3

Strange Fate (HIATUS)

Hello *bows* 

So here's a short update on the story. Sorry for making you wait.

I've been so busy :| Anyway, enjoy!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The whole restaurant fell into deep silent when the guy walked in and asked for Chae.

 

Anna looked at the unexpected visitor suspiciously. Hmm, who the hell is this guy? One, he looks like a creep with dark shades and that ugly Inspector Gadget-hat-look-a-like. Secondly, he doesn’t look familiar and lastly, who the heck is he?! Why he wants to meet Chae? Did she get herself in trouble? Hmmm

 

 

 

“Err, here” Chae raised her hand so that the guy could see her. Slowly she walked to his direction and stands in front of him with a bright smile. That is one of Chaerin’s skills that everyone could not fathom; she can smile brightly to anyone, even with strangers or with the roadside cleaning workers while others can’t simply do that

 

 

“Hello, my name is Lee Chaerin. Come; let’s talk at somewhere else, privately”

She leads the guy to the café’s private room while everyone stare at them blankly; trying to decipher what is going on.

 

 

Once they enter the room, both of them seated facing one another. Though she doesn’t understands what is going on and who is this guy, she remains relax and still have the bright smile on her face.

 

The guy was star struck seeing the bright smile on her face and almost forget the reason why he came looking for her. Finally he got over the feelings he felt when he saw her smile and focus on what he has to tell her.

 

*cough*

 

“Hmm, I’m sorry to take your time Miss Lee but I have important things to talk with you”

“Call me Chaerin” She smiled at the guy.

 

 

Once again he was star struck but quickly gets over with it. Crap, if she keeps smiling like that at me, I don’t know if I can leave this café alive. Breathe dude, breathe.

 

 

“Miss L... Err Chaerin, my name is Jonghyun. I’m a representative from LK Corporation. You sent us a resume a little while ago, remember?”

“Of course I remember but I thought I was rejected. I’ve received the rejection letter too.”

 

Jonghyun smiled at her response. Hopefully she won’t flip out with what I’m going to tell her. Oh God, help me.

 

“Err, yes you were rejected for the position but my boss decided to give you another position with err, special perks. He thinks you are the best candidate for the position.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Flashback]

 

“Lee Jonghyun”

His movement died when he heard his name called. Oh God, did I do something wrong today? Carefully and cautiously, he turned his head towards the person who called his name.

 

 

“Yes Mr. Jiyong, can I help you?”

“My room. Now”

 

 

 

He felt like there’s a slump in his throat. God, I’m not ready to die yet. Please have some mercy on me. With that he walked to Jiyong’s room and knocked.

 

 

“Come in. Have a seat”

He pulled the chair carefully and sits down as told. “Yes Mr Jiyong. How can I help you?”

 

 

“Hmm, do you remember a girl named Lee Chaerin during the interview we did back then?” He asked in casual tone while going through some files on his table.

 

 

“I do. Err, why?”

“I’m giving you err, let’s call it a mission. An important one I must stressed”

 

 

Jonghyun gulped down and starts sweating. A mission about Chaerin? The girl who came to the interview for the Assistant Accountant position but was rejected because she didn’t look as y as the girl that was chosen? What sorcery is this? Help!

 

 

 

“Sure Mr. Jiyong. What is the mission?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Persuade her to work with us. I want her to work with Mr. Lee. A special job I must say. ”

“What position is that Mr. Jiyong?”

 

 

 

[End of flashback]

 

 

 

Chaerin looks dumbfounded with what Jonghyun just told her. Best candidate for the position? A position that have special perks? Huh? Chaerin was quiet at first before regaining her composure and starts to process everything that Jonghyun just said.

 

 

God, save me from whatever the outcomes are.  I was never good at persuading people. Why does Mr. Jiyong must torture me like this? Help!

 

 

 

“Hmm, okay then. I’ll take the job but I need to know what the job is.” She said calmly.

Jonghyun was surprised that she agrees. This girl is definitely something. How could she agree easily? I hope she won’t change her mind when I told her what her job is. Jonghyun was battling with himself on how to tell Chaerin when his phone suddenly rings. He immediately picks up his phone.

 

 

 

“Hello?”

“Hello Jonghyun. How’s everything?”

 My God, it’s Mr. Jiyong! Jonghyun was a bit panicked with the phone call that he forgot that he is still with Chaerin. Chaerin on the other hand looks at him weirdly. Eh, this guy is weird. Why would he sweat after receiving a phone call?

 

 

 

“Err, everything is okay. Can I call you back? Bye!” He quickly shut off his phone before he could hear Jiyong’s response. I’m a dead meat! Omma, save your son! He still wants to live!

 

 

 

 

“Jonghyun, are you okay?” Chaerin’s question startled him. “Emm, yeah. I’m okay” “Who’s that?” “Err, a friend of mine. Oh, let’s get back at our topic earlier. So, you agree to take the job?”

 

 

 

Chaerin looks at Jonghyun weirdly. This guy is really weird! “Err, yes. I told you that before. You sure you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine. Don’t worry.” He took a deep breath before continuing his ‘duty’.

 

 

 

“Okay then. Here are the perks of your job. Firstly, you can come late to the office, depending on what time your boss arrives. Secondly, you don’t have any dress code. You can wear anything or nothing, depends on you.” Chaerin’s brow arched upon listening to the perks. What kind of job that has this kind of perks she thought.

 

“Thirdly, a driver will be provided for you. So you don’t have to take the public transportations. Fourth, you can go home early, depending on your boss. Fifth, your pay is double from what the Assistant Accountant received and triple from what you received her and lastly, well, this is not the perk but you must have high level of patience and tolerance with your boss. He can be err, a little weird. Sooo, you’re in or out?”

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun looked at Chaerin’s face and realized that she didn’t have any expression plastered on her face. Oh crap, she’s backing out. I am so dead once I get back at the office. He sighed.

 

What kind of perks are those? Chaerin was astounded upon hearing the perks. The only job with that kind perks is… Chaerin’s eyes were wide open when she thought of the job that has that kind of perks.

 

 

“Oh my god, does your boss wants me to be his mistress?!”

 

 

Jonghyun who was drinking, almost spit out the water hearing that question. He gulped down the water carefully and looked at her. God, where does that come from? A mistress?! Is this girl insane?!

 

 

 

“Of course not Chaerin.”

“Oh, okay. Hmmm, as long as not as your boss’s mistress or secret lover, I’m fine with it. Now could you please tell me what my job is?”

God, save Lee Jonghyun from the outcome of the news. I hope she won’t kill me. He took a deep breath before looking at her, wearing a serious look on his face and spills the beans.

 

 

 

 

“You will be Mr. Lee’s personal assistant and secretary altogether. You will have to start your job starting err, tomorrow.” He told her in one breath. Fuhh, God please. Don’t make her change her mind now.

 

 

 

“Her job is to be Mr. Lee’s personal assistant and secretary since he already fired his 5th secretary yesterday.”

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

P/S: I'm sorry if this chapter is crappy :|

Finallly found some time to update but 'll be gone soon. So no updates in a while. Sorry :|

Do let me know if there's any grammar or spelling error