Didn't See That Coming

Really Guys? The Mafia? [REVAMPING]

My eyes widened at what I saw.

Everywhere, and I mean everywhere, there were people dancing, sweating, holding up drinks, making out, and going down a hallway to my right. I wondered what was down there. I decided to check it out later. After all, my main focus was dancing and watching cute and / or y guys dance. I mean, what else was there to do at a club? My I.D. said I was eighteen, not twenty-one. Alcohol didn't interest me anyway. It would be a lot harder to convince my parents that I was really at Chunhei's house if I was drunk.

I grinned. Getting out like this every once in a while thanks to my newly acquired I.D. would be just the thing I needed. I didn't have to worry about school or stuck-up brats, and, best of all, no one here could compare me to Jiho. My mom was always going on about how I should be more active like he was, or how he was ranked third in his school for academics. It became old after about five years. Five very long years.

I shook my head to clear all of those thoughts away. It was time to party! I stepped onto the dance floor after making sure my handbag was safe. I swayed to the music, getting the feel of the song. I soon was dancing my heart out. The room was dark with flashing lights, so it looked like a series of pictures rapidly appearing before my eyes instead of just a scene playing out.

After a few minutes, a boy with obviously dyed blond hair came towards me. He was taller than I was, and he looked around twenty-two, twenty-three years old. He started dancing around me in a circle. He seemed really cool. He was doing some dance move I wasn't really familiar with; it kind of reminded me of the part of the dance during the chorus of SHINee's "Lucifer." I noticed a lot of guys doing that as well, so I dismissed all uneasiness even though I couldn't help but feel it was a little inappropriate. The poor guy didn't know that I was underage. I sighed. If only I was really eighteen.

I continued to dance with him for the rest of that song. Then a new person came up to me. He looked young, with dimples and a baby face. After he left, another boy came, and then another. I danced and jumped, but I always refused their offers to "find a room." Was that what was down that hall? Probably not, they couldn't do anything like that in a public - okay, private - place like this. They seemed disappointed after I turned them down. 

it up, I thought, I'm not that kind of girl.

I quickly became tired, so I returned to my table to rest for a minute. There was a song in Japanese playing. It was a weird song to play. It was a rock song. If I remembered correctly, it was by a band called ViViD. I guessed that someone had requested it. It was a fun song either way.

I walked up to the bar. The man behind the counter smiled at me.

"What'll it be?" he asked, holding out his arms to display a variety of drinks that were forbidden to me. I shook my head.

"Just water. I'm not drinking tonight," I told him.

He nodded, and handed me a glass.

"Thank you," I said. I ran back to my table. I had seen a few people eyeing it. They had probably thought that it was available. They sighed when I sat down. I turned back to my drink.

The club was a lot better than I had imagined it whenever I had passed by it on my way to school. There were a lot of people I could see myself being friends with in the future, even if they were most likely drunk. I laughed out loud at the thought. These were the type of people that you meet once and then never see them again. I shouldn't think of making friends with them. I didn't even know the names of the boys I had danced with. I chose to stick with my friends at school.

It was too bad no of them were there. I knew that Chunhei would have loved it. My friend Jung Jinny would have been scared out of her mind, while Lee Aecha would have never stopped dancing. 

I scanned the crowd again, looking at each individual person that I could make out. A lot of the girls were wearing short dresses or shorts with a top that cut off above their middle, while the buys wore things like skinny jeans and tee shirts, or converse with slightly dressier pants and a half-way ed shirt. It looked cool on some, but on others - not so much.

There were a few guys that really stood out to me. It was not in a good way, however. If I saw right, they had knives sticking out of their pockets or a gun at their side. Those people were the ones sitting at tables near me, so I made a mental note to keep an eye on them. One blond kid reminded me of someone, but I didn't know who. 

I stood back up and returned to the dance floor. My favorite song was playing, and I wasted no time in finding a cute partner. He was tall, with long, jet black hair that reached his shoulders. He had in blue colored contacts, which gave him a slightly foreign look. One of his ears was pierced, which was just plain awesome, and so was his lip. The song ended way too soon. I was almost sad to see him go.

The following song didn't interest me, so I started to return to my table again, when I saw one of the scary guys from before nod. The rest of them got up and followed that kid that I thought looked familiar down the hall. I sighed. I was glad that they were gone.

My attention was ripped away from them when there was a scream from the floor. I glanced back to see two buys fighting while one girl who had screamed watched. They were hitting each other pretty badly. There was blood on the floor. Most of the dancers had backed away and were yelling for who they wanted to win. They seemed too dunk to notice that the two were actually getting hurt. I was going to ignore it until a few cops came in. I hissed and grabbed my purse. It was not going to be good if they found me.

They tore the fighters apart, and started questioning people standing around the scene. I slowly walked away to the only place they weren't going - the hallway. I ran when I could no longer see them. Suddenly, one stepped into the hall. I ducked into the nearest room. I prayed that I didn't walk in on someone who was - um - busy. I leaned against the door on the inside and opened my eyes.

