Chapter 4

The Unpredictable, Confusing, Wonderful Rollercoaster of LOVE

Text in Blue is in English, Text in Black is in Korean, Text in Red is in Chinese. (I know I'm switching it up, but it makes things easy for me.)

Yesung

“Yesung hyung! Yesungie hyung, we have company!” I heard Ryeowook yell as he pounded on the bathroom door. Can’t a man shower in peace?

“Wookie ah, I’m in the shower! Can’t they spare a minute for me to finish?” I yelled back as I rinsed my hair.

“I can’t! Please Yesungie, you really need to meet them!” Ryeowook hollered through the door. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. I shouldn’t be rude and keep these guests waiting.

“All right, I’ll be out in a minute,” I yelled.

“Thank you,” Ryeowook left me alone after that.

I finished rinsing my hair and turned off the water. Then realization hit me, I had completely forgotten that Henry said he had family from America coming to stay in Korean for the summer. Gee, aren’t I a great hyung?

I quickly dried myself off and threw on sweat pants and a T-shirt. I could hear Kyuhyun complaining as Ryeowook dragged him down the hall.  I chuckled as Kyuhyun’s remarks how he was wasting game time. It was funny.

I started to dry off my hair when I heard Ryeowook yell at Kyuhyun.

“Yah! Kyuhyun ah, they are younger than you!” He scolded him. Oh boy, what did he do this time?

I tossed my towel on the hook of the bathroom wall and headed for the living room.

 “Yah, don’t tell them that!” Kyuhyun cried as I walked in.

“What’s up with all the noise?” I asked as I approached the others, noting the presence of two young women.

“Henry’s cousin from America is here and she brought a friend.” Sungmin replied and he pinched the girls cheeks.

Both of the girls were very pretty. One of them had a tiny waist, shoulder length, shiny black hair and big brown eyes that made her look like a fairy. The other had snow white skin, long light brown hair and sharp canines (that I only saw when she was giggling at Kyuhyun). She looked a bit like a vampire from that vampire story in America, but not as weird.

I smiled at the girls. “Hello, my name is Yesung, but you can call me Jongwoon.”

The fairy like girl bowed. “Hello, I’m Kay Blessing, Henry’s cousin,” she said in a pretty bell like voice.

I shook her hand and faced the vampire like girl.

“Hello Jongwoon ssi, my name is Siobhan, I’m the friend. She said with a bow.

“Siobhan? That’s a pretty name, it’s nice to meet,” I met her eyes. “… you.” I trailed off.

I couldn’t stop staring. Her eyes were the most unusual color. They were the color of pure honey. It was as if her eyes were made of gold. They were so beautiful.

I couldn’t pull my eyes away from hers. My heart began to pound in my chest. What was happening to me?! What do I do?!

“Yah! Yesung hyung! Snap out of it!!!” Kyuhyun not-so-lightly whacked the back of my head. I was jolted out of my daze and rubbed the sore spot on my head and glared at Kyuhyun.

“Geez, hyung, don’t scare her on her first day here!” The evil maknae scolded me. I glanced at Siobhan, who was blushing furiously. Suddenly, the floor was very interesting.

“So guys, where’s Henry?” Kay asked, breaking the awkward silence.

“He’s across the hall with Zhou Mi, do you want me to get him?” Donghae asked.

“He’s already here,” Henry cut in as he and Zhou Mi walked in.

“How’d you get in?!” Ryeowook exclaimed.

“Well, for one thing, you guys left the door wide open for the whole building to hear all of the commotion you’re making,” Zhou Mi explained.

“Oops, my bad.” Ryeowook said, flustered.

Zhou Mi laughed, ruffled Ryeowook’s hair and walked up to the girls.

“It’s nice to meet you two, I’m Zhou Mi.” He introduced himself with a bow.

“Hi Zhou Mi ssi, I’m Kay and this is Siobhan,” Kay said and they bowed back. I wonder where they learned to speak Korean, it’s very good.

“It’s going to be nice having new people around, it gets boring here sometimes.” Donghae said, as he ran his fingers through his hair. Sungmin took Siobhan and Kay’s hands and led them to the couch near the window.

“Sit, sit! Let’s talk!” He said eagerly as the girls sat down.

