Place Your Bet

Place Your Bet

Women…Ugh! I am absolutely sick and tired of them!” scowled Jiyong dramatically, as he collapsed onto the sleek, black leather seat that his friends had reserved for him at their favourite nightclub.

While the loud, upbeat music and terrible lighting weren’t exactly pleasant at the best of times, the guys had been coming here for years, and enjoyed the general vibe of the place…as weird as it was!

His best friend, Seunghyun, simply rolled his eyes at his extremely late friend. The two other men sitting at the table looked up and greeted their newly arrived companion with a grin, before turning back to their quite attractive ‘better-halves’.

“Did you have an argument with Chaerin?” asked Daesung sympathetically, turning to face his grumpy friend, as his date excused herself to go to the bathroom.

Jiyong just huffed and looked away, annoyance clearly written all across his face. Enough said.

“What did you do this time?” asked Seunghyun with a sigh, before quickly checking his watch – where was Bom?! She was fifteen minutes late, and she was never late!

“I didn’t do anything!” replied Jiyong defensively, as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. “According to her, I don’t have any real feelings?! What the is that supposed to mean anyway?! And she also stated that I am too insensitive! I mean seriously, she obviously has no idea what she’s on about!”

“Well to be honest…” began Seunghyun, but a furious ‘don’t you dare start’ glare from his friend shut him up immediately.

“I most definitely have feelings! I mean…I feel hungry, slee-”

“Ji, those ones don’t count!” said Daesung with a chuckle, as he leaned across the table and took a swig from Seungri’s drink – the younger being too busy flirting with his latest girlfriend to pay attention to what was happening around.

“They most certainly do!” retorted Jiyong haughtily as he glared daggers at both of his laughing friends. “It doesn’t matter anyway…she dumped me about ten minutes ago.”

“Ji…” said Seunghyun with a grimace, feeling guilty for laughing at his friend when he’d just been dumped. “I’m really sorry…I had no idea.”

“Hyung…me too,” added Daesung, as he hung his head in shame.

“Meh, it’s ok,” replied Jiyong dismissively as he beckoned a waitress over and ordered a drink. “I’m already over it.”

“Are you sure?” inquired Seunghyun nervously, not ready for his friend to have an emotional breakdown in front of him.

“Of course I’m sure!” replied Jiyong, as he gulped down his drink that the y waitress had just given him, while checking out her as she sashayed away. “The relationship has just been deteriorating for ages…it was inevitable.”

Oh-kay,” said Daesung suspiciously, still not believing that his hyung was completely okay with the relationship break-up.

“Believe me…I’m much better off!” Jiyong said with a cocky grin spreading across his face. “Women are too much effort…and they are expensive too!”

“I beg to differ!” scolded an amused Bom as she arrived at their table gave Seunghyun a chaste kiss on the mouth.

She was closely followed by Daesung’s gorgeous date, who proceeded to take his arm and drag him to the dance floor. After shooting his friends an apologetic look, Daesung happily complied with his date’s unspoken request.

Jiyong had only one word for all of this. Whipped. Daesung had only been on two dates with this girl…and already he was hooked. It made him feel sad that his friend had fallen so easily…didn’t he know that women were these seductive temptresses destined to make men’s lives miserable?!

“Where’ve you been, babe?” questioned Seunghyun, as he wrapped his arm around his girlfriend’s waist and pulled her close. Bom giggled and snuggled into his embrace – causing Jiyong to gag at their cuteness.

“Sorry…my neighbour…well, it doesn’t matter. I’m here now,” she said with a warm smile, directed at Seunghyun, who returned it with one of his own.

“Well…like I was saying,” continued Jiyong, his upper lip curling in mock-disgust at his friend’s lovey-dovey actions. “Women are NOTHING but trouble! Hence, why I’ve made the incredibly intelligent decision to never become involved with one again!”

Seungri looked up, finally paying attention to the conversation that was taking place, and loudly snorted in amusement, while the others tried to stifle their laughter.