What I saw was worse. I would have prefered to let the police catch me.

What I saw was my "perfect" neighbor holding a gun to a teenage boy's head, while a bunch of those scary guys from earlier looked on. Only the boy, whose leg was tied to a couch, noticed my presence. He jerked his head to the side quickly, telling me to get out, but they turned to face me at his actions. My eyes were about the same size as tea cups at that point. 

"Ema?!" Jiho shouted.

"Jiho!" I screeched. At once, one of the other people clamped a hand over my mouth. I continued to scream through it. He dragged me over to the couch and forced me to sit next to the boy. The kid had bleached hair that was swept over to the side, and, from what I could tell, half of his head appeared shaved. He was bleeding from cuts on his lip and arms.

"You should consider yourself lucky that she came in. You have a little bit longer to live," Jiho said to him. He turned to me.

"What the... What are you doing here you idiot?" he yelled at me.

"Um, there are cops outside and I really don't want to be caught. By the look of things in here, you don't want to be either." I was surprised at the fact that I actually laughed while saying it. He nodded the man closest to the door.

"Lock it," he ordered, "now, what are you doing in a club? You're fourteen!" 

"Fifteen, actually. It's my birthday. I just wanted to have a little fun," I sighed and pouted.

"How'd you get in?" he asked. He started to pace back and forth. 

The boy next to me had a "what the heck is going on here" face. It looked kind of funny.

"Birthday present. I have an I.D." He stopped pacing and faced me.

"Where'd you get it?"

"I don't want to-"

"Where?!"

"Chunhei! She gave it to me!" I squeaked.

He chuckled. It didn't sound nice at all. He held his silver gun tighter in his hand and walked over to stand beside me. I glared up at him. He crouched down. He held up his gun.

"It's good that you're being cooperative here, Ema," he said, "it's sad that I'll have to kill you."

I tensed as the cold metal brushed against my neck.

"She's not involved in this!" the boy beside cut in. He struggled against the chains holding him. A few men taped his mouth shut. Jiho rolled his eyes.

"If I'm going to die, at least tell me what's going on here," I requested.

He grinned.

"Simple. He owes us. That's it." He gestured towards his captive with his gun, "Also, you should've seen the look on your face! I can't kill you; my mom loves being able to gloat about me to your parents over brunch. If you're dead, she'll lose all that fun."

"I'm not surprised about your mother, but what do you mean 'us?'" I scowled.

"Well, my father really. You see, he's the leader of Block B - oh wait, I am now, aren't I?" he explained.

Block B?

Block B as in the most feared mafia in all of Seoul?

This was just fantastic.

"So, I really do have to kill this guy now. I really will miss fooling with you, dude," he sighed.

"Wait!" I shouted.

"What is it?" he asked. He was obviously very eager to kill this guy. 

"If you kill him now, the I won't forgive you," I said, "And then... you'll have to deal witht the others too!"

"What others?" he scoffed, "you're alone; I know it."

"They aren't here right now, but you should have realized it by now, Jiho," I laughed lightly. Dang. When had I become so good at acting?

"Realized what?" he pressed. He was growing angry.

"The others, as in, I also lead a mafia," I said.

"Oh? If you're not lying, which one is it?" he asked.

I really hadn't thought that far ahead.

"The.... The Clown!" I scrambled for a name.

"C-Clown?" He misheard me.

"N-no, it was-" I whispered, but a man cut me off.

"Boss, I think I've heard of them!" he interrupted.

"Yeah, aren't they the ones who burned down 2NE1's warehouse where they keep the guns?" another added.

I loved idiots for this very reason.

"You messed with 2NE1?" Jiho squinted his eyes at me, like he couldn't belive what he was hearing.

"Of course. They get in my way, I get in theirs," I answered.

He grinned.

"Fine then, Ema. I'll see you later. For now, I want to see where this goes," he laughed. I let out a breath without him noticing.

"This boy leaves with me," I ventured bravely. he stopped laughing.

"I'm not about to do that," he crossed his arms.

"What would it take for you to let him go?" I asked. I stood up and walked closer to him.

"Hmmm...." He let his eyes roam over my body. I felt very uncomfortable suddenly in my short dress.

"I'll tell you some other time. And call me Zico when we're alone," he said. He looked at the other people.

"You heard her, let him go," he told them. I waited until the boy would be out of the club before I too walked out. The cops were long gone. The night air felt cool against my exposed skin. Walking down the street, it felt like someone was following me. I didn't see anyone, so I shrugged off the feeling and retrieved me things from Chunhei's house, and made my way back home in my everyday clothes.

 

 

=====================================================================================================

Ugh. I sat here for about two hours writing this chapter.

Be happy.

Don't worry, be happy! :D

from your evil author,

Juliette