We're Together

A "Love" Story

Pacing back and forth, Sunah sighed.

‘Where is that girl, Yumi!’ She groaned. ‘She’s late for practice, AGAIN! How am I going to handle her? We’re scheduled to debut in less than a month!’

“Sunah-Unni, where’s Yumi?” Eun Jung’s face suddenly popped in front of Sunah’s own bewildered face.

“I don’t know…she SHOULD be here…but she’s probably with Nichkhun. Gosh, I wish she were here. How am I going to cover for her if JYP walks in the door right now or soon?”

“Calm down, Sunah. Just wait, and we’ll give Yumi a little reprimanding when she gets here, and then everything’s good. You shouldn’t be beating yourself up about this.”

“Bomi-Unni! Why weren’t you chosen as the leader?” Sunah wailed.

“Just because I’m the oldest, doesn’t mean I’m instantly qualified to be the leader.”

“But you can actually stay CALM in this situation. Look at me!”

“You’ll be fine. You just need to get the hang of it.”

Sighing again, Sunah returned to pacing around the room. Suddenly she found herself forgetting Yumi’s absence, and remembered that day…


“Hey listen. I kinda got something to tell you, but just letting you know I am kind of being forced to…My members told me to…yeah, well anyways, let’s just grab some coffee and sit down?” jaebum’s eyes twinkled.

“Sure.” Sunah returned his gaze with a smile. “Let’s go.”

As Sunah settled in the coffee shop’s chair, she waited for jaebum to come back with their drinks.

“Ahem,” jaebum cleared his throat as he set down the drinks and sat in the chair right next to Sunah’s. “So, how’s your debut preparations coming along?”

“Oh, great. We still need some more practice, JYP’s coming to give us some final coaching next week.”

“I hear you’re the leader of your group,” jaebum looked Sunah in the eye.

“Yes, though I’m nervous. It’s an honor to be chosen, however I don’t know anything about leading a group or anything. I’m nervous I won’t be able to handle the responsibility!” Sunah looked back into jaebum’s eyes with a worried expression. “Any words of wisdom from you?”

“Well,” jaebum started, “You need to make sure that you don’t pressure your member’s too much, but do give them critical feedback. You should always be open to your member’s ideas and should be there for them when they need someone to talk to and etc. Mostly, don’t really think of yourself as the leader or anything. You don’t want to get used to the idea that just because you’re the leader, anything goes.”

Sunah shyly smiled as jaebum lectured.

‘He’s cute. The way he talks is great, he certainly knows what he’s doing.’

“Uhm, anyways, this wasn’t really what I wanted to talk to you about,” jaebum interrupted Sunah’s thoughts, his brow wrinkling.

“Oh, of course. I’m so sorry, I kind of got off topic I guess.” Sunah apologized.

“No problem. Listen, I talked with my members about this and I want to know your opinion.”

“Sure, go ahead!”

“Well, I kind of like this girl now,” jaebum smiled.

‘Great,’ Sunah thought, ‘I’m just a friend who he can come to talk to if he needs love life advice and stuff.’

“But I’m not sure if she likes me back. I’m afraid if I confess she’ll turn me down or something.”

“Why would she do that?” Sunah tried to sound casual, “You’re a great guy jaebum! Any girl would be crazy not to like you!”

“Yeah, well that’s a problem. What if she feels pressured or something being with me? What if she gets bullied by super crazy fans? What if…”

“jaebum!” Sunah interrupted.

“Yeah…” jaebum looked up with a sheepish expression, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to rant…”

“It’s not that you were ranting. You’re just worried. I can tell you really like this girl from your concern about ‘what ifs’ and etc. You should confess.” Internally Sunah kicked herself, ‘Great, good job. That was just a free ticket to losing him. Now he’s going to go confess to this lucky girl and I’ll be stuck by myself.’

“Really?” jaebum’s eyes widened.

“Really, why not? The worst that can happen is that she’ll say ‘no.’ If she does say ‘no’, well, it’s better than not having asked at all.”

“I guess, but still…” jaebum hesitated.

“Do it. Confess.” Sunah firmly demanded.

“Alright, here it goes then!”

Astounded, Sunah breathed in.

‘What?!?!?!? He’s confessing to….ME?!?!?!?!’



“Sunah?” Bomi raised an eyebrow.

“Uh? What?” Sunah realized that she had been spacing out, and was now wearing a goofy smile on her face.

“You like a little more relaxed now…but you don’t need that cheesy smile.”

“Oh, uh right then!” Sunah straighted up and she caught a glance of Yumi rushing towards the door. “Look who’s come to practice now…” ‘I’ll tell Yumi in private some time.’


jaebum’s side of the story:

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!??!?!?!” Taeceyon’s voice bellowed out.

Startled by the outburst of his friend, jaebum’s eyes widened and he took a few steps back.

“Uh, yeah, it’s true,” He hesitantly replied.

“So noisy, Taeceyon,” Junho entered the 2PM dance studio, plugging his ears. “I could hear you from down the hallway.”

“Yeah really, Taeceyon. Ouch, my ears,” Junsu grimaced.

