Chapter One

The Unpredictable, Confusing, Wonderful Rollercoaster of LOVE

“Hey, Kay? Have you seen my sunglasses?” I called to my roommate as I packed my suitcase.

“Did you check your purse?” Kay called from the bathroom, as she packed our toiletries.

“Yes,”

“You’re coat pocket?”

“Yes,”

“Your head?” I brought my hand to the top of my head and felt a pair of plastic glasses among thick, light-brown waves.  

“Found them!” I called as Kay entered the room with a bag of our bathroom necessities. I slipped my ever-so-important shades into my carry on.

“Ever thought of buying an actual case for those?” She laughed.

“It’s occurred to me that I probably should.” I replied as I closed my suit case. I surveyed the madness of travel bags that sat on our bedroom floor, still not believing what was actually happening.

“Did we really just graduate the other day?” I sighed, brushing my hair away from my gold eyes. Yes I have gold eyes, well they are more of a gold hazel color.

“Yeah, four years of exams, essays, and papers, and it’s finally over,” Kay replied, running her fingers through her silky black hair. It was probably harder for her to take in since she was two years younger than me. Kay was the youngest graduate in our class and the smartest in all of Wescon with an I.Q. of… oh heaven knows how intelligent she is.

“Does Henry know what time to meet us at the airport?”

“I texted him five times, and I’ll call him tonight before we turn in if he doesn't call us first.” She replied as she jammed a Pikachu plush into her suitcase.

If you are wondering what’s happening, me and my best friend were packing for the summer of our lives!

We had recently graduated from Western Connecticut State University and were celebrating by spending our entire summer in South Korea! It also helps when your BFF happens to be cousins with Henry Lau. Henry is being such a big help to us by finding us a place to stay while we are in South Korea.

The two of us are BIG K-Pop fans. Kay introduced it to me after Henry joined Super Junior and I fell in love. We are E.L.Fs and Shawols. I don’t really have a favorite Super Junior member since they are all so lovable, but I think that Onew is really cool. Kay on the other hand is a Blinger and a Honey, a fan of Jonghyun and Zhou Mi.

“Siobhan, can you sit on my suitcase? It’s not closing.” Kay complained.

“I told you that Pikachu toy would get in the way,” I teased. Kay pouted and gave me puppy dog eyes.

“Please Siobhan?” Aegyo! My weakness! I can’t resist!

I immediately plopped on top of Kay’s suitcase and she pulled on the zipper.

“You didn’t have to give my aegyo, I would have done it anyway.” I informed my younger as she closed her suit case. Kay smiled.

“I know, but the look on your face was priceless.” She teased. I hopped off of her suitcase and gazed around the room.

“Okay, so we have our passports, plane tickets, I.D.s, carry-ons, I Pods, CDs,” I went through our list of what we were bringing with us to South Korea and Kay would give me a nod with a “mmhmm” or a “check”.

“Then I think that’s everything we need for a fourteen hour plane ride.” I concluded, clasping my hands together.

“Ugh, we’re probably gonna look so messy when we get there.” Kay groaned. I laughed and gave her a pat on the back.

“It’s just Henry, not your boyfriend,” I joked, but I could understand where she was coming from. My hair always gets messy when I’m on a plane, and my make up smudges from sleeping.

“Ponytails,” I made a mental note. Suddenly, Kay’s phone broke the silence.

“If you tie me down and trap me then the love is also tied down the future is also tied down-.”

Kay swiped her Blackberry off the nightstand and glanced at the screen. Her eyes got wide, and so did her smile.

“It’s Henry,” she said.

“Put him on speaker.” I squeaked with excitement.

Kay finally answered the phone and set it on my desk.

“Hello?”

“Hey Kay, it’s Henry. Are you and Soban packed?”

I forced myself to hold a groan, Kay cover to muffle her giggles.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said my name wrong, I could afford a new one.

“Yes Henry, we’re packed,” she managed to say through her laughter.

“Ummm,… are you alright?” Henry asked, unsure of what was so funny.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Hey, Siobhan, say hi to Henry.” She put emphasis on my name.

“Hi to Henry.” I said to the man on the other side of the line.

“Hi Siobhan, sorry for botching up your name.” Henry replied, sounding a bit embarrassed.

“It’s okay,” I said with a smile. I couldn’t stay annoyed at him, he’s Henry Lau!

“So, do the others know that we are coming?” I popped the most-important-question.

“Yep, I let them all know a few weeks ago. They’re really excited so expect to get tackled by Eunhae when they see you.”

“Eunhae is real?!” I cried with shock. Henry laughed.

“No, but it’s easier to call them that.”

I felt a little silly and at the same time relieved.

“Okay, I’ll be sure to brace myself.”

“Hey Hen, where are we staying?” Kay asked the second most-important-question.

“Oh, ummm… about that.” Uh no. Did he forget. I braced myself for the worst as Kay’s face fell abit.

“Um, well, the thing is. I couldn’t find any apartments or hotels near the dorms that were cheap enough, so I pulled some strings and begged a little and got you two an empty dorm next to f(x).”

Say what? The two of us were silent for a moment.

“….Hello?” “You’re serious Henry?” Kay finally managed to find her voice.

“Yeah, totally.”

I grabbed Kay’s arm to suppress my squeals. We were staying at the dorms, with the S.M. artists! I was in full spazzy fangirl mode.

“That’s great Henry,” Kay squeaked, on the verge of fangirling as well. We were about to explode in a moment.

“Great! So the girls will be right next door if you need anything and we’ll be upstairs if you need anything from us. Zhou Mi and I in are in a separate dorm with Jay and the others are across the hall from us so if you get bored you can always come up and hang out with us. There’s always at least one or two of us in the dorms.” Henry continued.

“Sounds like a plan Henry. You’ll meet us there?” I asked, trying to calm down. (An impossibility at the moment)

“Yup, I’ll be there with our manager so look for Junghoon hyung.”

“Got it. Thanks Henry!” Kay nearly yelled into the Blackberry.

Okay then, I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“See ya.” Kay quickly hung up the phone, and we went into full on fan girl mode, bouncing around and squealing like teenagers.

We knew this was going to be the best summer ever.

We didn’t know how amazing our summer was going to be.