“What are you going to do then?! Become a monk?!” guffawed Seungri, oblivious of the infuriated glower that Jiyong was sending his way.

“I might as well!” snarled Jiyong – much to the group’s amusement.

“You and I both know that you couldn’t stay away, no matter how hard you try!” smirked Seunghyun, much to Jiyong’s utter annoyance.

“Wanna bet?!” growled the younger, jumping out of his chair so that he could tower over his hyung.

“Sure…why not?!” laughed Seunghyun, surprising everyone, as he too, stood up so that he could tower of his friend. “I bet that you cannot resist the temptation for one night!”

“I’ll take that bet,” hissed Jiyong as he glared up at Seunghyun. “If I win, if I can not be tempted by some girl, for the rest of tonight…you have to go around with a sign on your back saying ‘I’m Jiyong’s ’ for an entire week – even to work, no excuses!”

Bom gasped in shock – and maybe horror – at the terms that Jiyong was demanding, and prayed that her boyfriend had the better sense not to agree!

“Deal,” stated Seunghyun as he held out his hand for Jiyong to shake, to seal their agreement. “And if I win…you have to do one thing that I ask of you, but I won’t say what that is, just yet.”

Bom sighed deeply and rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. It wasn’t as if she had thought that he wouldn’t go ahead with it anyway, he was male after all!

“Fine,” said Jiyong with a smirk, as they shook hands firmly. “It appears that we have ourselves a little bet.”

“That we do,” remarked Seunghyun, confident that he would win. “Let the games begin!”

 


 

Seunghyun was frustrated. Extremely frustrated. It had been over two hours since he’d made the bet with Jiyong…and he was losing. And Seunghyun didn’t like to lose. Especially to his best friend.

He exhaled loudly, releasing his pent-up annoyance, as he watched Jiyong casually wave away another beautiful girl that had been flirting with him. How was this happening?! How in God’s name was Jiyong managing not to flirt with these girls?!

Jiyong was famous at the recording company where they both worked for being known to use his charms upon every, single, female employee under the age of thirty-five – not that it got him anywhere, really!

Their boss, Mr Dong, affectionately known to them as Taeyang, had once made the comment: ‘if my desk lamp wore a skirt, I’d have to hide it from you, Ji!’

But that was one of the things that caused quite a few issues with his relationship with Chaerin. But it wasn’t as if he did it on purpose…he was just naturally flirty. Some people are just like that. And Chaerin didn’t like that, in the end.

“Did you really think that he wouldn’t be able to resist for just one night?” asked Bom, as she handed him a drink and sat down next to him.

“I really thought that he would’ve lost by now…” muttered Seunghyun miserably, as he gulped down a mouthful of the bitter brew.

“Prepare to wear that sign!” mocked Jiyong mercilessly, as he flounced over to where his friend was sitting dejectedly. “You’ll be sporting it tomorrow!”

“There’s still time!” growled Seunghyun half-heartedly. “There might be someone here…”

“Doubtful,” laughed Jiyong, as he joined his friend with the intent of rubbing salt on his wounds. “It’ll take my one true love to walk through those doors for you to win, my dear friend.”

 

~

Suddenly, you walked in
That's when everybody stopped dancing
And I couldn't stop myself staring
Yeah I couldn't breath, No I couldn't believe my eyes!

~

 

The music blared loudly through speakers behind them, nearly sending all three of them prematurely deaf! And seeing as they had a direct view of the entrance, they were able to clearly see the next clubber who had just entered the premises. And the lyrics to the song…were exactly what Jiyong was feeling.

Long, glossy waves of chestnut brown hair, delicately framed her round, ovalish face. Cheeky and mischievous, melted chocolate-coloured eyes peeked out from behind exquisitely curved eyelashes and a pair of scarlet lips were curved in a smile as she gazed at her surroundings.

