My MVP

My MVP [Epilogue to Innocent Flower]

He had a hard time processing what she just said. Did she just confess that she was in love with him? No, this was exactly what he didn’t want to happen. He didn’t want her to fall for him. This was just a game for him, why couldn’t she understand that. Without even thinking twice, without hesitation he pointed at the door while shouting out that she needed to go, now.

Yerin stared at the boy in front of her; it felt as if someone stuck a knife in her heart when he roared to her that she should leave immediately. She had just crossed the line of what was safe and familiar to the unknown and unfamiliar, she had fallen for the biggest playboy ever. Her first ever true love was someone that obviously didn’t even believe in love.

She glanced up at him. She couldn’t say anything – didn’t even know what to do in a situation like this. She had to fight back the tears that were welling up inside of her. It was hard. Hoya couldn’t look at her, didn’t dare to even take a glance in her direction.

He hated it, but this was something he had to do – needed to do. If his friends would see him around Yerin they would make a fool out of him. His kingka status would be thrown out the window and the whole school would laugh at him. No, he couldn’t let that happen, he couldn’t let the status he’d built up just disappear like that. It had taken him years, and he would most definitely not throw it away on some girl he soon enough would grow tired of.

Never.

Once the door closed and Yerin had left he slumped down on a chair. Even though he was seen as the cold playboy who dumped girls each and every day he still couldn’t get that awful feeling away. Normally he wouldn’t even feel bad about it after that he’d dumped someone, so why this time? Because he knew very well that Yerin were the only one that understood him. But if that was the only reason then he could still be friends with her.

He didn’t love her. He saw her as a friend who he could speak to. Yeah, that was it. They could be friends. Hopefully she could accept it as well. Though, there was something with Yerin that he couldn’t understand. He knew that her friends had warned her about him. That she should never get close to him, and absolutely not fall in love with him.

Then why did she, why did she go against everything her friends told her, and why did he go against the only rule he had set up for himself, he had promised to never break that rule. Yet he had, he had broken the rule to never fall in love.

But he couldn’t love someone that was not in his league. She was the school nerd and he was the kingka. It doesn’t work like that. His life would be ruined if he stayed by her side.

The following school week everything returned to normal, except for Yerin and Hoya. She couldn’t, despite her friends encouraging words let go of her feelings. How would she know when they disappeared, would they even disappear if she tried to let go?

Hoya on the other hand tried to continue on with his life. He resumed his clubbing and girl activities together with his friend, and when the pain started to come back, he would drink until they disappeared. Every day he would drink away his pain.

He couldn’t understand how someone like Yerin was always on his mind. She was not the prettiest girl he’d laid his eyes on, not someone that stood out from the crowd. She was not the cleverest either, in other means; she was too innocent and gullible. But maybe that was why he loved her so much, because Yerin was just herself. She didn’t try and act up, she didn’t want attention. She wanted someone that loved her, for who she was, not someone she tried to be.

Guilt was taking a toll on him.

Yerin tried to keep focus on school, but with Hoya lurking around the hallways it was hard. He could pop-up in front of her just like that. But he would never say anything, he would only continue on towards his destination together with his friends. Every time he ignored her, every time a new crack formed on her heart. Slowly and painfully it was breaking.

She honestly didn’t know what to do. Find someone else? Hoya obviously didn’t care anymore. She knew that he had only been playing with her. Despite that, she still couldn’t find herself to let go, because what if he one day came back and told her that he felt the same way. But even though she knew that she was living in a fantasy world, she still got upset when he friends had appointed her to meet someone. It wasn’t that hard to figure out that it was a boy, because they all knew that she had fallen for the person they hated; Hoya.

Though with lack of anything else to do, scrap that. She had lots of things to do. It was more like her friends kidnapped her and forced her to meet the guy. Yerin had been anxious and out of the world concerned when she stepped inside the cafeteria that day.

Her friends had been beyond excited over the guy who they thought was really handsome and not to mention, rich. But to Yerin, none of that mattered. She couldn’t care less whether he was the richest guy in the world or had won the prize of the world’s most handsome man. What she cared for was his personality. Someone that treated her nicely, like Hoya had. Okay, she had to admit that Hoya hadn’t been that nice to her at first.

With a pulse that increased by every step she took she walked up to the said guy. But she had to agree, they guy was beyond handsome, just like Hoya. But she couldn’t remember than she had seen him in school before.

She had, with a stuttering voice introduced herself. The guy before her did as well, and ending his sentence with a heart fluttering smile. He had offered her a seat, with a gentle smile she placed herself down on the chair in front of him. She’d felt a bit awkward around the boy she barely knew and found herself fidgeting with the end of her shirt.

Hoya who’d seen everything was in rage, he couldn’t understand why she was giving that Dongwoo guy a smile. Why had Yerin never given him one? He tried to brush it off and shifted his gaze away from the scene before him to the girl that was sitting next to him, or more like, halfway onto his lap. He could hear the annoying and squeaky voice of the girl beside him, but his eyes were glued on Yerin.

His heart was pounding harder and harder by each smile she showed and laughter he heard. He hated the fact that Dongwoo made her happy, he wanted to be that person. But if he ever wanted to survive the harsh world that today’s school was, then he simply had to let her go.

He couldn’t take it anymore, sitting there and watching the girl he liked, maybe even loved having so much fun together with another guy. He harshly pushed the girl that was sitting on his lap away, the girl yelped so loudly that Yerin turned her head in the direction of the screech. But her eyes didn’t land on the girl, but on Hoya. His eyes burned into hers and she flinched before hastily turning her gaze away.

