How To Make It Up

A "Love" Story

“Sunah, don’t cry!” Yumi worriedly hovered over her friend.

Sunah sniffed and wiped her eyes.

“I can’t believe he would do something like this to me! I actually like him too! Really liked him!” She wailed.

“I know, I know,” Yumi soothed her friend, gathering Sunah in a hug. “Love is hard…”

“I want to forgive him, but I can’t! That’s just, not right! Yumi! Tell me what to do!” Sunah dove into Yumi’s lap and began to cry again.

“Shhh, it’s okay,” Yumi smoothed Sunah’s long coffee-colored hair.

“Hey Yumi, let’s gooo-oh,” Nichkhun entered the room. “What’s up?” He hesitantly asked.

Yumi shook her head. “Sorry Oppa, I don’t think I can go on tonight’s date with you. Sunah’s pretty torn down. She just found out that jaebum’s been playing her.”

“Well, that’s fine. We don’t have to go tonight, wait WHAT? jaebum cheated on Sunah?!?!”

“Uhm, not exactly in that sense. He apparently had some bet with Seulong that he could get a girlfriend before Seulong could. Anyways, Sunah just found out today, she really likes him too, so it hurts,” Yumi explained in place of Sunah.

“Man, that bites. But jaebum isn’t that sort of that person. I mean, if he really wanted to win that bet so much, and didn’t at all care for Sunah, he would have gotten together with her, and then immediately broken up with her,” Nichkhun pondered.

“What do you mean?” Sunah finally spoke, face covered in wet tears.

“I mean, do you know how long it’s been since those two made that bet?” Nichkhun questioned.

“Well, no…” Sunah admitted.

“See? What if that bet was made many months or so ago? I’m saying that jaebum would have already broken up with you, if he was just playing with you to win that bet,” Nichkhun pointed out.

“I guess you’re right. I should hear the full story,” Sunah sighed, “But I’m scared. I don’t know if I’ll be able to trust him again. But I’m also scared that if I don’t give him another chance, there WILL be no ‘next chance’ later.”

“Poor thing,” Yumi gave Sunah another hug.

“Yumi! Tell me what I should do!” Sunah cried.

“Sorry sweetie. All I can really do for you is listen, soothe, and protect you. I can’t tell you what’s right or wrong for you. That’s your decision,” Yumi replied.
“I guess,” Sunah groaned, “Wah! I just don’t know!”

That night, Sunah couldn’t sleep at all. She spent all of her time and energy in thinking about what the right thing to do was. Unfortunately, she didn’t get anywhere by morning, and extremely tired, went to work the next morning.


“SUNAH! FOCUS!” The producer rapped his pencil on the table. “You’re the LEADER! ACT LIKE ONE!”

“Sorry,” Sunah rubbed her head. ‘This is giving me such a headache! Man! I can’t deal with this anymore!’

“Hey Sunah, are you feeling okay?” Eun Jung asked.

“Yeah, your eyes are puffy and red. Plus you look exhausted too,” Bomi joined in, concerned.

“Thanks girls,” Sunah smiled at her friends, “I’m okay. Just going through a rough spot.”

Taking a deep breath outward, Sunah turned towards the sheet of music again and began to sing again, trying to forget all her personal life and dive into the song and the melody.


Coming out of the studio, Sunah was officially dead tired. She had spent the whole morning and afternoon being yelled at by all of her instructors.

‘I’ve got a really bad migraine.’

“Hey.”

Sunah felt a chill run up her spine and she remained facing the direction she was in.

“Hey,” she replied, trying to sound calm.

“Can we talk?”

Though she couldn’t see his face, Sunah could feel jaebum’s eyes pierce through her back.

“No,” she sharply turned towards jaebum, eyes beginning to fill with tears again.

“Sunny,” jaebum’s eyes looked sorrowful as he tried to reach out to her.

“We can’t talk. Not now,” Sunah continued, and turned her back again. “I have a busy schedule.”

“Alright, I’ll tell you everything later. Coffee shop at 6:00 PM sharp. Be there, and we’ll discuss everything. I don’t expect you to forgive me. I’ll be waiting.”
Sunah’s tears began to fall as she heard jaebum turn and shuffle away.