A plain black, V-necked dress that fell loosely from her waist down, but clung to her upper torso, accentuated her stunning, supermodel-like figure. While her slender legs were left bare, so that her creamy, pale skin could be seen – and admired!

Jiyong openly gaped at this breathtaking beauty that was heading towards him, and Seunghyun silently thanked whatever ‘higher-being’ that had sent this girl here tonight – it was truly a miracle!

“So…still think that I’m gonna lose?!” sniggered Seunghyun, as he watched his friend shakily get to his feet with his eyes still on the girl.

“ off,” Jiyong mumbled as his eyes traced every move that she made. “I’m still in this!”

Bom rolled her eyes and got up to join the others on the dance floor, leaving the pair to argue about their ridiculous bet! She’d come here to have fun, not watch her boyfriend and his moronic friend make complete idiots out of themselves!

Really?” teased Seunghyun with a smirk, as he watched Jiyong’s hands curl into fists at the sight of some random guy hitting on Jiyong’s newfound love-interest!

“Yes…maybe,” mumbled Jiyong indecisively, as he watched this girl, his girl – he saw her first! – giggle at whatever this goddamn prick was whispering into her ear.

Uh-huh,” nodded Seunghyun as he watched his friend’s internal struggle! He quietly prayed that Jiyong would just give in and go and talk to the girl…he’d win that way!

Jiyong glowered furiously at this innocent stranger’s back – well he wasn’t that innocent, he was trying to make a move on Jiyong’s girl! – and decided that he could live with the consequences of losing to his hyung.

“ it. You win,” grumbled Jiyong as he stared pointedly at the floor. “Tell me my punishment later…I’ve got a heart to win tonight!”

And with that, Jiyong sped off in the direction of the beautiful girl, hell-bent on making her his.

Yesss!” cheered Seunghyun as he pumped his into the air, thrilled at his victory.

And now for that one thing…

 


 


Hurry up, Ji,” called Dara over her shoulder, watching as her hopeless boyfriend attempted to catch up with her, while holding the utterly enormous pile of shopping bags in his arms.

“I’m…coming,” panted Jiyong, as he stumbled slightly, nearly tripping over his own feet.

“We’re going to be late!” she said, watching in amusement as he dropped one of the bags and was struggling to retrieve it from the floor.

“Are you sure that you don’t want me to help you?” she asked, feeling a tinge of guilt that he was carrying all of her shopping while she wasnt carrying a thing, even though he had insisted.

“I’m fine,” he gasped with a shake of his head. “No need.”

“If you say so…” she replied, rolling her eyes at his inability to accept help from anybody, even his girlfriend.

They continued hurrying towards the food court, where they had agreed to meet the rest of the group. Upon arrival, Jiyong was met with a thoroughly amused Seunghyun.

Bras ‘N’ Things?” chuckled Seunghyun, as he inspected one of the bags that had fallen out of Jiyong’s arms. “I didn’t know that you were into that sort of thing…”

off,” Jiyong grunted, as he dumped the bags onto the reserved table.

“Look, if you want to be a cross-dresser, then be my guest,” his friend sniggered, as he picked up a saucy, black bra and waved it in front of Jiyong’s face. “I respect that you have the courage to be yourself.”

Hey!” shrieked Dara, as both she and Bom noticed Seunghyun waving around one of Dara’s lady undergarments. “Give me that!”

Dara reached up and quickly snatched her bra out of Seunghyun’s grasp, all the while glowering furiously at him.

“I’m not impressed,” snapped Bom, as she glared daggers at her boyfriend, while a blushing Dara stuffed the bra back into the bag.

Yeah…that was for my eyes only!” Jiyong added quietly, so that only Seunghyun heard his words.

Whatever,” his friend muttered darkly, sulking that his girlfriend had reprimanded him for what he had viewed as a harmless prank. “Let’s get some food.”

Jiyong nodded his agreement, and the pair left the two girls in search of food.

“By the way,” Seunghyun began, as they waited in line. “I’ve thought of your punishment for losing the bet.”

