First Love

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
Chun shook his head after hearing what Kit told him that afternoon. “This is getting more complicated...” he said. Kit gave him a confused look. “What do you mean?” she asked. Chun sighed as he faced her. “It's enough that you have fallen in love with your best friend. It doesn't help that of all people, you have to be Jiro's first love...” he said. Kit paused and then she lowered her head. Chun is right. She's making the situation a lot more complicated. “It is my fault...” she said in a low voice. “I... I didn't mean to ruin everything, especially Joy and Jiro's relationship...” Chun walked towards her, and then put his hand on her shoulder. “I am not blaming you for anything, Kit. It's just that, the situation is getting out of hand. You are the reason why Jiro broke up with Joy, because he have always loved you. He could not love Joy because of you. He thought he would make things better by breaking up with Joy, and then letting go of his past... but things isn't turning up the way it should be...” he said. Kit looked up at him. She doesn't know what to do next to make things right. “But tell me honestly, Kit...” she heard Chun say. “Do you really love Jiro?”

--

“You said... it's about time for me to give other people a chance to love me...”

--

It was sunset, and Jiro and Kit were still by the beach, seating at a long log with blanket over them. Beneath the blanket, Jiro have his arm around her, and Kit rested her head onto his shoulder. He looked at her and smiled, and then he planted a kiss on her cheek. He never thought that this day would finally come, that he would be able to hold Tin into his arms. He felt contented and happy now that Tin is with him. Kit looked up at Jiro, and then smiled at him. “What are you thinking, Jay?” she asked. “I'm thinking how lucky I am to find you again, Tin...” he said. He took a deep breath and then gazed into the sea. “Before, I thought we would never see each other again. I tried to forget you but I just can't. I thought I would be able to love another, in the same way that I have loved you, but I was wrong... because only you holds the key to my heart...” he said. Then, he looked at her again. “I loved you since that day that you saved me. I loved you the moment that I opened my eyes and saw your face. It saddened me when I had to leave you... and it hurt me most when I couldn't come back for you...” he whispered. Kit snuggled up close to him, and then smiled faintly. “I knew that moment when you smiled at me that I have found my prince... and I fell in love with that prince...” she said as she looked up at him. Jiro leaned to her, and kissed her lips again. “I... I'm not yet too late, am I?” he asked. Kit looked up at him, confused at his question. “Danson... you and him...” he said. Kit smiled and shook his head. “Danson is only a friend, Jay.”
“But I know that he likes you...”
Kit nodded her head. “He does.. but I can only see Danson as a friend.” she said. “But he is courting you, right?” Jiro asked. Kit nodded her head. “I told him from the start that I can only love him as a friend, and he understands that...” she said. Jiro sighed with relief as he pulled her close to him again. “I just don't want him to be mad at me... especially now that we're together...” he said.

Kit just sighed at what he said. She thought, maybe Jiro came a little too late. She have fallen in love with her best friend, and have almost forgotten all about him. She knows in her heart that Jiro will always be the first guy she have fallen in love with. Maybe Jiro came just in time. Now that she have found him, she have decided to move on. Maybe God gave Jay back to him so that she wouldn't suffer anymore. Maybe God brought him back to her so that she could feel the love that she deserves. There is this little space in her heart for Jay, and she's willing to give him a chance to love her. But what scared her most, is the fact that she is the reason why Jiro broke up with Joy. Although she considers Joy as her rival, she is still her close friend. She doesn't know how she would react if she found out that she is Jiro's first love – the girl whom Jiro couldn't forget.

