RETURN CHAPTER 1

Return

Return

 

~Yi Joong : Jae Joong

~Rin Bo : Suzy

 

Chapter 1

 

While I was playing the piano, the only thing that I wanted to do was not think of him, but it was impossible, because he was Yi Joong. That means he is the most handsome boy in this world. Even when I think of him, my heart skips a beat . I played a key on the piano wrong, but it doesn’t matter; thinking of him is the most important thing for me. That may be true, I’m a stupid high school student, but it’s always normal when he is by my side. Yi Joong doesn’t hang out with other people in our school, he’s just my friend. That’s it…

 

Ahh I played the piano wrong again. I start to play from beginning once more.

 

Yi Joong has a dream: he wants to be a star someday. Not everyone knows this, only I do… I know some of his secrets which he only shares with me. Luckily, I met him on the first day of school, and ever since then, my life has changed.

 

I remember it so clearly; I woke up really early on the first day of school. I then took a shower and ate my breakfast. After I said good-bye to my parents I started walking to school. I began to count numbers; I love doing this. When I get exited, I always count numbers. By accident, I hit a boy who was Yi Joong; but because of that, I became the luckiest girl in the world! I tried to tell him “I’m sorry,” but I couldn’t say anything. His face…was so pure.

 

I learned he was new to Korea. I also found out that he was a new student in my school, but he didn’t know where our school was. Together, we went to school. Everyone was looking at us! Both girls and boys, all eyes were on us.

 

He looks like an angel!

 

Once some girls began to yell at me and hit me. It was because they were fans of Yi Joong and didn’t like how I was seen with him. Yi Joong saw that I was in trouble and he came to help me; Yi Joong came to save me.

After that we hung out together more. He became my best friend and I realized I had special feelings for him. I couldn’t tell him though, not yet. It was my secret and I was afraid to tell him. Maybe he would run away from me and leave me alone, recking our friendship and recking my heart.

 

Yi Joong was born in Korea, but his family and he moved to Japan years ago. Since then, it’s been 10 years and they’ve came back to Korea. Thank God that they came back! So I could met with him .

 

I didn’t know he was here while I was playing the piano. After I finished playing, I hear Yi Joong say, “It’s really good that you can play like this.”

 

I was flattered. He’s always approaching me a lot. It makes me nervous because I can’t stop thinking about the love I’m feeling for him.

 

“Thank you…” I said. I wish he wasn’t so close to me like he is now.

“What are you doing today? Wanna hang out?”

“Ohh! Where will we go?”

“I think, firstly, I’ll go to the university for entry. “

“Oh, Ok! Let’s go together!” I say.

On the way, he asks me, “Rin Bo, have you thought about your future?”

“No… Actually I haven’t thought about it that much yet.”

“Like I’m going to be in the future, maybe you want to become a star too, Hm?”

“That would be great! But I’m not good at anything,” I say with a bad face.

“What?” he says while smiling. “You can play the piano perfectly.”

“Maybe…” I say.

 

After he came back from the big university, we continue walking. I’m thinking if I should tell him the truth or not. I Probably won’t see him after graduation, so I should tell him that I love him now, right?

No I have to do that!

 

“Can we sit for a moment?” I ask.

“Sure,” he says, sitting onto the bench in front of us.

I’ve been waiting for this moment for three years. Damn! How am I going to tell him?

“Y-yi Joong. Ah I need to talk with you about something…” I say, while sitting.

“What is it?” He looks at me for a second.

I take a deep breath and then I say, “You know, you are my best friend , right?” It wasn’t on the subject, but I don’t know how to declare it to him.

“Yes, I know.”

“Ahh so…Because of that, I’m trying to say…”

“Rin Bo?” He was looking into my eyes directly.

“Me…You…” I take a deep breath again. I’m going to say it.

Here we go… “I…I like you.” I tell him, and I feel like the time has stopped. Yi Joong doesn’t say anything or do anything; He’s just looking at me.

 

“Yi Joong!” I hear someone calling him, but I can’t see them. They were running towards us. I don’t know who they are, but…I do understand something. I made a big mistake telling him my true feelings.

The boys calling Yi Joong’s name come close us and begin talking with him in Japanese. He turns to them and talks very fast.

 

I don’t understand anything! And I begin to cry quietly. I stand up and run home.

 

It was The Worst Day Ever.

 

~~~2 YEARS LATER~~~~

 

Everything has changed so much since 2 years ago. Firstly, I’ve changed a lot, but I’m still playing the piano. In a few minutes, I’ll walk into a competition. Ohh I feel like I’m in empty place that makes my head hurt.

Two years ago, when I told him my feelings…I didn’t see him anymore. He and his family moved again. I guess he went back to Japan, but I don’t know the reason.

 

I cried again…

 

When I heard my name being called, I went near a woman. She was the presenter.

She told me, “Come closer,” motion it with her hands. “Honey, you know we are on a live broadcast. So please act normal, ok?”

“Okay…”

“Then…Three. Two. One. Go!”

We are on the stage now, I can feel everyone looking at me. Their eyes are shining in the dark. I feel so nervous that I want die…

The presenter left, so now I’m alone on stage.

 

Now I slowly walk towards the piano. When I sit down , there’s a dead silence in the room. Everyone’s eyes are on me. I begin to play the notes. I shouldn’t make a mistake while playing. I shouldn’t…I shouldn’t think of him.

I thought about the piano, the song and…damn! I thought about him too. He was a music teacher for me. He taught me how to play this. I remember him so clearly after these past 2 years. I need to forget him- Someday I will…

 

My first mistake…

 

But I didn’t stop playing and try to think about anything else. When I closed my eyes, I saw his face, his pure angel-like face.

 

My second mistake…

 

Damn, I will cry again. My eyes want it so much. I can’t stop thinking about him. He was the meaning of my life, but now I’m nothing without him. I guess I was a younger sister to him, but he was a prince for me the whole time.

 

And the third mistake…

 

I stop playing. I look at the piano and I wait a little.

 

I don’t know the judges. I just came here for my mom. She really wants me be a star.

 

Great…I came, I played piano, now it’s time to go.The judges probably didn’t like me and will send me home.

“Dear…Rin…” suddenly, one of judge starts to talk.

“Rin Bo…” I say so quietly.

“Oh yes, Rin Bo. Thank you for coming here. We should now make a voting for you, but firstly, I want to say you should work har…”

“Just say the result…” I tell him. I haven’t look at the a Judge yet. I don’t want to.

He says “No” with an angry voice.

The other judge starts to talk. “I think you have a talent. You should be with us. I say yes.”

The other judge says yes as well. Wow, I didn’t expect this. I thought they would just eliminate me.

After that, the other judge says, “ I think you should work hard. No…”

 

So, all votes are going to be yes,yes,no,no. That is an equality. The last judge’s idea will make my destiny. I wish he would say no, so that I can go home early. I just want to cry until the night again. I want it…

 

“I think, she should go on with us. Like I said before, It’s really good that you can play like this. I’m saying yes.” I know this voice, and I know the words which he told me before…

Butterflies were flying in my stomach.

He was…he was…

 

I looked at the judges. And I found him with my eyes, he was looking at me while smiling.

 

Yi Joong was here, so close to me…