When she was sure he was out of eye and earshot, she slowly turned around to gaze down the hallway.

‘I don’t know if I want to hear the truth, nor do I know if I can forgive you. But I will come this evening, to hear what you have to say.’


jaebum’s side of the story:

“Babo, babo, babo, babo, BABO!!!!!!!” jaebum banged his head against the wall in the 2PM dorm. “I just had to go and screw everything up!”

“Yeah, you really did,” Nichkhun stood in the frame of jaebum’s room.

“Nichkhun!” jaebum looked up, surprised to see his friend. “Why are you here early? I thought you had plans with Yumi.”

“I did,” Nichkhun sighed as he sat down on the bed, “but she took a rain check because she’s busy tonight. She’s comforting Sunah.”

“God, don’t bring that up,” jaebum closed his eyes and groaned. “I’m torturing myself over hurting her.”

“jaebum, I’m not one to judge without hearing both sides of the story. I am disappointed that you would even do something like that, however, I have a question.”

“Yeah,” jaebum hung his head. “Alright. I’ll answer a question.”

“When did you and Seulong even make this bet?” Nichkhun’s face remained blank.

“Uh,” jaebum squinted, “about ten months ago?”

“Wait,” Nichkhun held up his hand, “what THAT long ago? Man, that’s almost been a year!”

“Yeah,” jaebum looked at the ground.

“Well, that doesn’t change the fact I’m disappointed in you, but wow. That proves you truly do care for her,” Nichkhun gave a tiny smile.

“Nichkhun!” jaebum clung to his friend, “You understand me?!?!?!”

“Hell no,” Nichkhun shook jaebum off. “I’m just saying that since that stupid bet was made ten months ago, I know you really like her. I mean, you would have broken up with Sunah a LONG time ago if your only goal was to get a girlfriend before Seulong and win the bet.”

“Yeah, well I guess that bet backfired on me. I lost anyways,” jaebum laughed.

“Uh, I don’t really get what you’re saying,” Nichkhun raised his eyebrows.

“Well, I guess I didn’t ‘lose,’ but I did fall in love with her, though it was unintentional,” jaebum gave a serene smile. “I began to feel that I could go through my day full of energy, if only I could see her smile for me. I could overcome anything if I was with her.”

“You need to tell her this,” Nichkhun patted jaebum on the back.

“Okay, I’ll try and talk to her,” jaebum sighed.


‘Man, I still haven’t seen Sunny yet,’ jaebum walked out of the room and down the hallway, disappointed.

“Hey Jay,” Nichkhun caught up to jaebum.

“What?” jaebum yawned.

“There,” Nichkhun pointed to Sunah exiting her studio room, head in hands. “GO!” Nichkhun pushed jaebum into full view and slipped around the corner, making a quick escape.

jaebum froze.

‘Oh my gosh, she could turn around and see me right now! What if she runs away from me? What if she’s too angry to speak to me? What if…’ jaebum’s brain began to shut down as he forgot the ability to speak.

“Hey,” was all he could muster out, which he then internally smacked himself for. ‘Oh yeah, smooth jaebum. ‘Hey’ is all you could say?!?!?!’

“Hey,” she replied, shocking jaebum, who almost jumped out of his skin.

“Can we talk?” He gulped, trying to gather himself up, and stared at Sunah’s back. ‘She’s refusing to look at me. I’m such a fool. I’ve really gone and messed this up.’

“No,” Sunah whipped around, and jaebum looked at her eyes that where b with fresh tears.

“Sunny,” jaebum felt a rush of total guilt and sorrow. He wished he could just run over to her and wipe her tears, and embrace her.

“We can’t talk. Not now, I have a busy schedule.”

‘Of course,’ jaebum’s heart sank. ‘She’s obviously got a schedule, which she’s also using against you, so she can avoid you.’

“Alright, I’ll tell you everything later. Coffee shop at 6:00 PM sharp. Be there, and we’ll discuss everything. I don’t expect you to forgive me. I’ll be waiting.”

jaebum took one last glance at Sunah’s back, which was again turned, and stared for a second or two. Knowing he wasn’t going to get anything else out of her, jaebum slowly began to turn around and walk back up the hallway.

‘You better come and see me. I’ll die if you don’t know the whole truth. Please, come tonight!’