“What are you thinking?” she heard Jiro asked. “I'm thinking of everything that could happen now...” she said. “Are you scared?” he asked. Kit slowly nodded her head. “I'm scared of what will happen tomorrow... what if we finally wake up and find that everything is just a dream? What if we realized that we don't love each other anymore?” she said. Jiro just gave her an assuring smile. “I am sure of what I feel for you, Tin. I am more sure that I love you more than anything else.” he said. “What... what about Joy?” she asked. Jiro paused, and then looked away from her. “She... she's with Calvin now...” he said. Kit glanced at him, and saw a faint smiled form onto his lips. “I can see that she is happy with him... so it's better that way.” he continued. Then, he looked at her and smiled. “I am with you now, Tin. This is all I ever wanted. You're all I ever wanted.” he said. Kit smiled at him, and then rest her head onto his shoulder again. At the back of her mind, she is still having second thoughts. Should she risk being with Jiro, even if it would hurt her friend?

--

“I'll drive you home...” she heard Jiro sid as he walked her to her car. Kit looked at him, and then laughed. “What?” he asked. Confusion is registered in his face. “Jay, I brought my car. How can you drive me home?” she said. “Then... I'll follow you to your house. At least that way, I was able to drive you home.” he said. Kit smiled and then shook her head as she looked at him. “What?” he asked in a confused tone. She found him quite amusing, especially when he's all confused. “Nothing... I jut find you cute... and sweet...” she said. Jiro blushed at what she said, which made Kit more amused. “Awww...” he teased. Then, he walked over her, and the pinched her on the nose. Kit could only laugh at him. She smiled at him for a long time, and then she gave him a hug. “I... I'm going to miss you...” she said in a low voice. Jiro took a deep breath and hugged her tight. “I'm going to miss you tonight...” he said. Then, he released her and looked into her eyes. “Tin... I love you. Always remember that.” he said. Kit smiled and nodded his head. “I... I love you too, Jay...” she said. Then, she hugged him again.

At the thought of their love, she suddenly became weak. She was once again filled with worry. “Tin...” she heard him say. Kit looked up at him. “I could feel something's bothering you...” he said. Kit slowly nodded her head. “A-about us...” she said. Jiro gave her a worried look. “Don't you want us to be together?” he asked. Kit smiled and shook her head. “It's not like that, Jay. I... I want us to be together but...” she paused and then looked up at him. “But what about Joy?” she asked. Jiro put his hands down, and then sighed as he looked up. “W-what about her?” he asked. “If Joy finds out that I am Tin... she... she might get mad...” she replied. She held his hand, and then looked into his eyes again. “Jay... she is my best friend's girlfriend... and I don't want to do anything that will make him mad at me. I hope you understand me, Jiro...” she said. Jiro sighed again and then nodded his head. He understands that her friendship with Calvin is very important to her. “I understand, Tin. So what do you suggest that we do?” he asked. “Would it be OK if we keep this thing first? Until we find a way to tell them about us...” she said. Jiro just nodded his head. “If you think it's for the best, then I agree.” he said. Kit smiled at him, and then gave him another hug.

“Wait...” she heard Jiro say as he let go of her again. “Does this mean that I'm your boyfriend now, and you're my girlfriend now?” he asked. “That soon? Aren't you going to court me or something... to prove that you love me?” Kit asked. “I've waited 10 years for you, Tin. Do I have to woo you?” he asked. Kit folded her arms and pouted at him. “Wei... I'm not easy to get, Jiro Wang!” she said in an angry tone. Jiro just laughed at her reaction. He put his arms around her, and then held her tight. “Just say that you'll be mine, and I'll woo you for the rest of my life...” As he see the smile on her face, Jiro smiled and then kissed her on the cheek.

--

“It's just that I'm getting worried. It's unlikely of her not to return my calls or even reply to me messages on MSN. I don't know if she's mad at me or something happened to her...” Danson said to Kit as they were walking through the hall. Ever since they met at school that morning, Danson has been talking nonstop about Hannah, being worried about her. “Maybe Hannah's just busy that's why she wasn't able to answer your call...” she said to him. Danson sighed and shook his head. “If she's busy, she would answer my call and tell me so. She would even leave an offline message saying she's busy. Kit... It's been almost two weeks and I haven't heard from her!” he said in a frustrated tone. Kit looked at him, confused at the way he was acting. “Did you ask Auntie Tan about Hannah?” she asked. Danson nodded his head. “She told me Hannah haven't called her as well.”
“See, you're just being paranoid, Dan. Nothing to worry about...”
“But still... I'm worried that something happened to her in Vienna, or it's something that I said the last time... God, if I haven't heard from her within the week, I swear I'll be on that plane going to Vienna...”