“I didn’t mind so much,” Chansung said as he munched on some mangoes.

“Well guys, guess what – AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” Taeceyon freaked out again.

“What?” Chansung looked confused.

“Stop DOING that!” Wooyoung made his famous crying face.

“Why’re you eating my mangoes?” Taeceyon whinned.

“I just found them lying around the house. C’mon Taeceyon, you know I’ll just grab anything when I’m hungry.”

“B-b-b-b-b-b-but!” Taeceyon complained.

“Leave it alone, Taeceyon,” Nichkhun sighed. “You’re not going to get them back now, unless you want to make him throw them up, and that would be nasty!”

“Ew, true,” Taeceyon agreed, then he shook his head. “This isn’t what I was freaking out before though. It seems like our leadja got a girlfriend!”

“WHAT?!?!?!” All members shouted.

“Ouch, now that hurts my ears,” jaebum twitched, “Anyways, I guess it’s thanks to you guys, you pushed me to confess and I did.” jaebum smiled and began to tell the story of his confession.


Heart trembling, jaebum wiped his sweaty palms on his pants. Trying to make conversation with Sunah, he realized that he was getting more comfortable, however, WAY of topic.

Shaking his head he continued to steer the conversation in the right way again.

“Uhm, anyways, this wasn’t really what I wanted to talk to you about,” jaebum squinted.

“Oh, of course. I’m so sorry, I kind of got off topic I guess.”

“No problem. Listen, I talked with my members about this and I want to know your opinion.”

“Sure, go ahead!”

“Well, I kind of like this girl now,” jaebum tried to smile, but inside his heart was beating so fast. ‘I hope she can’t hear it!’ He worried. “But I’m not sure if she likes me back. I’m afraid if I confess she’ll turn me down or something.”

“Why would she do tha? You’re a great guy jaebum! Any girl would be crazy not to like you!”

“Yeah, well that’s a problem. What if she feels pressured or something being with me? What if she gets bullied by super crazy fans? What if…” ‘What if you get hurt because of me? I wouldn’t be able to live with myself!’

“jaebum!”

“Yeah…Sorry. I didn’t mean to rant…” jaebum felt embarrassed. ‘I’m overreacting aren’t I?’

“It’s not that you were ranting. You’re just worried. I can tell you really like this girl from your concern about ‘what ifs’ and etc. You should confess.”

“Really?” jaebum felt a boost of energy from this comment.

“Really, why not? The worst that can happen is that she’ll say ‘no.’ If she does say ‘no’, well, it’s better than not having asked at all.”

“I guess, but still…” jaebum became nervous again.

“Do it. Confess.”

“Alright, here it goes then!” jaebum blew in some air. Sunah’s surprised expression wasn’t really helping either. “I like you, Sunah. A lot.” His voiced rushed out. “Please, will you consider going out with me?” Sqeezing his eyes shut, he didn’t have the courage to look her in the eyes.

“Oh my. This is sudden,” He heard Sunah’s voice tremble a bit.

‘That’s all? I just threw away my manly pride for this confession and all I get is a ‘this is sudden’ reply?’ “It’s a yes or no question. Do you have an answer?” He quietly pushed.

“Yes…” Was the one word answer that responded.

Unable to contain his happiness, jaebum grabbed Sunah in a huge hug and didn’t let go for at least 2 minutes.

“Uh, jaebum. You’re squishing me a bit,” A muffled voice came from beneath his arms.

“Oops, sorry!” He immediately let go, but didn’t stop smiling. “Oh and one more thing. You’re not allowed to address me as ‘jaebum’ anymore. It’s too formal.”
“Well, what do I call you now?” Sunah shyly smiled.

“Just ‘Jay’ is fine. And I’ll call you…hmm…How can we shorten ‘Sunah’ to a nickname.”

“…Jay…” Sunah whispered.

“Mmm?” He replied.

“Nothing. Just wanted to try it out.” Sunah looked down in embarrassment. “You can call me…Sunny?”

“Sunny? There’s a SNSD member named Sunny!” jaebum began, and was returned with a ‘are you serious?’ look from Sunah. ‘Whoops…’ he thought. “Sunny it is. Cute!!!!!!”

Sunah smiled back at him, and jaebum’s heart fluttered again. ‘She’s so pretty…’ Taking her hand, jaebum led Sunah out of the coffee shop door and into the afternoon’s blue sky for their first date.



“How romantic!” Chansung chirped.

“Indeed…” Junsu added.

“You must be happy then Hyung,” Junhu smiled.

“Nice going man! I knew you could do it!” Nichkhun patted jaebum’s back.

“Woah, woah, woah!” Taeceyon didn’t really have a comment.

“Thanks guys. You’ll meet her formally next time!”

“AWESOME!” Taeceyon pumped his fist into the air.

“Uh…really, Taeceyon? She’s not your girlfriend, nor will she be.” jaebum frowned at ’s enthusiasm.

“Oh, right of course,” Taeceyon calmed down. “Yay, can’t wait to meet her!”

“Much better…” jaebum nodded. “C’mon guys, let’s practice. Story time is over!”