Impossible

Really Guys? The Mafia? [REVAMPING]

I waited around for around five more minutes before I started to walk back to my house. I knew they would never get it back for me; I had never told them where I went to school. Walking by an ice cream shop, I noticed two little kids eating and laughing with their parents. They looked a lot like someone I knew. Just to be sure, I opened the door and stepped inside. The bell made a tinkling sound to let them know that I had entered. I tried to get a better look at their faces, and then instantly recognized them. I made my way to their table.

"Unnie!" I smiled. Dayoung unnie and her husband, Choi Seunghyun, glanced at me.

"Oh, Ema!" she exclaimed and stood to hug me. I giggled.

"Hey, Ema. What are you doing here?" Seunghyun asked. The two kids, my niece and nephew, ran up and each one hugged one side of me.

"I was passing by, so I wanted to say hi," I explained.

"Oh right, your birthday was yesterday, wasn't it?" Dayoung asked. I nodded.

"Auntie Ema! Happy birthday!" four-year-old Jojo said excitedly. Her younger brother, the not quite two-and-a-half Seunghyun Jr, nodded while clutching my bag with his tiny fist. I laughed and ruffled their hair. They beamed up at me.

"Daddy, when is Auntie coming over to our house again?" Jojo inquired excitedly.

"Whenever she wants, honey," he chuckled.

"I think I need to go now though. I have homework." I waved and tried to pry the two off of me, but I failed. Seunghyun scooped up his son in his arms, while Dayoung did the same with Jojo.

"Bye bye!" I waved to each of them and walked out.

"Bye bye!" Seunghyun Jr. screeched.

I sighed as I walked down the driveway to the front door of my house. The door was locked, so I was forced to fish my keys out of the bottom of my bag. A comb, a candy bar, pencils, notebooks, some gum - that was all there but my keys were not! I groaned loudly. The spare key was above the door, and that door was taller than I was. Even when I stood on my tip-toes with my arms stretched up as far as they would go, I couldn't reach it. I threw my bag on the pavement angrily. I sat on the front steps to wait for my parents to get home.

Thirty minutes later, it was not my mom who pulled up, but Zico. Of course, he pulled up in his own driveway, but noticed me sitting outside. He climbed out and walked over. I refused to look at him.

"Yo, Ema," he said in greeting. I didn't look up. He crouched down to my level.

"Hello?" He waved his hand in front of my face. When I still didn't reply, he grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"What the heck, Zico?" I cried and pushed him away. We both stood.

"Why are you out here?" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm seeing if a pegasus will come and take me to a magical faerie world," I told him sarcastically.

"That sounds reasonable," he chuckled, "well, tell me if it comes!" He turned and began walking back to his house. That's when I noticed something.

He was tall.

This was going to get me killed.

"Wait!" I ran forward and grabbed his arm. He stopped and glanced back at me.

"What? You going to repay me for letting that kid go now?" He smirked. I didn't like his expression at all. It scared me.

"Stupid. I don't even know what that is. But I need your help," I mumbled.

"What? I can't hear you." He cupped one of his hands behind his ear.

"I said I need your help!" I almost shouted.

"It's going to cost you," he sang. I crossed my arms, and without realizing it, I slipped into the heavier accent that I got whenever I was angry.

"I'm not gonna give you anythin', so just forget about it!" I turned away.

"What was that?" he laughed. 

"What the flippin' heck, bro?! It's nothing - uh, I m-mean, nothing," I said quietly at the end, finally noticing my voice.

"So, anyway, what do you need? I guess this time you paid me before you even told me." He wiped away an actual tear. He was actually crying! That jerk was crying from laughing too hard. I didn't mean to talk like that, really. I hid that accent whenever I was in public, or even around my closest friends, apart from Chunhei. She knew everything about me, and I knew everything about her. So, Zico was the only person that was not in my family or Chunhei who heard my accent.

"I lost my key," I admitted.

"And?" He was confused.

"There's a spare key above the door," I added, hoping that I wouldn't have to say it out loud.

"Then get it," he told me.

"Aw, heck, Zico! I can't reach it and you're taller than I am!" I yelled finally.

"That's it?" he clarified.

"Yeah."

"Really?"

"Just get the darn key, Zico!" I let the accent come out again since he had already heard it.

"Fine, I'll get it," he sighed. He held up his hands in defeat. I smirked. 

He reached up and easily retrieved the key. He tossed it to me, and I unlocked the door. He waved and walked back to his house. I made sure to lock the door behind me. I threw my bag in the corner of the living room. As I worked on my homework, I also watched TV. Not much was on, but there was a re-run of You're Beautiful, so I ended up watching that. Hong Ki was so cute!

I went on like that for about fifteen minutes when the doorbell rang. I figured that it was Mom. I went to open the door for her, wondering why she didn't use her key. I opened the door.

And there they stood, against all odds. Siwoo was holding my skateboard out to me. I glanced at the clock. They had three minutes to spare.

"H-how did you..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Ema, that means we'll be with you from now on!" Maru told me excitedly.

"You got it?" I asked. I still did not comprehend the situation.

"It's right here isn't it?" Kangjun lifted one eyebrow.

"And you didn't leave any evidence?" I continued.

"Nope. A perfect job. You shouldn't underestimate us," Rome nodded proudly, "Now, what do we call you? My lady, Mistress, or maybe Boss?"

"You can just call me Ema. And I guess a deal's a deal. C-come in then." I moved to the side and they walked in. What did I do to deserve this?


So......

I've been super busy with school and homework and I'm still tired, but I've been trying to update! I'm sorry I won't be able to update as often!

from your evil author,

Juliette