Kit just laughed at Danson. She have never seen him worried this much, especially to her. She's already thinking that he have fallen for Hannah already. Not that she's jealous, but rather, she is happy if Danson finally realized his feelings for Hannah. Another reason why she can't give him a chance is because she could sense that Danson have already developed feelings for Hannah, and Hannah have fallen for him as well. The only thing that she hates about the two is that they are too stubborn to admit their feelings for one another, saying that they only see each others as friends although they are already too obvious. “What did you say to Hannah the last time that you talked to her?” she asked. “I told her that I...” Danson paused, hesitating to tell her their last conversation where he told Hannah that he have a crush on her, and made it look like a joke. “Hannah couldn't possibly take that seriously, right?” he thought. “What did you say to her?” Kit asked again. “I... I just asked her to find me a hot Austrian girlfriend. Then she got mad.” he said. After hearing what he said, Kit laughed at him, which made him more confused. “If I were Hannah, I would mad at you for saying those things.” she said. Danson threw another confused look at her, and then their conversation was interrupted by Chun shouting.

“Kitty Cat! Dannie Boy!” Chun shouted at him. He was running towards them, and behind him, they saw Jiro following him. As Kit looked at his direction, Jiro smiled at her. She felt herself blushing as he smiled her way. “Chun, can you stop calling us petnames? It's so gay.” Danson said to Chun in an annoyed tone. “Wei, don't be mad, Dannie boy!” Chun said as he pinched his cheeks. Danson just became more irritated at him. “Hey, don't be annoyed now, Danson...” Kit said. Then, she looked at Chun and Jiro. “He's not in the mood because Hannah hasn't been returning his calls yet...” she explained to them. Before Chun could say anything, Danson glared at him. “Shut up.” he said. The three just laughed at him. “By the way, where are you guys going?” Jiro asked. “Library. We need to make some research for our assignment.” Danson said. “Great! Chun and I are going to the library too.” Jiro said, eying on Kit. Chun looked up at Jiro, confused at what he said. “Wei, I thought you'll treat me for some oyster omelet?” he asked. Jiro glared at Chun, but he smiled at him. “We are going to the library, remember? We have a research too...” Jiro said to him.

Kit was trying her best not to laugh. She knows her boyfriend is just making an excuse so that he could spend more time with her. “Fine. We'll go with them at the library...” Chun said, pouting at him. Danson laughed at the way Chun reacted, then he looked at Jiro. “By the way, Jiro... welcome back.” he said. Jiro just smiled at him and nodded his head. Danson and Chun went on their way to the library, leaving Jiro and Kit behind. “You're making a lame excuse just to be with me.” Kit said, smiling at him. Jiro smiled at Kit, and put his arm around her. “Of course.” he said. “I won't let Danson be left alone with my girl...” he said as he looked at her. Kit was laughing hard at him.

--

At the library...

Kit was sitting beside Jiro. In front of them are Danson and Chun. As Kit was busy taking down notes, Jiro just kept on looking at her. Kit glanced at him for a while, and saw him smiling at her. Then, she slowly slid down her free hand, and as she let it down, Jiro secretly took her hand. Kit smiled as she glanced at him again. Then, she looked at Danson and Chun who were busily taking down notes. What Kit didn't know is that Chun noticed something different between the two. “There's something fishy going on between these two guys...” he thought. Then, he eyed on Danson, who is concentrating on taking down notes. He sighed as he took his pen, and as he was taking down notes, an evil idea came into his head. He smiled secretly, and then let his pen slid down the floor. He stood up from his seat, and then knelt down to get his pen. As he peeked under the table, he saw Jiro and Kit holding hands. Chun was surprised at what he saw. “What the...” he thought. He was confused as why would the two hold hands. “Are they together?” he thought again. He slowly stood up, and then went back to his seat. He observed the two, and he noticed the way Jiro looks at Kit. It's like they have this little secret, that they are too careful not to let them know what their secret is. But whatever their secret is, he already suspects what is it – Jiro and Kit are finally together.