Kyuhyun tried to sneak back to his room, but Kangin caught him and dragged him back to the living room.

“Come on Kyuhyun ah, don’t be a hermit.”

“Ugh, hyung,” He whined as Kangin sat him next to Siobhan.

I might as well join the fun, so I sat on the couch opposite to the girls, hoping that my little incident with Siobhan wouldn’t make this awkward.

Siobhan

“So, where are you guys from?” Kangin began, leaning forward in his chair.

“New York, we live just outside of New York City.” I said, remembering the tire swing in my back yard and the time when I twisted my ankle climbing the tree. Kay had to carry me to the house.

“Cool, so do you get to go to the city a lot?” Donghae asked eagerly.

“Not every day, probably once every two or three months.” Kay said.

“Where did you guys go to college?” Donghae pressed on. I giggled at his eagerness.

“We graduated from Western Connecticut State University a few days ago. Siobhan majored in broadcasting and communications and I majored in English literature.” Kay continued, happily answering their questions. Kyuhyun gave Kay a funny look.

“Wait, how old are you guys?” He asked.

“I’m 23, Kay is 21,” I replied.

“What?! You graduated at 21?!” He exclaimed.

“Kay skipped two grades in elementary school, she was also the valedictorian of our graduation class in both high school and college. Her  I.Q is 146,” I explained as Kay’s cheeks turned pink.

“Whoa, so Kay’s really smart then,” Kyuhyun said with wide eyes.

“What do you guys like to do for fun?” Donghae asked, continuing with his endless list of questions.

“Umm, well I like to write, read, cook, listen to music and speak Chinese in front of Siobhan.” Kay replied.

“Why in front of Siobhan in particular?” Sungmin asked.

“Because I don’t know Chinese,” I said frankly, bowing my head in embarrassment as Kay smiled mischievously. Kyuhyun laughed and gave Kay a high five.

“Anyway, I like to write, read, listen to music, kung fu, draw and play video games,” I listed my hobbies.

“You play video games?!” Kyu jumped out of his seat. We giggled at his excitement.

“Yeah, I umm… play Dragon, Demon and Dark Souls, and I play Skyrim,” I admitted, it was kind of embarrassing telling Kyuhyun the video games that I play. (A/N: And I’m good! *evil laugh*)

“Oh! I just got Skyrim for the PS3!” He exclaimed. Next thing I knew, Kyuhyun broke his character and pulled me in a giant bear hug.

“Finally! Someone I can relate to in this world!”

“Yah! Kyuhyun ssi, what about your hyungs?” I asked as I squirm out of his grasp (why are they all so strong?!)

“They’re too easy to play against, I always win,” Kyuhyun said flatly.

“What about that time when Donghae beat you at Halo?” Eunhyuk said, waggling his eyebrows.

“Beginner’s luck,” Kyuhyun quickly answered.

“I guess I could play with you later.” I said, a little worried that I might end up making a fool of myself. Kyuhyun punched the air in victory. What have I gotten myself into? I guess there’s no way out of it now.

Do you girls know us?” Eunhyuk changed the subject. I was a bit puzzled by his question since he was using English.

Umm, not formally,” I replied.

“No no no, not like that!” He exclaimed, waving his hands back and forth franticly. “Do you know Super Junior? KPop? Do you know our music?” He started doing the “Sorry Sorry” for us.

“Oh, yeah! We know you guys!” Kay exclaimed, and started dancing “Sorry Sorry”.

That made the boys very excited and they jumped up and joined Eunhyuk and Kay. Eunhyuk high-fived Kay.

“Yep! Nice job!” he praised in his accented English.

“Henry! Why didn’t you tell us that they know KPop?!” Ryeowook scolded Kay’s cousin. Henry shrugged in weak defense.

“I… forgot?” He said. Kyuhyun groaned in response.

“Anyway, do you know any other bands?” Yesung asked, after being silent for so long.

“Yep, we also know SHINee. Our favorite song is “Ring Ding Dong”.” I replied, and Donghae jumped up and did the “Ring Ding Dong” dance. Is there no end to his energy?

“Yep, that’s right Donghae ssi.” I laughed. Eunhyuk and Shindong joined Donghae, they even free styled a little bit.

A loud ding came from the other room.