She could feel how her heart had speeded up and she could feel heat rising to her cheeks. Hoya had actually looked at her. For a second everything around her had faded away. She hadn’t listened to Dongwoo finishing his sentence, because all her attention had been on Hoya.

Out of nowhere she excused herself, telling the boy in front of her that she needed to do something. He had confusedly looked at her before nodding his head and telling her that it was okay. Without hesitating, without thinking twice she darted out of there. Her legs made their way towards Hoya who was, with hasty steps making his way further away from her. Once she caught up with him she grabbed his wrist and made him stop. Out of breath she asked him what was wrong. He’d been acting so weird lately that it was worrying her.

Though her blood froze and her eyes widened when Hoya yelled at her to off, he didn’t even look at her when he withdrew his hand away from hers and stalked off. The last and final crack formed and she could literally hear when her heart shattered into pieces. Her shoulders sank in defeat as she stared after him. Ear deafening laughter boomed throughout the hallway, she knew very well that they were laughing at her.

Hoya was not that easy, how could she do that to him. Did she really think he was going to become a second wheel? Most definitely not, if she loved him, then why was she having the time of her life with someone else?

He dashed out of the school, he didn’t care that it was five hours left until the school day was over. He didn’t care anymore. He once again slipped into the state of nothingness. He needed something to drink, now. This was getting harder and harder each passing day. He wanted to do what his heart told him to, he wanted to just grab Yerin and kiss her in front of the whole school. He wanted everyone to know that she was the girl he was in love with. But when those impulses arose he had to tell himself that he could get any other girl, an ever better girl than Yerin.

It was actually as if he believed it himself. But the more time passed on, the more he came to understand that it was a total lie. He didn’t want anyone but Yerin.

But then there was this problem. His friends, everyone that idolized him, looked up to him. Though, he couldn’t understand those who idolized and looked up to him as a role model. If someone asked him three months ago about what he thought about those who saw him as a role model, he would’ve with a smirk answered that they had a long way to go to be as good as him. But if someone would ask him the same question today, he would just think that they were stupid for having a fool as a role model. Because that was exactly what he thought he was, a fool.

So he filled himself up with booze to the point where he no longer could stand up. All the guilt he felt for yelling at Yerin had washed away. But it also came with a price. His father had to come and pick him up after that the club owner had called him. And when his father was pissed, then he’s raging. But Hoya didn’t care; his father’s words never touched him. He had lost his respect for his father a long time ago. After that Hoya’s mother had passed away, his father had begun to visit nightclubs, only to bring home a new girl each and every night.

That’s how he learned; girls were just to play with. Not love.

But Yerin changed that and he knew it. Yet he was scared. He was scared over what everyone else would say.

The next coming school week was filled with constant pain, for the both of them. Despite that Yerin had found a new friend in Dongwoo, someone that was making her laugh again. But even though she tried, she could never let go. It was the first love we were talking about. The first love was always the most special one, the one that was the hardest to forget. A few months ago she couldn’t understand what the ordeal was with ones first love. It couldn’t be that hard to forget someone and move on. But that was before she herself fell in love. Now she didn’t even think that there was a way to cure her love sickness.

Yerin and Dongwoo had made an appointment to meet up at the cafeteria so they could eat lunch together, something that her friends saw as positive, oh boy. If they only knew that her feelings for Hoya were still as strong.

A painful feeling hit her right in the chest when she noticed that Hoya was sitting a few seats away. She didn’t dare to look at him as she made her way over to the table Dongwoo was placed at. He smiled, showing of his teeth’s in the go as she sat down. Yerin greeted him with a warm smile. And despite that she’d only known Dongwoo for a week; she could still feel relaxed around him. But she could never love him the way that her friends wanted her to. Because that place in her heart was already occupied by South Korea's, maybe even the world’s biggest player; Hoya.

Her gaze would constantly change from Dongwoo to Hoya. The latter boy was having a hard time keeping his emotions in place. He was fighting the urge to walk up to her and kiss her right there and then.

Every time he saw her smiling, every time he heard her laugh his fists clenched tighter and tighter together. He couldn’t let his eyes off of her, not even when he heard that his friends were speaking to him did he tear his gaze away from Yerin. It even went so far that his friends asked him what he was staring so intensely at. He watched in terror how they all turned their heads and focused their gazes at Yerin. They scoffed and snickered before asking him why he was looking at her. She was a nerd, a complete nobody in their eyes.

His heart rate was increasing by each passing second. It was slowly getting to him, his friends couldn’t understand what those looks meant, his heart beating faster by just glancing at her, they had themselves never been in love so how would they know.

Hoya’s patience was on its breaking point and when he heard his friends insulting Yerin he had enough. He would end this once and for all, in front of the students, in front of the teachers, and moreover, in front of the asses he thought were his friends. Apparently he had been wrong about that.

Harshly he pushed the chair backwards as he stood up, by just doing that he’d earned the eyes of numerous of students that were now staring at him. With steady steps he walked up to where Yerin was seated together with Dongwoo. Confused she stared up at him as the beat of her heart drummed faster.

Without hesitating Hoya grabbed Yerin by the wrist and pulled her up into a standing position. He knew that at least half of all the students inside the cafeteria were now staring at them. But it didn’t concern Hoya at all as he leaned in and captured Yerin’s lips. Her eyes widened in shock over what was happening, but as soon as she heard what Hoya had murmured into the kiss, she closed her eyes and replied.

The boy she had waited for so long had finally told her his real feelings. He loved her, and he would never let her go again.

~~

So, that was the ending ;P thank you for reading ^^