“Ummm... Kit...” he called. Kit looked up at him. “C-can you accompany me to the cafeteria. I need to buy something...” Chun said. Kit looked up at Jiro, and as he nodded his head, she turned to him. “OK.” she said. As soon as they left the library, Chun took Kit to an empty room. “Wei.. I thought you need to go to the cafeteria?” she asked. Chun turned to him, and then held her on her shoulder. “Tell me the truth, Kit... are you and Jiro together now?” he asked. Kit was surprised at his question, as she never thought that he would notice. She turned her gave away from him and then sighed. “Yes...” she said. Then, she heard Chun sigh. He was quite confused as to why Kit and Jiro got together. “Unless...” he thought. A thought have hit him. “Kit... are you Tin?” he asked again. This time, Kit nodded her head.

--

“Do you think Kit is acting weird lately...” Calvin asked Joy, who was busy reading a book. Joy looked up at him, confused at what he said. “Is there something wrong?” she asked. Calvin just shrugged his shoulder. “I don't know. Lately, she doesn't go home on time. I can't even reach her on the phone. When I try to talk to her, it seems that she's always in a hurry.” Calvin said. “Maybe it's Danson. Maybe they are together now...” Joy said. But Calvin could only shake his head.. “Well, Danson seems as little frustrated lately. He easily gets pissed off... I don't think he and Kit got together...”
“Maybe they had a fight...”
“But I still see them hanging around. If they fought, I should not see them together. If they are together, Danson won't be in a bad mood.”

Joy closed her book, and the looked up at Calvin and smiled. “If you want to know why, why don't you just confront the two. It's better that way that you wondering what happened between them.” she said. “How can I talk to Kit if she's always in a hurry.” he asked her. “Then corner her. You two are neighbors, you can always corner her if you want to.” he said. Calvin scratched his chin, then looked at Joy, smiling. “I know what to do now. I'm so lucky to have a smart girlfriend like you.” he said. Joy raised an eyebrow at him. “Wei, if I'm smart then I wouldn't have answered you...” she said. Calvin pouted at what she said, but Joy just laughed at him. Then, Calvin began to tickle her at her side.

--

“I'll see you later.. I miss you too... I love you...” Kit said before ending the call. As she turned around, she saw Calvin standing by their gate. “Hey, Cal!” she said. Calvin waved at her and smiled. She rushed to the gate and opened it to let Calvin inside the house. “So what brings you here. Don't you have a date with Joy or something?” she asked. “Do I always have to be Joy all the time? Can't I hang out with my best friend once in a while?” he joked. Kit just laughed at what he said. “Wrong timing. I'll be going out in a while.” she said to him. Then, she walked back inside the house, and Calvin followed her. “Do you have a date?” he asked. Kit looked at him and nodded her head. “I have a date.” she said, smiling at him. “Oh... and who is this date? Is this Danson?” he asked again. Kit shook her head. “Someone. That you don't know.” she said. Calvin sighed and shook hi head. “Kit, you can't possibly go out with someone I don't know. What if something happened to you on your date?”
“Nothing will happen, Cal. I trust this guy...”
“But I don't!”

