We're Really Meant To Be?!

A "Love" Story

“Yo man, seriously?” jaebum’s eyes widened.

“Yeah, really…” Junho gave a little grunt.

“Yo…Nickhun! COME BACK!” jaebum screamed.

“Calm down…he’s probably with Yumi,” Taeceyon breezily lifted his hand up as he exited the 2PM dressing room. “I gotta use the toilet!”

“Thanks for sharing,” Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

“Yo, guys. While Nichkhun’s away, I guess I should tell you guys something. I kinda met someone too…”

All the 2PM members rushed around jaebum, waiting for the news, including Taeceyon, who had super hearing skills.

“Yo, man,” jaebum looked at Taeceyon, “seriously?” jaebum lifted his bushy eyebrow.

“What?” Taeceyon said, as he stared back at the leader. “I can hold it!”

“Whatever, just TELL US!” Junsu barged in.

“Okay. Well, she’s also one of the dancers. But unfortunately I didn’t get her as my partner.”

“Bummer…who’s her partner for the number?” Chansung chewed through a food-filled mouth of sweets.

“She’s you’re partner actually,” jaebum eyed the maknae with some disgust.

“Ah, you mean Sunah? She’s pretty cool!” Chansung started.

“Yo! No! You can’t! I already have dibs!” jaebum shouted.

“Wow man…lighten up. Wasn’t thinking about it. I’m into Yumi, whom NICHKUN STOLE FROM ME!”

“Guys seriously? Why all the girl talk?” Wooyoung shook his head, “I don’t get it.”

“That’s just because you haven’t found anyone yet.” Nearly everyone retorted back.

“Yo, whatever,” jaebum held his hands up. “I’m going to go see if I can find her.”


Wandering through the hallways, jaebum looked like a lost idol who couldn’t find the stage door. He was asked more than a couple times if he needed help, which he would always reply with his ‘yo man. I’m cool,’ phrase.
As jaebum was just about to give up, he caught the sight of Sunah’s bright brown hair. Apparently, she’d seen him too for she gave a wave, as if to signal him forward.

“Yo, Sunah! What’s up!”

“Uh, hi. What’s with the ‘yos?’ Didn’t your variety show end like, three days ago?”

“Yeah, but I wanna keep this concept up. I like it! It’s cool no?” jaebum held his hands out to show his pride.

“Uh hu…sure…” Sunah replied back, unsure.

“Oh listen. I have a rap I’ve been working on!” ‘For you…’ jaebum finished in his mind. Instantly, Sunah’s brilliant smile returned to her face.

“Awesome! Let’s hear it!”

“It’s not finished but okay…uhm…” jaebum braced himself. “Yo, yo, yo! I met this girl the other day, she was so pretty that I had to stay, just gotta say ‘yay’…uhm…yo, yo, yo.”

Sunah raised an eyebrow and frowned a bit.
“Uh, that’s all?”

“Yeah,” jaebum puffed.

“It’s…great…uhm…PUAHAHAHHAHAHAA!” Sunah broke out in a huge laugh.

“What?” jaebum frowned and pouted, “I worked hard on it!”

“I didn’t know you had a way with lyrics,” Sunah manged to choke out.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay stop laughing. I’ll make up another one and recite it to you next time okay?”

“Okay, deal!” Sunah turned around and laughed down the hallway.

‘I worked hard on it.’ jaebum repeated in his head. ‘Guess it really was bad.’ He managed to crack a smile. ‘Ah…FAILED!!!!!!!’ jaebum collapsed on the floor and gripped his head. ‘I’m so uncool…’