kit put her hands around Calvin's neck, and looked up at him. “Who are you?” she slurred. Calvin looked at her, and then brushed the hair away from her face. “Fine, you won, Calvin Chen. We expect that you bring her home safe and sound. But I swear, this will be the last time I will let you get near her.” Danson said. He watched as the two leave him with Kit. Then, he looked at Kit again. “Who are you? You are not that stupid Calvin Chen, right?” she said again. Calvin smiled at her, and shook her head. “No, I am not Calvin Chen...” he lied. Then, Kit smiled at him. “Good. Because if you are, I will beat you till you're black and blue...” Calvin was getting amused at her drunk friend. It was also a good thing that she was too drunk, and was not able to recognize him. “Do you hate that Calvin Chen too much that you want to beat him?” he asked. Kit nodded her head. “That stupid guy. He's very very stupid. Not just stupid... he's bad. He left me and ended our friendship just because he found out I am in love with him. Stupid him... I am choosing our friendship over my love for him because... because I don't want to lose him... I chose our friendship because... because... I love him too much that... that losing him is like losing my life... I chose to love him secretly and continue to be friend with him... and though I try to forget my feelings for him, I just can't...” she said. Calvin fell silent upon hearing what she said. He could not believe that the reason why she chose their friendship is because she loves him too much. “And that Jay? That stupid Jiro Wang? Who does he think he is?! Why did he cheat on me? Calvin left me... then I decided to give all of my love to him...but that ugly Celestine... stupid him... Wasn't it enough prove that I love him when I asked him to marry me sooner? And he did that because he thought I cheated on him. I did not! As if Calvin and I are romantically involved... I did not cheat... and that Joy? I didn't know Jiro was Jay! It wasn't my fault he broke up with her... and that Calvin... stupid Calvin... he even stole my idea of a perfect date so that stupid Joy would tell him that she loves him... they are all stupid...” she said.

Calvin looked at her again. She closed her eyes, and rested her head on his shoulder. “Do... do you still love Calvin?” he asked. He felt Kit nodded her head. “I love him... I still love him...” she said in a low voice. Calvin smiled to himself upon hearing her answer. “So, she still loves me...” he thought. He looked at her again, and saw him staring at her. “You know what... mister... you looked like him... a lot like him...” she said. “Who, Jiro?” he asked. Kit smiled and shook her head. “You looked like Calvin...” she said. Then, she reached for his cheek and gently touched it. Using her hand, she pulled Calvin's head, and then gave him a long kiss. Calvin's eyes widened with shock at her kiss, but as her kiss got deeper, he closed his eyes, and kissed her back. Then, he felt Kit took her lips away from him. She looked at him lovingly, and smiled. “I love you, Calvin...” she whispered. He opened his mouth to speak, but before any words could come out, Kit puked on him.

--

He opened the door of her room, and as he reached her bed, he carefully laid her. After he tucked her in, Calvin sat beside her, watching her as she sleeps peacefully. He brushed the hair on his face, and gently caressed her cheeks. “Kit...” he began. “I know, tomorrow, you will soon forget all the things you've done tonight. You always does whenever you're drunk... but I want you to know that I will never forget this night. I will never forget how you admitted that you still love me. I will never forget your kiss. I will never forget those three words that you told me... because you know what, it's the same thing that I wanted to tell you for so long...” He paused, and leaned closer to her face. “I'm sorry for all the things I have done. I'm sorry that it was partly my fault that you and Jiro broke up. I'm sorry if I have hurt in the past, and if I broke your heart. God knows, you're the last person I want to be hurt. Im sorry if Joy did every way she could to get back at you. I regret those cruel words I said to you. I regret ending our friendship. I need you, Kit... I need you and I miss you... and most of all, I love you Kit. I love you... I wanted to be with you, but like you, I couldn't bear to hurt another's heart because of my love for you. Please forgive me for not being strong enough to admit my true feelings for you, because between you and I, I was the first one who broke that promise. I hope one day, you could forgive me for everything...”

Calvin closed his eyes, and then leaned to her. As he kissed her for the last time on her lips, a tear fell down from his eyes. He stared at her face for a long time, as if memorizing her face. “I love you... I hope one day, I could tell this to you. When you're not drunk, when you're not asleep. I love you, Kit. I really do...” he whispered to her. He stood up from her bed, and then went out of her room. As Calvin closed the door behind her, Kit slowly opened her eyes. A teat also fell from her eyes as she looked at the door. “I love you too, Calvin...” she whispered. “It's just too bad that we can't be together...”