Unexpected Intervention

Off Days

The soft night breeze ruffled Junsu's hair as he paced the lawn with a sheet of paper in hand. For the past hour, he had tried to memorise the lyrics of his new song whilst waiting for the mistress of the house to clock in her presence. His efforts seems to be for naught as bits of conversation with Yoo Chun this afternoon kept invading his thoughts.

After breakfast, he had filled in the rest of his morning by thrashing other gamers online with the help of his brother. That was proceeded with a late lunch of homemade bibimbap, followed by reruns on the idiot box.

A promotional clip of wifey's variety appearance had triggered his curiosity. Would his name still be associated with wifey's if he googled her? It was an intriguing thought. One that prompted him to make a meticulous sweep of the net. The end results however had annoyed him.

His name had appeared in the search but was ranked low on a list consisting of other idols, most currently on the rise. It was an unavoidable aspect that both of them had faced and would continue to encounter in their career but nevertheless, seeing her paired off with other men always raises his hackles. He had called up Yoo Chun to rant but ended up with an earful.

"Instead of worrying about the other men she MIGHT or might NOT meet, you should concentrate your efforts on building your relationship!" Yoo Chun had chided on the other end.

"But i DO work hard"

"I dont think jumping her everytime you meet constitute as working hard!"

"Why doesnt that count? i put in alot of energy for that!"

"Ya! To satisfy yourself, you mean." scoffed Yoo Chun.

"It also means that she's so hot that i cant keep my hands off her." countered Junsu.

And that was the truth, he thought silently.

Since reconciling a year ago, Junsu had fallen harder in love with her. When they were apart, he thought of her constantly and had texted her whenever he could. When they were together, he had found her presence hard to resist and had trouble keeping his feelings to himself. Not that he wasn't touchy feely. He always was where she was concern but past experience had taught him to keep a low-profile when out in public.

"When was the last time you went out on a date with her?"

You know we can't really go out often..." Junsu started.

"Do you remember where you went?"

"Urm....."

"I bet you don't even remember what you did!"

"I DO remember!" Junsu burst out before he could stop himself.

"What was it?" Yoo Chun asked slyly.

"Wellll...you know...." he hedged "...there really isn't much....urm....'Things' to do....."

"Hah! I knew it!" Yoo Chun guffawed. "You really cant keep it in your pants!"

He added chidingly "You really should go on a proper date once in awhile. Women like romantic gestures"

"Hey! That's unfair!" Junsu whined in protest "i AM romantic! We have candle-lit dinners together all the time and i give her shoulder massages.

"And what do you do after? Command her to strip immediately?" Yoo Chun goaded.

"What do you take me for? I spend alot time creating the mood with....urm....you know.... kisses and fo..." he couldn't continue as Yoo Chun's laughter drowned out the rest of his words.

"Get your mind out of the gutter!" Yoo Chun gasped between bouts of mirth. "Do you always end up getting physical on her? he asked in disbelief.

"What i meant was that you should take her out to the movies or go grocery shopping together. Take a walk in the park or by the beach! Have dinner together by all means but don't proceed to rip her clothes off at the end."

Junsu could practically see the grin on Yoo Chun's face through the phone. He really is getting a kick out of this, Junsu thought darkly.

They argued for a bit until Yoo Chun's continuous needling finally pushed Junsu over the edge and he hung up in embarrassment.

Thinking back, Junsu wondered if Yoo Chun was right? Did she find his attentions burdening? Did she think that he was a beast? He concedes that he might be a tad too ardent but wasn't it normal for a man to lust after the woman he loves? Heck, if any other man were to date HER, they would react the same way.

Junsu didn't like that last thought.

The sound of paper crackling pulled his attention back to the present and he glanced down to see the lyrics sheet he had in hand crumpled into a ball. He mouthed a curse and tried to smooth it out on his lap when a pair of hands covered his vision. Or attempted to cover his vision. A small body leaned heavily on his back and from his bend position, Junsu could make out a pair shapely legs balancing on tiptoes between his. He grinned. Only wifey has legs that pale and short.

He leaned forward, trying to tip her onto his back. She squealed as her toes left the ground and he felt her loosening her grip. The fear of falling over made her instinctively wrap her arms round his neck just as Junsu linked his hands below her bum and lifted her onto his back.

He heard her laugh right by his ear.

"Shorty should have brought a stool." he teased.

Small hands beat against his back and she laughingly replied "That's what you're for, isn't it? To give me a lift where i cant reach."

"Did the training end late?" Junsu asked, still grinning

"Yeah. There were concert rehearsals. I gave them the old bathroom slip after dinner and had Hyo drop me."

"How is she and the rest of the girls?"

"Tired as usual. But plodding along. Anyway...." she stressed, struggling to lean over his shoulder to see his face "Don't you miss me? Why are you asking me about other women??"

Junsu turned his face and saw her pout from the corner of his eye.

"Its only courteous to ask after our little helpers." he said innocently "I still need them for future assistance."

Oh?" she replied playing along. "What sort of assistance do you need?"

"Like physical protection when news break out that you're pregnant with my kid" he answered jokingly. "Although, i'm not sure they'll be on my side then" Junsu cringed as she whacked him on the back.

