eumoirous disheartening

Enigma

“You look disgusting.”

 

Jonghyun tiredly looks up to see Kibum, one of his close friends and the class president, staring down at him with a repulsed look on his face. Jonghyun mutters, “Well, sorry. I didn’t really have time for personal hygiene. I was cramming for this stupid test last night.”

Kibum rolls his eyes and leans against the table. “You never pass anyway, what’s the point?” He shoots him a glare and then yawns. “Aish. I really didn’t get any sleep last night.” He stretches in his seat.

“Ugh, stop that. You’re spreading your ugly all over the room.” Kibum scoffs, walking to his table. Jonghyun shakes his head, a small chuckle emitting from his mouth.

It was always like this in the morning and though Kibum may not seem like the best person to encounter at such an early time, Jonghyun knew he had good intentions. And since Jinki didn’t have this class because of his weird genius brain, Jonghyun really didn’t have anyone to talk to but him.

He twirls the pencil in his hand and begins to stare out he window.

 

---------------------

 

She quietly walks through the hall, glaring at her schedule that began to unnerve her just by looking at it. She wondered what class Soojung had and if she would be able to see her during school hours. And she also thought about the classes she had. Would she be ahead or behind? She never really knew what the difference in education in Korea and America was.

Due to her incessant indulgence in her mind-rambling she couldn’t register the fact that she had collided into something. Falling off balance a bit, she falls backward, only to find a hand holding her upper arm and pulling her back up before she could hit the floor. When she looks up, she sees a tall girl staring at her with an amazed look and the boy who helped her with a bored but slightly concerned one.

“Ah, Sorry.” She murmurs, bowing a bit, but not fully 90 degrees, and quickly sprints away to find her classroom, still thinking about Soojung and fully forgetting about the incident.

 

--------------------

Jinri and Taemin look at each other briefly.

“She’s American?” Jinri thinks aloud, looking upwards while pulling on her backpack straps. Taemin shifts the book in his hand and murmurs, “Probably. She doesn’t look like it though.”

They walk silently from there on, with Jinri staring at the polished ceiling pondering to herself and Taemin, closely next to her, staring at—her.

 

---------------------

Jessica wanders the halls lost and a bit tired of everything. She’s been walking around for a while now and she still hasn’t met the entrance to her class. Exasperated, she sighs loudly and leans up against a locker. She stares at the schedule in her hands again and wonders how anyone could navigate themselves within these walls.

Slightly oblivious to the footsteps approaching her, she continues to stare at her schedule before she’s surprised by the voice that shocks her out of her reverie. She looks up to see a boy smiling at her and he’s slightly taller. Not that it mattered, because well, everyone seemed to be taller than her.

“What?” She says in English and she mentally hits herself for forgetting that she was in Korea. He seemed to understand though because he quickly replies, in Korean, “You’re blocking my locker.”

Surprised, she moves away and apologizes in Korean.

“It’s fine.” He smiles at her reassuringly and opens his locker to put in some books. She didn’t notice she was staring, though neither did he, until he turned around.

He chuckles. “Are you lost?”

She looks down and mumbles, “I think so.”

He nods understandably and takes her paper, gesturing for her to follow him. “You’re new right? I haven’t seen you around before.”

She nods and looks around her. The school was really beautiful and refined. A wealthy sort of school. Or academy. What was the name again?

“You space out a lot.” He laughs, looking down at her. She looks up and pouts a bit, not saying anything in reply. The walk was oddly comfortable for two people who have just met and no conversation between them. They suddenly stop before a door and he turns to her. “Here we are. But you should hurry up before the bell rings.”

She nods again and bows, “Thank you.”

He nods and salutes her. “Until we meet again!” then swiftly turns around and bounds the corner.

She stares off at the empty space before turning back to the door and taking a small breathe. Placing her hand on the doorknob, she enters to a very boisterous classroom and an provoked teacher sitting at the desk in the front.

Jessica mentally sighs.

 

---------------------

 

Jonghyun yawns a little more and tries to drown out the sounds of his noisy classroom. His male classmates were running around acting like they were in kindergarten, while the females were off in one corner gossiping about something that would soon spread to the rest of the males too, because of Kibum, who is with them.

He sighs and moves his head to fall onto his desk, his cheeks meeting with the cold, metallic, synthetic wood on the plane. He traces the little markings people have made on it in the past.

Suddenly, he hears the class quiet down, but does not look up to see why. He lays there listening, but not really, still staring out the window. He hears his teacher and aloud, “Class. We have a new student, please welcome her.”

He’s still too lazy and tired to look up, but he hears her voice and it’s tiny and sweet, “Hello. I’m Jung Jessica from the States. Please treat me well.”

Despite her voice, her tone was anything but enthusiastic, or sweet. It was indifferent and cold, but his thoughts about her voice were interrupted when he feels someone sit next to him, the seat beside him making that screech when the feet of the chair frictate against the marble floor.

He suddenly gets up and looks at her, and is silenced for a moment. She doesn’t go to look at him, her eyes always trained in front of her, but even after the teacher begins teaching, he is still staring at her face and he wonders how could anyone look so beautiful.


a/n: i still haven't edited this, so i'm very sorry for the mistakes. ;~~; and for the wait as well! i thought i'd have the chapter out immediately, but i guess that's not how things turned out. anyway, thank you so much for the subscribing! (does anyone have an idea of who helped sica? haha)

on another note, is anyone else watching to the beautiful you? i'm so freaking excited for the next episode! hyun woo is adorable as hell and i'm like in love with him, minho is such an but he's one of my ultimate biases so i have to love his character and his dickheadedness, sulli will be a girl in the next episode~!! now everyone with fall in love with her alf;flskjlisjs.

okay, end spazzing.