You're Still Being Watched~

Perfect Escape

The birds chirped as the sun started to rise, Jen and Ella were already up and making breakfast for everyone. It had certainly been a tough night for all of them. Ella had woken up in the middle of the night and wasn’t able to fall asleep again. She had the worse nightmare. She dreamed about her waking up to the four masked girls coming into the house. 2pm was already dead on the floor accompanied with Sam and Rhea. Then one of the girls looked at her and said, “You are next.” Ella woke up shaking. It was just so horrible.

 
“Pass me the pancake mix,” Jen told Ella from the other side of the lightly-colored wooden kitchen.
 
“Catch,” Ella said, throwing the box of pancake mix. Jen caught it perfectly.
 
“Why aren’t they up yet?” Jen asked, pouring water and oil into a bowl and then adding the white powder of pancake mix.
 
“Maybe because it’s 7am?” Ella asked sarcastically.
 
Junsu came in yawning and was followed by Nichkhun.
 
“Riiight~” Junsu said.
 
“Someone pass me the eggs please,” Jen requested.
 
Junsu walked up to Jen and handed her the eggs.
 
“I’m starving,” he said.
 
Nichkhun grunted as he held his belly in his hands, “Me too.”
 
"Well, hold your bellies and don't pressure us~! We work horribly under pressure" Ella said
 
"No, maknae. I'm pretty sure that's just you.." Jen giggled and went back to working on the mix.
 
Ella crossed her arms and pouted. Jen saw this and walked over to her and patted her head. "Cheer up, love~ Start setting up the table. I'll start baking the pancakes" Jen smiled at her
 
Ella nodded and walked to the table and started putting the plates and utensils needed.
 
Wooyoung entered the room with an empty cup on hand, “Well, time to go.”
 
“ARE YOU INSANE!? DO YOU WANNA GET MURDERED?” Junsu took a breath and continued in a calmed fashion, “Hyung, we almost got killed last night. It’s best if we keep a low profile for a while.”
 
Wooyoung looked at the floor in thought and answered, “We should call our manager, then.”
 
Wooyoung was already taking out his phone and almost dialing the number when Junsu got up from his seat and tackled him to the ground. Wooyoung grunted.
 
Nichkhun took a deep breathe and tried to get some sense into him, “So that he can pick us up as soon as he hears our voices? Hyung, you don’t understand… We’re in danger here. Real danger.”
 
“Fine, but only a few days, okay?” Wooyoung said, finally giving in.
 
The boys nod in agreement.
 
"Junsu get off me!" Wooyoung commanded. Junsu got off of Wooyoung's back and went back to his spot on the table.
 
“What about our clothes, though?” Wooyoung asked.
 
Silence filled the air. “… Um. Well, Sam has boxes of clothes in the attic. There’s clothes from her cousins before he got huge. Maybe something will fit. But I wouldn’t go there… It’s scaaary.” Ella said in a shiver and rolled a strand of her hair.
 
Nichkhun rolled his eyes. "Aish~ Stop being so pathetic. It's probably not that scary in there. Right, Jenna?"
 
Jen shuddered without looked at him and just plainly ignored his question.
 
"..Right?" Nichkhun whimpered
 
-
 
By 8am, everyone was up and eating their breakfast at the main table. Well, everyone except for Sam. She’s always been an oversleeper.
 
“Where’s Sam?” Taecyeon asked, taking a handful of pancakes into his mouth.
 
“Probably sleeping,” Nichkhun said, in a emotionless tone.
 
“Someone go wake her up,” Junho said.
 
“Alright,” Mary answered him.
 
Mary wasn’t amused when she got to Sam’s room. Evidently, she wasn’t sleeping. She was playing guitar. As usual. It’s like she’s one with that instrument. She never lets it go.
 
“Come on, Sam, everyone’s having breakfast,” Mary said, trying to pull the guitar away from her.
 
“Wait,” Sam said, scribbling down into a paper and strumming some chords over and over again.
 
“Can we go now?” Mary said, tapping her foot onto the wooden floor.
 
Sam sighed, “Fine.”
 
Mary noticed Sam wasn’t fine. She looked sad, actually. Why would she be sad? They’re all staying in a house along with their idols, what’s not to love?
 
As they walked into the dinning room, where everyone was eating, Sam said, “Good morning everyone,” and sat down quietly in a chair.
 
“Aren’t you going to eat anything?” Chansung asked, noticing the girl hadn’t moved an inch towards the pancakes that were right in front of her.
 
“No, I’m not hungry,” Sam said looking down at her plate.
 
Yes, something was wrong for sure. Sam was the type of girl that was always hungry. She literally would never stop eating if given the chance. That’s why as soon as she said she wasn’t hungry, all the girl’s faces looked worried. Though they all decided to ignore it and not ask about it.
 
“Sammy, do you still have the boxes of clothes upstairs?” Jen asked.
 
“Yeah, I think,” Sam said in deep thought.
 
“Can we go look for it?” Ella asked, a bit scared about how Sam would react.
 
“Yeah, sure,” she said.
 
“Okay, let’s go Wooyoung, Khun, and Junsu, we can’t carry it all by ourselves,” Ella said, looking at Jen.
 
“Wait! Take the keys,” Sam said taking off her keychain and giving it to Junsu.
 
“You have they key one a necklace?” Junsu said, with a confused look.
 
“Yes, just in case I’ll need it sometime. Just like now,” she said with a bit of a smiling creeping through her face.
 

Ella, Jen, Junsu, Nichkhun, and Wooyoung walked up the stairs and into the second floor.

 

“I really don’t want to do this,” Ella said, ready to walk back, “I really don’t.”

 

“Come here,” Wooyoung said, opening his arms for her to hug.

 

After accepting the hug, Ella smiled at Wooyoung, “Thanks.” Wooyoung still kept his arms around her, so she’d feel secure as they went up the final stair and into the attic.

 

As they opened the door and entered the dust-full room, Jen squeaked at the sight of a spider.

 

“I really, really, really don’t want to be here,” Ella said hiding her face with Wooyoung’s chest.

 

Then it happened. The attic door closed with a hard bang and everyone turned around to encounter with a note attached to the back of the door.

 

Junsu approached the door, picked up the note, and read, “You’re... Still... Being... Watched.” Jen screamed at this and nearly fainted.

 

Ella started shaking. “J-Just take the boxes and let’s get out of here,” she said pointing to the four, big-sized boxes full of clothes.

 

As the boys picked them up, they all rushed down to the main floor at full speed.

 

“Guy, you won't imagine what we just found back there…”