You Really Don't Need To

Really Guys? The Mafia? [REVAMPING]

Honestly, I hated Thursdays more than Mondays. Mondays signaled the start of a new week, and the end of a weekend, but they were also when you were finally able to tell your friends about the cute guy that you met at the mall, or the puppy that you had gotten as a present. Tuesdays were for anything you didn't tell them before and it was also the day that I had gymnastics. Wednesdays told you that half of the week of work was already over, and Fridays were the end. Thursdays only lulled you into a false sense of Friday. It was almost the weekend, but you still had more left to do. It would be another fourty-eight hours before you went swimming or roller-skating. I absolutely could not stand them.

So, it was obvious that I was already waking up to a bad day.

"Yah! Ema! You're going to be late for school!" my mom called from the kitchen. I fell out of bed when I tried to stand up. I trudged to the dining room table still in my strawberry-print night clothes. 

"Seriously!" she cried, "Go get dressed! Eat after!" I rolled my eyes.

"But I'm hungry," I whined.

"Now, Ema," she ordered.

I sighed and walked back to my room. I ran quickly to the bathroom from there, and did my hair and brushed my teeth. I reluctantly put on my winter uniform as well. As I was tying my shoelaces, I suddenly remembered the incident with Jiho, or "Zico." After thinking over it for a minute, I slipped a pink pocketknife that my dad had given me for emergencies into the inside pocket of my blazer. I checked to make sure that nobody could tell that it was there and headed back to where my nutritious breakfast of sugar-coated chocolate cereal with extra sugar.

"Are you eating that trash again?" my dad asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Daddy, for the eight-hundredth time, it's not trash; it's amazing!" I argued.

"Trust me, it's trash." He stood up with his briefcase to leave for work.

"Eight hundred and one! It's not trash!" I shouted.

"Whatever," I heard him mumble before the door closed behind him.

A few minutes passed with both Mom and me not saying a word to each other. I shoved one last bite of cereal into my mouth before I, too, stood and ran outside. Zico was waiting in his driveway next to a shiny silver sports car.

"Need a lift?" he called. I shook my head. I really didn't trust him enough anymore to be in a car alone with him.

"I'm good," I replied, pointing to my skateboard.

"Weren't those banned?" he asked.

"And your point is?" I hopped onto the board and sped off down the road. Luckily, it was downhill. I wove in and out of the crowd, making my way peacefully down the street, until someone yanked on my arm. I tumbled onto the ground. I looked around. There was almost no one there, only six (very, very attractive) boys. I instantly recognized one as the boy from the club that had almost been killed by Zico. I also realized that we were the only ones in the alley.

"What the heck?!" I yelled. The one closest to me clamped their hand over my mouth. I did the only thing I could think of.

I his hand.

"Ew, gross!" he cried and wiped his hand on his jeans. I looked up at his face. He had long, dark brown hair and a bandana around his neck. Was he a gangster or something? He looked kind of young for that.

The one from the previous night laughed.

"Um, hello," he bowed at a ninety-degree angle. I looked at him weirdly.

"Hello," I replied quietly, still on the ground. I was shocked. Half of his hair really was shaved. I though only K-Pop idols did that.

There was an awkward silence. Or, well, I'm guessing that it was awkward for them. I was just fine staring at them.

"So," I sighed and and pushed myself up so I was standing, "what's going on here?"

An older boy wearing a loose tank top with the image of a clown on it stepped forward. He had a gold chain around his neck with a golden gun on the end, and his hair was dyed a light reddish-brown.

"We wanted to thank you for saving T.K. last night," he explained, gesturing the the blond kid.

"So you needed to make me fall on my way to school to do that?" I raised an eyebrow. They all looked in different directions nervously.

"Um, you fell on your own."

Denial.

"I wouldn't have if you hadn't stopped me," I smiled in that way that only teenage girls could, that special smile that says "This may seem sweet to someone passing by but I'm plotting to kill you as we speak." Even if boys didn't completely understand the message, they usually got a dark vibe from it. It worked. At least three of them flinched.

"S-Sorry..." the older boy apologized.

"It's fine. I'm leaving now." I grabbed my skateboard and was about to leave when the silent one with black hair that covered his eyes grabbed my arm.

"Bro, really?" I tried to find his eyes to give him a death glare, but I couldn't find them.

"Ray, let her go," the older boy sighed.

"Ray" nodded and did as he was told.

"Before you leave, we need to talk," he said.

"I need to get to school before i get detention again. If you absolutely have to, meet me at that park downtown, at the pond," I told him and ran off to the school gates. Chunhei met me there.

"Good morning" she said brightly.

"Morning!" I did my best to smile. Apparently, it was good enough.

"Are you going back to the club soon?" she asked.

"Maybe. I really don't know right now," I admitted. She nodded.

"I want to go too," she pouted. I laughed.

"You'll go one day," I told her and ran to the classroom with her following close behind.

That day I tried my best to forget about the club. When I passed Zico in the halls, he would smirk and say something to his scary friends that would make them laugh. I ignored them and walked faster. I wondered if the boys from that morning would show up. They probably wouldn't; why should they? But then again, why should they make me fall just to talk to me?

Soon, the final bell rang. I packed my books into my messenger-style bag and walked outside. I only had to retrieve my board and then I could leave.

The only problem?

It wasn't there.

In its place was a note from the vice-principal.

Whoever this belongs to will not get it back.

Well that was just fantabulous.

I pictured myself walking home every day, not arriving until late. It would be torture, but I couldn't just go and find it. I groaned and continued on to the park.

And guess what.

They were already there. 

Oh joy.

"So you guys really came?" I laughed. I took a sip from my water bottle.

"Of course we would, my lady." And I almost choked on the water. I started coughing violently, and the blond one awkwardly patted my back.

"What was that?" I nearly shouted, "Are you trying to kill me or something?"

"N-No, of course not!" the young-looking one said.

"Well, anyway, what do you absolutely have to tell me?" I inquired after the coughing finally stopped. The one with the clown shirt answered.

"Last night, you saved T.K.'s life. He's closer than family to us, so we wanted to repay you," he explained.

"Oh, is that it? It's fine; you really don't-" I began.

"Yes we do!" he interrupted, "And since T.K. found out that you lead C-Clown-"

I didn't like where this was going.

"We've decided to become your personal bodygaurds, if you'll let us become members!" He smiled like it was the best idea in the whole wide world.

"I don't even know you!" I protested.

"We know you. Lee Ema, age fifteen, one hundred and sixty-three centimeters tall. And, well, I'm Barom, but you can call me Rome."

"Maru."

Maru was the young one.

"T.K."

The blondie.

"Kangjun."

In my opinion, Kangjun looked like a player. I saw him wave to a group of girls that passed, and he had winked when he introduced himself.

"Ray."

Ray, the creepy guy who hid his eyes.

"Siwoo."

He seemed kind of normal. He was wearing a nice shirt and pants, and his hair was kind of long, but it suited him.

"Uh, okay then. I really don't need you guys to-" I was cut off again.

"We won't take no for an answer, Ema," Maru smiled down at me sweetly. I blinked.

"Well, maybe, I'll never say yes," I argued. If they ever found out that there was no C-Clown, I would be in big trouble.

"But you have to! You can give us a test!" Rome pleaded.

"Fine," I relented against my better judgement, "if you can break into my school and get my skateboard from the vice-principal's office, I'll let you. But you can't leave any evidence, and no one can see you. You have one hour." They scurried off in the direction that was leading in the opposite direction from my school. I guessed that I didn't have to worry about them anymore.

 

==============================================================================

C-Clown finally showed up!!!

from your evil author,

Juliette