Kit sighed as she crossed her arms. “Why do I have to seek your approval first before I go on a date. I have never done that to you, Cal...” she said. “I'm just concerned about you, Kit.” Kit wrinkled her forehead as she glared at him. “Concerned? Cal, I don't need your concern. I just want you to let me do the things I want to do, and be happy for me. And Cal, may I remind you that you are not my brother to act like this. If mom and dad allowed me to go out, why can't you?” she said. Calvin sighed as he listened to her. He doesn't even know for himself why he is acting this way. He's being too overprotective of Kit, because of what had happened before. “I... I just don't want you to be in trouble, Kit...” he said in a low voice. “Cal.. you have to accept that I can take care of myself. If I get in any trouble, it will all be my fault. You just have to trust me...” she said in a more calm tone. Calvin looked up at her, hurt at what she said. It seems to him that Kit doesn't need him anymore. “I trust that, Kit... then why can't you tell me who your date is?” he asked. Kit paused, and then looked away, unable to answer his question. She couldn't let Calvin know that her date is Jiro. “You... you'll know who he is in the future, Cal. Just... just don't ask anymore questions...” she said. She turned her back on him and then headed inside the house.

“Is it Jay? Have you found Jay?” she heard Calvin asked. Kit paused again. Then, she turned to face him again. “Cal... what would you do if I said yes?” she asked. Calvin was surprised at her question. He swallowed hard, and as he opened his mouth to speak, it seems that words got stuck in hi throat. What if it is really Jay? He asked himself that question. All of a sudden, he became jealous at that thought. “What if I couldn't tell you that it's Jay because I know you won't approve of him?” Kit asked again. “That guy...” he said. “He left you ten years ago and kept you waiting. Why are you giving him a chance to be with you?” Calvin asked. Kit walked towards him and then looked into his eyes. She could see how mad he is, and she wanted to think he is mad because he is jealous of Jay. “Because, Calvin...” she said. “everyone deserves a chance to be loved by someone.” Kit looked down and held his hand. “I just don't want you to be hurt again, Kit. I've seen you at your worse. I've seen you cry because of Jay. I can't bear seeing you cry again because of him.” he said in a low voice. Kit looked up at him. She shook at her and smiled at him. “I've been hurt before, and I'm stronger now. Besides... you will always be there for me, right?” she said. Calvin smiled and nodded his head. “Well... whoever this guy is. If he is Jay, I hope he would take care of you... or else...” he said. Kit nodded her head. Then, Calvin held her cheeks, and then gave her a kiss on the forehead. He looked at her and smiled. “Good luck on your date...” he said. As he turned to leave, his steps became more heavy. As heavy as the feeling he have in his heart. He doesn't know why, but it seems that he is scared, and that he is bound to lose Kit. He know he should be happy for her, because she found someone to love, but he can't help but be jealous.

--

Jiro looked at his watch as he waited for Kit. He stood in front of the amusement park, and he looked around for any sings of her. “Jay!” he heard someone call him. Jiro smiled to himself, and then as he turned around, he saw Kit walking towards him. “Tin...” he said. He smiled at her as soon as she is beside her. “Did I made you wait?” she asked. Jiro shook his head. “You're worth the wait...” he said. He put his arm around her, and then gazed at the park's entrance. “This is our first official date...” he said. Then, he looked at her. “If only I knew that you were Tin during your birthday, I wouldn't have let you spend you birthday alone here, waiting for Calvin...” he said. “Wei... it's already in the past, and I have forgiven Calvin for that.” she said. Jiro looked at her and then held her hand. “Still, I missed another chance to be with you that time. When I found you in the rain that day, you were feverish and kept on calling Calvin, asking him not to leave. And then I heard you call my name. I should have known that moment that you were the one I was looking for...” he said. “Aiyo, stop reminiscing the past, Jay. What matters most now is that we have each other, right?” she said. Jiro smiled and nodded his head. “So...” he said. “shall we start our date?” Kit smiled and nodded her head. Together, they walked inside the amusement park.

