9 - Center of Attention

My Fiancé Became My Butler

 

Your Chapter

"Center of Attention"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Tick-tock goes the clock as everyone in class was working on the assignment that was given by the teacher. Everyone is all focused on their work, except for me. I could still feel the cute red-haired boy, staring and glancing right at me by my side from time to time, and it's bothering me like crazy. It's making me feel very uncomfortable and awkward right now. Someone, please help me. 

"KIM KYO MI." My eyes widened at the sound of my name being called by the teacher. I stood up right away as fast as I could, with the cute boy's eyes following along my movements. 

"YES." I shouted, unaware of the students giving me an annoyed expression. 

"You-" The teacher cuts off in the middle of her sentence, squinting her eyes in front of her computer. "Never mind. You can sit down." The teacher gestured. 

I was confused at first about why she called on me, but I brushed the thought away once I sat back down on my seat to start on my assignment as I finally decided to ignore the cute boy's gaze beside me. 

In the middle of working on my assignment, a rolled, crumpled piece of paper was thrown. Surprisingly not at me, but it landed on my desk as if it was like a note. I turned to look at the red-haired boy's direction, and he's creepily smiling at me again with his big, round eyes wide open. He looked as if he was anticipated in waiting for me to read the note.

"Go, open it." He whispered with a big, cheesy smile on his face, after realizing I wasn't opening it yet. 

I eyed at the crumpled piece of paper, and was debating whether I should read it or not. I mean, I probably already know what was written in the note anyways. He must have been really impatient to wait for class to end before insulting me and calling me names, so that's why he wrote it in note-form instead. He was probably pulling off a fake act in front of me and pretended to be friendly so that I would get my hopes crushed in the end. Great. First day of school and I've already embarassed myself this badly. 

Before I could even grab the note, the school bell rung, alerting that class was now over. Everyone, including the cute boy right beside me, got up to get ready to go to their next class. I remained seated for just a few more seconds to read what was on the note the boy left me. I was kind of scared, but excited to see what was written at the same time. 

 

I like your sweater.. hehehe :)

 

I read the note over, and over again. What was that suppose to mean? Does he like cats? Because that was the only picture that was on my sweater. A plain, purple sweater with an orange cat, smiling brightly at no one in particular. I scratched my head. This boy is odd.

Some students were starting to enter the classroom I was still in, which reminded me I still got to get ready for my next class. I quickly gathered my things and scurried out of the classroom as quickly as possible, accidentally bumping into some students when trying to squeeze through the crowded doorway. 

- -

I sighed in defeat as I plopped down on an empty seat in the cafeteria, while I could hear the whole cafeteria talking about me from meters away. I tried ignoring the people around me as usual, and began chowing down my food. Suddenly, I felt a slight bounce on the table and I lifted my head to see that same cute red-haired boy, who recently kept smiling at me creepily and gave me a note referring to my sweater, this early morning. I gawked at him for quite a while, with my mouth still full.

After five minutes of of eye contact with each other, all he did was chuckle at the end, which made me blush like crazy. 

"Sorry for interrupting your lunch time.." He looked at my greasy mouth, and laughed out loud again. His laugh was so adorable. 

Once I finally noticed what he was laughing at, I quickly grabbed my napkin and wiped my mouth clean, trying to chow down my food that's left in my mouth at the same time. I straightened myself up and, awkwardly looked to the corners of my eyes, but I could still see him smiling brightly at me, even though I wasn't face to face with him. 

I wonder what he wants from me. No one usually comes up to me while I'm having lunch. This was very unexpected for him to sit with me and eat lunch together. Someone probably dared him to sit with me, so I just ignored his presence and continued eating. 

"Hey, you're Kyo Mi, right? The new transferred student in my English class this morning?" He leaned in with his elbows on the table. 

I looked up from my food, but then resumed eating again. Awkward silence had taken over for a couple of moments. 

"That looks really good." The boy tried again, referring to my lunch. 

Still no response from me. He should stop trying. I already know this is all a joke. It won't work on me this time, so I continued ignoring him. I could tell he was getting really awkward. Fingers tapping on the table, leg was bouncing up and down under the table, scratching his scalp, and rubbing his neck. 

What I was totally unaware was, there was a whole crowd, literally almost the whole cafeteria, was watching us. Every single move we did, the whole crowd had saw. Of course, I was only focusing on finishing up my lunch before checking out the school library later on, so I didn't notice how much people were watching us. The boy knew about it, but he didn't care at all. 

I was still gobbling my food like there's no tomorrow. I didn't care if the cute boy is watching me anymore. I should really stop caring about what people think of me if I want to stop getting hurt. Loud whispering, and even loud crying from female students filled the cafeteria. 

"THAT ." A high-pitched voice screamed out of the crowd, which made the whole crowd silent. Automatically, I stopped what I was doing. 

I looked at the direction where that voice came from, and my eyes landed on this particular skinny, flawless-face girl whom looks like she was furious just by the way she was glaring at me. I looked at everyone around me, and I finally noticed why everyone was watching me. 

My gaze went back to the red-haired boy in front of me, and he was looking at the same direction where that high-pitched voice came from. He looked back at me, and he was also startled by that sudden commotion. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Dun dun dun... (;