Jiyong stiffened, stunned that his friend had remembered the bet. It had been a couple of months, since that night…since they had made that bet. And a lot of things had changed since then.

He’d managed to get Dara’s number that night, and he’d called her the next day to ask her out - despite the fact that his friends had mocked him for sounding 'desperate'. A couple of dinner dates later, and the pair had made it known that they were officially an ‘item’. Much to Seunghyun’s amusement.

~

What happened to never becoming involved with a woman ever again?’

‘That was before I met Dara…things change and people change. And I’m glad that I did.’

‘You’re whipped. D’ya know that?’

‘Whipped and proud of it.’

‘Welcome to the club. We have jackets.’

~

But he’d never mentioned the bet since then. Leaving Jiyong to come to the conclusion that his friend had forgotten about it. But that wasn’t the case. Seunghyun never forgot.

So…Uhhhh, what a-are you going to make me do?” Jiyong asked nervously.

“Oh…you won’t like it,” replied Seunghyun with an evil chuckle. “You won’t like it at all…”

And he wouldn’t say anything else on the subject, leaving Jiyong to sweat and panic about his punishment. But Seunghyun was right…knowing him, he wouldn’t like it one bit.

 


 

“There is no way that I am going to do that,” hissed Jiyong, while Seunghyun smirked at him, after recently informing him of that one thing that he had to do as a result of losing that bet.

It was about three weeks since Seunghyun had mentioned to Jiyong that he’d come up with a punishment, and he’d flat-out refused to give him any details since. Until today. At approximately 7 am. At first Jiyong had just laughed about it…but now that the time had come…Jiyong was feeling more than nervous!

“Oh yes, you are!” he replied with an evil grin. “It was part of the bet!”

“Taeyang will probably fire me over this!” wailed Jiyong as he peeked through the curtains on the stage, to see the guests milling around at their company’s annual charity gala.

Tough,” replied his supportive friend as he inspected his friend’s incredibly attractive outfit.

A bright, neon-yellow, baggy shirt, a pair of leopard-print tights and a pair of red converse to finish it off – oh, and not to mention the blue bandana in his head!

Oh…this was worth the wait!

“Well…let’s get it over with,” muttered Jiyong darkly, as Seunghyun laughed and left him, behind the curtains, and about to give the most embarrassing performance of his life.

He flung open the crimson-red curtains and was rewarded with gobsmacked looks from the guests as they stared up at him in confusion.

Oh…and that’s not even the best of it, Jiyong thought dryly.

I’M Y AND I KNOW IT!” he hollered at the top of his lungs, as he proceeded to do some hip s, followed by an interpretation of LMFAO’s dance moves from that particular song, as the music blasted loudly in the background.

After a few moments of awkward silence, a roar of laughter erupted from below the stage, starting with Seunghyun but soon other guests joined in, amused at his antics. And a couple of energetic boys actually joined him onstage, while a few quick-thinking girls whipped out their phones to film Jiyong.

His stomach flipped though, when he saw the enraged look on Taeyang’s face and he knew that he would be in for the ‘lecture of a lifetime’ after tonight – if he didn’t lose his job first! But he pictured Dara’s face in his mind, and he knew that he had made the right decision that night, in losing the bet.

She was worth it.

 


 

Hey guys! I hoped that you liked this...it was fun to write ^^

I always find it incredibly amusing when guys make bets over ridiculous things...and then lose. Some of the things that they have to do...>< But it's funny to watch!!!

Enjoy this, and lemme know whatcha think of this

Love Minspro <3

p.s. I'm sorry but I forgot to mark this as complete ><...sorry for any disappointment *embarrassed* But perhaps you'd like to check out my other bigbang/2ne1 fics?

- The Forbidden Love Affair

- In 30 words or less

And by the way, the song used was Guy Sebastian's 'Who's that Girl?' and is quite a 'fun' song, I think ^^