Chapter Two

The Unpredictable, Confusing, Wonderful Rollercoaster of LOVE

Conversations in blue are in Korean, conversations in black are in English, conversations in red are in Chinese.

I was sweetly dreaming of bunnies, kitties and candy when I felt someone poke my cheek.

“Siobhan, wake up.”

I brushed the person’s hand away.

“Five more minutes,” I mumbled as I attempted to return to the land of kitties and candy.

The person shook my shoulder and poked my stomach.

“Vampire, it’s time to join the land of the living! We’re here!”

My eyes popped open and I bolted up right in my seat. I turned to Kay, whose shiny shoulder-length hair was a little messed up from sleeping.

The younger girl smirked and ruffled my own long hair.

“Nice bed head Vampire,” she teased and she tried to smooth out my messy locks.

I sighed in defeat at the realization I had forgotten about putting my hair in a ponytail before falling asleep. I probably looked like a mad woman.

I collected my hair in my hands and twisted it on top of my head into a messy bun. We got up and retrieved our carry ons from the compartment above our heads and proceeded to go collect the rest of our luggage.

I searched for our bags as Kay searched for her famous cousin and his manager. I grabbed Kay’s suitcase off of the luggage merry-go-round contraption when it occurred to me. Wouldn’t Junghoon come by himself to prevent fan girls from making an assumption about myself, Kay and Henry?

I mean, Henry meeting two American women at an airport? Wouldn’t the media or E.L.F think something was going on? It didn’t sit right with me.

I pulled my suitcase off of the contraption and turned to Kay.

“Hey, Kaykay?”

“Yeah Vampire?”

“Don’t you think that it might cause a scandal if the media saw Henry picking up two girls from the airport?” I asked.

Kay pursed her lips and thought. Her eyes widened with shock moments later.

“Yeah, you’re right! What was he thinking?!” She cried, slapping a hand on her forehead. I felt like doing that too. I was about to agree with her when I noticed a man holing up a sign above the crowd that said, “Kay Blessing” in large, block letters.

“Kay, I found him,” I said worriedly. I retrieved my sunglasses from my carry on and put them on, hoping to at least conceal my face somewhat. Kay followed suit and pulled the hood of her hoodie on her head.

As we approached the large sign, we could see Kim Junghoon come into view but no sign of Henry. I glanced over at Kay, who also noticed the absence of her mocha cheeked cousin.

Junghoon saw us coming toward him and lowered his sign.

“Are you Kay Blessing and Sobane O’Rielly?” He asked in a thick Korean accent.

Again with the mispronouncing of my name! Why couldn’t my parents name me Jessica or Lisa or something easier than Siobhan?!

“Yes, we are Kay and Siobhan,” Kay replied in  with a smile.

Junghoon smiled put his hand up to his forehead.

“Sorry, sorry, Siobhan. I try to remember.” He laughed with embarrassment then proceeded to formally introduce himself. He gave us a ninety degree bow.

“Annyeonghasehyo, jeonun Kim Junghoon imnida.”

Kay and I returned the bow, introducing ourselves with our Korean names.

“Annyeonghasehyo, jeonun Shin Sunghyo imnida.”

“Annyeonghasehyo, jeonun Jung Kihyo imnida.”

“Oh, you know Korean?” Junghoon said with surprise and relief.

“Deh, we learned Korean in college but Kay is more fluent than I am,” I explained.

“Then I guess that makes my job easier,” the older man laughed.

“Anyway, Henry’s in the car right now. So if you two have your things, we can get moving,” He explained hooking his thumb over his shoulder at the doors of the airport.

I let out a sigh of relief knowing that Henry stayed in the car and out of the public eye. Yay for avoiding scandals!

Kay and I raised our bags slightly off the ground in a gesture that we were all set. Junghoon took the gesture and offered to help with our bags.

Kay was confident that she could carry her things to the door, but I gladly took up his offer as I do not have as much upper body strength as my athletic dongsaeng Kay does. She can do everything I can’t, like fix a computer and run a mile under seven minutes.

As Junghoon lead us out of the airport, Kay leaned toward me.

“Make sure you don’t blind everyone,” she teased. I stuck my tongue out at her.

Kay, and everyone else back at home, calls me Vampire because I have super pale skin, slightly long canines and photophobia so severe that I must wear sunglasses even in the afternoon. I might be pale, but I thankfully don’t sparkle like Edward Cullen.

A black car with tinted windows was pulled up at the curb, a cute mochi face peeking over an open window.

“Hi Kay!” Henry cried as he started to push open the car door.

“Yah, Henry! Wait until they get in the car!” Junghoon scolded the younger man, obviously trying to avoid getting spotted by the media. Henry pouted and slouched in his seat as Junghoon opened the trunk. We threw in our luggage and climbed into the car from the other side.

Immediately, Henry grabbed Kay by the waist and pulled her into a tight, bone crushing hug.

“I missed you!” He sang as he rubbed his cheek against his cousin’s. I covered my mouth to muffle my giggles. Kay looked surprised by Henry’s sudden action.

“Whoa, Hen, where’d that come from??” She exclaimed and brushed Henry off as she climbed into the back seat.

“You don’t like hugs?” He asked innocently, giving Kay puppy dog eyes. I guess it runs in the family.

“I never said that! I’ve just never been nearly broken in half by you before! What has Siwon done to you?” Kay said excitedly. Henry’s eyes squinted as he smiled.

“He’s done a lot.” He turned to me a held out his hand.

“So I’m guessing you’re Siobhan?” I took his hand and shook it.

“Yep, it’s nice to finally meet you,” I said with a smile. I glanced at Kay and noticed that she wasn’t alone in the back seat. Someone was curled up in a ball beside her, sleeping.

Henry turned to the back seat and poked the sleeping person.

“Hey, Wookie hyung wake up,” he said as he jostled the man beside Kay. Ryeowook opened his eyes and stretched a little, his dark brown hair slightly deshelved. He rubbed his eyes and glanced at me and Kay before jumping with surprise.

“Ah, pretty girls!” He exclaimed. Henry laughed at his hyung’s reaction to our presence. I felt a little bad for Wookie that we startled him.

“Ryeowook hyung, this is my cousin Kay and her friend Siobhan.” Henry introduced us to his hyung.

“Ryeowook wanted to meet you guys, so he came along for the ride and fell asleep in the back seat,” Henry explained to us.

Ryeowook relaxed a bit and gave us a friendly smile.

“Hello, nice to meet you, I am Ryeowook.” He said in accented and slightly broken English. So cute.

“Hello, Ryeowook ssi,” I said to Ryeowook.

“Did you sleep well?”

Ryeowooks eyes widened when I spoke to him in Korean. I wondered if this was going to be a reoccurring theme.

“You know Korean?”

“De, we both learned Korean in college but Kay knows more and she speaks Chinese,” I said, smiling at Ryeowooks cute surprised expression. Oh who am I kidding, he’s just cute in general.

Kay blushed red as I praised her language skills.

“Hi Ryeowook gege, it’s nice to meet you,” she said, showing off her Chinese.

“Hello Kay, you’re Chinese is very good.” He replied.

“Thank you, Ryeowook gege.” She replied cutely, and Ryeowook blushed at her aegyo. I felt so lost.

“Are you guys ready to go?” Junghoon called from the driver’s seat.

“Yep, we’re all set,” Henry replied as he lounged in his seat.

Junghoon started the car, and we were off to the dorms.