{ ★→Two←★ }

Lost Stars

{Past}

-----------------------

"It won't be forever," he points out, hunched over his suitcase, patting down a pile of clothes.

"Four years," I point out.

"That's not forever, besides, you know it's mandatory to enlist," he runs a hand through his hair, it'd been cut according to the military standard, no longer hanging loosely around his face and then adds,, "if not now, then later," the light from the window behind him puts him in darkness, showing him as a sillhouette and only a few details on his face.

"I know.." she sighs, "can you write letters?" she asks

"I think so," he nods, zipping up his bag, finalizing his goodbye as he did so.

"Four years and you'll be back, right?" she bites her lip

He stands infront of her looking down and chuckles, kissing the top of her head, "That's right, four and then i'll be back here with you, alright? Try not to get married off while I'm gone," he smirks

"I'll try not to," she nods, "but you know I can't promise anything"

----------------------------

{Present}

--------------------

She sets the flowers infront of the picture of him she had on her table. He was dressed in his military uniform, smiling with two others also in uniform, a smudge of dirt on his left cheek. She looked around her room a bit, wondering if her apartment had always been so quiet..or was it just more quiet than usual today..

She falls onto her back, staring at the ceiling, wondering, not for the first time, if he was alive, some how..some way..

She grabs the stuffed bear from the corner of her bed where she always kept it and hugs it tightly, remembering the day in high school he'd given it to her.

Even if he'd been declared MIA she couldn't believe it, not without solid proof-though that made no sense, she didn't understand why her mind kept thinking MIA and dead were the same things..maybe because he could be dead right now..she closes her eyes, he's not dead..he's missing..missing..not dead. With that idea she closes her eyes, and clings to the idea, praying he was safe, alive at the very least..



A/N: Okay longer chapter, what do you all think..good? I know I havent gotten that far yet, so it might be too early to ask that, i'll upload another chapter later today that might be just a bit more interesting ♥