"Hah! They'll be the first in line to skin you alive." she retorted.

"What about you? Don't you miss me?"

"Didn't you see the breadth of my longing in the fridge?"

"I was expecting something more tangible. You know....like kisses?" he hinted

"What? Like this?" she said giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Hmm...a little more substantial."

She gave him a longer kiss this time, complete with smooching sounds. It sounded like a lollipop nearing its last . "Muuuuaaahhhhh....Like this?"

Junsu nodded slowly "Keep going..."

She wriggled a little as she clambered higher on his back and braced her arms on his shoulders. With one hand, she reached across to turn his face towards her and started to rain kisses on his jaw.

The sounds of smooching mixed with Junsu's merriment filled the night air.

Oppa,..." she said through muffled giggles "...you really need to wash up before bed tonite."

"Why?"

"I was wearing lipstick when i walked through the door. I don't think i am anymore."

He gave a surprised chortle before lowering her to the ground. As he turned to face her, she reached up to wipe the kiss marks off his face. He linked his hands behind her back and pulled her against his chest. Her hands stayed their rubbing as he brought his face to hers.

Their lips met in a quick soft kiss, of lovers greeting after a long time apart. Junsu nudged her nose with his and playfully bit her lip. She in turn, blew a raspberry against his and mischievuosly tried to duck as he attempted to return the favor.

They play-kissed for a while with Junsu trying to land a smooch whilst she tried to avoid his. It turned out that her movements were limited due to the confined space within his embrace and Junsu managed to swoop in for a kiss at her momentary lapse in concentration.

Her embarassed laughter pattered out as he continued to place light kisses on , each one slightly longer than the last. He felt her hesitantly flick her tongue against the crease between his lips and desire spiked through his being. It was a long while before he managed to drag his lips away from hers.

Pulling her hands away from his neck, Junsu enveloped her in a tight hug as he leaned his cheek against her temple. He needed to calm down. If he looked into her eyes now, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from going further.

More than anything, Junsu wanted to kill his bestie at this very moment. In the midst of sliding his hands down her bum, Yoo Chun's voice had suddenly cut through his fervor.

"You really cant keep it in your pants, can you?"

Drat

Junsu tried to shrug it off and resume inching downwards but the words that continued to drum in his brain, stayed his hands.

...."I bet you don't even remember what you did......."
...."Do you always end up getting physical on her?"
...."Women like romantic gestures....."

The words now had a challenging tone to it and had the same effect of a wet fish being thrown in his face. That had put a definite damper on his desires. He closed his eyes and scrunched up his face, mouth settling into a grimace.

I probably AM a beast.

He felt her curious gaze on him as she turned to prop her chin on his chest.

"Let's catch a movie tomorrow." He burst out, pretending to look at the horizon.

"HUh?? A movie?"

He glanced down into eyes wide with surprise "Didn't you say that you wanted to watch that Cha Tae Hyun movie?"

She blinked at him, slightly baffled and answered hesitantly "Well...yes, i did but__"

"Its been a while since we went out together. We could have your favourite patbingsoo after lunch."

She straightened in his arms "Wha...?? Oppa, why the sudden__"

"Come on." He coaxed giving her an encouraging nudge. "We could do the spy thing like we used to. It'll be fun."

She looked at him like he had taken leave of his senses, lips hung slightly open.

"Do you have a schedule tomorrow?" he asked raising an eyebrow

"No...but__"

"Then it's settled. We'll catch the morning matinee."

Releasing her from his embrace, he took her hand and led her into the house.

"It is best to have a good night's rest as we have an early day tomorrow. You wash up first." He urged flipping on the bathroom lights.

"Hang on, Oppa!! I don't understand. Why__"

"I'll go clear up the papers in the yard." He said cutting her off before closing the door firmly in her face. His hand stayed on the knob and he waited tensely in front of the bathroom. An expletive followed soon after.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??"

Junsu cringed and mentally berated himself.

That was an awkward move but what could he do? His first instinct was to put some immediate distance between them so he could calm himself down but force of habit had led his feet to their bedroom. He tried to backpedal by locking her in the bathroom. It was either that or the closet. Junsu clenched his fist and gave himself a talking to.

"I can do romantic without jumping her." he whispered silently "No problem. We've been on dates before. It'll be a breeze. There is nothing to worry about...."

Although... her irresistible pout could present a problem. And those expressive eyes. What about that perky bum. It had been such a long time....

He gave himself a mental shake. "Get it together, Kim Junsu", he rallied. "You can do it. We'll make Yoo Chun eat his words."

At the sound of running water, his grip loosen on the handle. It didn't seem like she'll be bursting out of the bathroom anytime soon to demand an answer. At least, not for the next 1/2 hour. He made his way to the kitchen and tore off a piece of paper towel to wipe his face. He made a mental note to get into bed after she had fallen asleep. It was the safest route for his sanity.

Behind the closed portal, eyes stared unseeingly into the deluge of water beating down on an empty stall.

Kim Junsu.... Tae Yeon thought narrowing her eyes What are you up to?