{ ★→Four←★ }

Lost Stars

She'd been cooking in the kitchen when the doorbell rang and she answered to find a man in a tuxedo, holding out a bouquet of white lilies, and a small black box. He wasn't bad looking, maybe in his early 20's with dark hair and eyes, and tan-ish skin, not that she noticed, she was momentarily confused at the scene, snapping out of it once his smooth voice speaks, "These are for you."

"Who are you..?" she asks warily taking the things as he practically shoved them at her, though not rudely, just how he kept his arms out with them kind of annoyed her.

"Myung Park," he speaks.

She wasn't sure why his last name rang a bell, but it did..faintly..

"Right..so um who sent-" she gets cut off as another man standing by a black car with tinted windows, bearing small North Korean flags on the front, called him back. 

"I'll hope to hear an answer when we next meet," he gives a small bow and then turns and returns to the car, driving off before she could even step out and demand what he meant.

She looks down at the black box, opening it to find a ring, with the message 'I hope you'll make a lovely bride" on the inside lid.

What the hell..

Two seconds later the phone rings and she shuts the  door and goes to answer it,

"Hello?"

"Mi-hi, how are you? You haven't called us in a month! What kept you?" her mother asks in a worried tone, "You're not stressing out yourself out are you? Between working and studying and all?"

"Aniyo omoni, I'm not, I'm fine, don't worry," she answers.

"That's good to hear sweetie, so has anything interesting happened lately? And any word on that boy..Jai?" she questions.

"No, nothing yet," she answers, noticing the usual detesting tone in her mother's voice when she mentioned him.

"And then nothing of any importance happen?" she presses.

"Like what.." she speaks, shouldering the phone and inspecting the ring. Noticing the company name written in small print inside the top lining, she drops it while her mother speaks,

"Oh just anything at all, any little thing or event," she speaks.

"No. Nothing other than you sending a random guy to propose to me!" she speaks bitterly.

"What?" her mom replies in a half shocked tone, "Someone proposed?"

"Mom you know I'm not looking to get married anytime soon!"

"But, dear you're not getting any younger-"

"I'm 19! I've got plenty of time." 

"Myung Park is a wealthy military leader's son. You will marry him or we'll cut off your finances, do you hear me?"

"I have my own job, I don't need your money."

"You work at my sister's store, and you and I both know, the economic status isn't helping with employment."

"That doesn't mean that I-"

"Your father and I know everyone in this city. You have no choice but to listen to us, Min-hi. It's been six months, it's time to move on." her mother speaks flatly, and it felt like someone had twisted her insides. She felt sick, but replied back in a monotone voice, "I have food burning, good bye." she hangs up and stares at the ring the North Korean Dictator's son had presented her.

How did he even get here...

---------------------

A/N: I think most of my chapter's will be of this length from now on...