“Oh! The cookies are ready!” Ryeowook exclaimed and he rushed into the kitchen.

“Yay! Cookies!” Kay squealed and jumped up. The others looked at her as if she was a unicorn with two horns and a pastel rainbow tail.

“Still have a sweet tooth, that’s the Kay I know and love,” Henry chuckled.

“Oh you have no idea Henry! It’s a wonder how she has no cavities!” I exclaimed. Kay flashed her white smile at the guys. Darn that smile, how does she do it?!

“You are very… easily excited.” Shindong said to Kay, as the aroma of chocolate chip cookies wafted in. I put my hand on Kay’s shoulder as she began to register the smell of the cookies, knowing she would make a dash for the kitchen.

“Remember the last time you ate a cookie fresh from the oven?” I said, saving her tongue from weeks of tasteless food. (A/N: I’ve burnt my tongue on a hot chocolate chip cookie before, I couldn’t taste anything for more than a week!) Kay sank back into the couch with a sad pout on her face as the memory sank in.

“The Kay I know and love,” Henry repeated with a smile on his face.

Zhou Mi whipped out his cell phone and glanced at the screen.

“Uh, Jongwoon hyung? SHINee’s water stopped working and Kibum and Jonghyun both need showers right now.” He said to his elder. “Can they shower up here?”

Yesung glanced at me and Kay and back at Zhou Mi.

“I have two brothers. We’re good.” I reassured.

“Yeah, her brother’s a lifeguard. I’ve seen shirtless dudes!” Kay chirped. Not exactly what I was getting at, but okay. (A/N: Love you dongsaeng!)

Yesung shrugged and Zhou Mi texted Key.

Yesung hasn’t really said anything since we had that little umm… moment. Did I do something weird and set us off on the wrong foot? All I did was introduce myself, shook his hand and smiled! … Okay, maybe I stared a little bit but he stared back! Is it going to be awkward between us now?

“Vampire, come back to Earth!” Kay jostled me out of my worried daze.

“Huh? What?” I stammered incoherently. Super Junior was staring at me intently, Kangin chuckling a bit.

“It’s not polite to stare Vampire,” Kay playfully scolded me.

Oh boy, now I’ve done it! My cheeks filled with heat. Who was I staring at while I was having my moment of inner panic? I covered my face in embarrassment.

"Hey, she's pretty cute too!" Sungmin giggled.

What? Me? Cute? No! Kay is the cute one, not me!! I blushed even more and Minnie pinched my cheek.

Ryeowook walked in with a plate of cookies and a smile on his face.

“Anybody want some?” He asked and set the plate on the coffee table in the middle of our circle. Thank you Ryeowook for the well timed distraction!

Kay immediately reached over for a cookie and nibbled on the edge happily.

“Mmmm! These are so good Ryewook oppa!” She sighed.

Trusting Kay’s taste buds, I reached for a cookie and bumped hands with someone.

“Oh, sorry,” I said and glanced up at… Yesung. (Why must the universe make things awkward?)

“Oh no, it’s fine,” he said with a light blush on his face and pulled back his hand. I took one of the cookies and bit in.

Wow! They were really good! The chocolate melted on my tongue.

“These are really good oppa.” I praised Ryeowook, who smiled with satisfaction.

“Mission accomplished.” He said in English like James Bond. We all started laughing when there was a knock at the door.

“Hyungs! We’re here!”

 

*******

Hey everybody!!!! Shay has returned!!! I am soooooo soooorrrry for going MIA again!!!! I had to study for SATs and ACTs for most of October, so I was planning on updating after the ACTs were over. And then hurricane Sandy hit and knocked out my power. T.T Mother Nature really hates me. But now I am back! I don't think I will have anymore MIA moments unless something really big comes up, which I doubt will because this is a pretty lax Senior year in terms of my work load. I've submitted all of my college stuff (Wescon and Mount. Saint Mary are my top two colleges! ^^) and my stuff for the National Honors Society. And feel free to be mad at me for leaving you guys hanging like that. Scold me, shame me, put me in time out (I'm a big girl!), do whatever you want.

I'll update again either tomorrow or Thursday, SHINee makes their first appearance next chapter! See you guys then! Ahh it's good to be back. :)

                                       ~ Shay