The first rode the roller coaster. All throughout the ride, Jiro held Kit's hand, thinking that she was scared. After that two-minute ride, he was surprised to see Kit have enjoyed it, while the ride scared the hell out of him. Kit smiled at him, and then she laughed at his scared expression. “This is fun! Let's do this again!” she said. Jiro gave her a bewildered look, and kit just laughed at him. “Just kidding, let's go and pick another ride.” she said. Next, they rode the horror train. This time, Kit got scared, and she held on to Jiro and buried her face so as not to see the scary mannequins that were popping up along the way. Jiro took advantage of her being scared, and held her as close to him as possible. “Wei... you're taking advantage of me!” Kit said as the rided ended,. She frowned at him, and hit his arm. Jiro just laughed at her. “You should have seen your face a while ago. You were as pale as the ghost back there.” he said. “Then you should've seen how scared you were at the roller coaster.” she said. She folded her arms, and acted as if she was mad at him. Jiro smiled and then, he began to tickle her sides. After a while, Kit couldn't help but smile at him. “Aiyo, don't be mad at me anymore. Promise, I won't take advantage of you being scared anymore...” he said. Kit looked at him and smiled. “That's too bad...” she said, then she winked at him. She walked away, leaving the stunned Jiro behind.

They rode the 'Anchor's Away', Vortex, and Jungle log, before they realized that both of them were starving already. “What do you want to eat?” Jiro asked her. Kit looked at the food stalls, and then shrugged her shoulder. “I don't know... what do you want to eat?” she asked. “Cotton candy?” he said. Kit burst out laughing upon hearing his answer. “Cotton candy? And I thought you're starving?” she said. “I'm on a diet.” he said. Kit just laughed at him. And so, they bought a big cotton candy and shared it. Kit fooled around by getting a small piece from the cotton candy and then stuck it on Jiro's face. Jiro tried to get back at her by trying to stick a piece of the cotton candy on her face as well. After finishing the cotton candy, they realized that they are still hungry, so they bought a hotdog sandwich on one of the stalls.

“So where do you want to ride next?” Jiro asked as they were strolling. “Roller coaster again?” Kit suggested. Jiro gave her a hesitating look. “Again?” he asked. Kit just laughed at his reaction. She knows that her boyfriend doesn't want to ride the roller coaster again as it scared him to death. “Just kidding...” she said. Jiro held her hand as they walked, then she looked up at him. “How about something safe, like the ferris wheel?” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head. And so, they found the ferris wheel, and they rode on it. As it moved towards the top, they looked outside and enjoyed the view. “Wow... you really can see the whole Taipei from here...” Kit said in amazement. “It's too pretty up here...” she said. She was mesmerized by the view from the top. Little did she know, Jiro was staring at her the whole time. “Yep. Really pretty...” he said as he stared at her. Kit looked back at him, and found him gazing lovingly at her. “Really pretty?” she asked. Jiro nodded his head and smiled at her. “Very pretty.” he said. Then, they stopped, and they were on the very top of the ferris wheel. Jiro put his arm around her, and then he moved closer to her face. As he gets too close, Kit closed her eyes. She could feel his heavy breathing as she anticipated her his kiss. She felt Jiro lift up her chin, and he moved closer, too close that she could already feel his heart beating. And then, it happened. Their lips met, and he kissed her for what seemed to be forever. Kit responded to to his kiss, then she felt his arm enclosed her into his body. She felt his lips parted against hers, she opened her eyes and saw Jiro staring into her eyes again. He moved closer to her, and kissed her lips lightly. Then, he smiled at her. “I love you...” he whispered to her. Kit smiled at him lovingly. “I love you too...” she said. As Jiro reached for her for another kiss, they felt the ferris wheel moving down. They looked at each other, and then laughed. They both sat up straight as they waited for their turn to get down from the ride. As they were waiting to get off, Jiro held Kit's hand, and then he smiled at her. “This time...” he said to her. “I will never leave you...”

--

“Do you love Jiro?” she heard Chun ask her again. “He makes me happy. His kisses takes away all of my fears and worries. As long as I'm with him, nothing really matters...” Kit said. Chun shook his heat at her. “Kit, you're not answering my question...” he said. “Do you love Jiro, or do you still love Calvin despite everything?” he asked again. This time, Kit looked up at him and nodded her head. “Yes...” she said. “I love Jiro...”

--

“I believe you...” she heard Chun say. “I just hope that you're not lying.”