Sungjong~Chapter 1

Infinite Proposals~

 

It was a nice summer day.  The trees were a nice shade of green.  The sky was blue with not even a single cloud in the sky. I felt the nice breeze coming from the Han river.  I sat under a tree trying to hide away fro the sun’s ray while waiting for him.  I took out my cellphone from my handbag and checked the time.  “Ah...it’s still early its only 12:55.” I pouted and leaned against the trunk of the tree.  I looked down at the endless green field and saw children running around with stings in their hands flying kites.  It made my heart skip a beat while thinking about having a family with him. I ray of shining light broke through the leaves hitting the ground.  It’s been almost 4 years since I’ve met him.  I was new to Korean and didn’t know much about the language.  My family moved here from Florida.  It was my first day of freshman year and I was nervous.  I got lost on my way to homeroom and there was nobody in the hallways. 

 

Flashback:

“Ah! Im going to be late!”  I panicked trying to find my room, as I was walking down the halls Ifelt my body hit something. My eyes widened due to the shock. I didn’t want to look up since I was too embarrassed to look up. I bowed and said one of the few words that I knew in Korean.  “Ah! Mianheyo!” I didn’t look at him since and continued looking at the floor and our shoes. I heard a light chuckle and I felt my cheeks heat up. I slowly looked up to see why he was chuckling. I saw a student with a very pretty face and beautiful dark brown eyes.   His dark brown hair was clean and had a nice swish at the end of his bangs. I slowly stood up straight.  “Gwiyeoweo…” I tilted my head at him.  “Gwi-?” I placed a finger on the side of my lips. “ Also tilted his head while staring at me and then made an ‘o’ shape with his mouth. “You are new.” Wait…is he speaking English?! I then quickly nodded my head. “You from…ummm….” “United States?” I smiled while finishing his sentence. “You Korea?”He once said in english. I giggled once again and responded. “Ani, im halfe korean and half american.” He nodded his head and I could clearly see a faint of pink appearing from his cheeks. I looked down at my paper. Class 2-A He then came closer to me and I looked up at him and stepped back a bit. He used his hands to telling me to show him my paper.  I slowly lowered my paper showing him my homeroom number. He stared at my paper and smiled. He looked at me with his beautiful eyes.  “You!” I jumped at how loud his voice was.”Mine! Room!” I couldn’t help but giggle at his broken English. It was cute. My heart started beating fast and felt a smile curl up my lips.  I knew why, I was happy that I was going to be in the same class as him.  He grabbed my hand and led me to our class. We stood in front of our door and he let go.  My shoulders deflated and I frowned a little bit because my hand was no longer touching his. Before he opened the door he looked at me and smiled. “I’m Sungjong.” He said as he bowed.  I was going to introduce myself as well but nothing came out. He titled his head and smiled. “I’ll see you inside then.”  He opened the door and walked inside and I followed right behind him. I bowed to the teacher and he smiled and extended his hand.  I smiled back and took it. “Attention class! We have a new student and I want you to treat her nicely.” I felt my cheeks heat up. The teacher then signaled me to introduce myself. I then stepped forward and bowed. “Ahnyeonghaseyo, naehireum you im nida! Please take care of me and I hope we become good friends!” I stood back up and looked at the class. “Well you, you can sit over….there! Behind  Lee Sungjong.” The teacher pointed to the right side of the class room next to the windows. I turned and bowed to the teacher and walked down the aisle. I saw Sungjong from the corner of me eye. I sat down in my seat and felt a poke on my arm. I turned my head and noticed Sungjong waving at me.

 

End of flash back:

 

Thats when i noticed that he was the one for me. I took out my pone and looked at the time. 1:10. “Where is he?” I stood up from where i was sitting and took a couple of steps foreward.  I turned my whole body and faced the the Han river. I felt the warm breeze move around me. I then felt a pair of arms hug around my waist. A smiled appeared on my face. He’s here. I turned around and saw him standing right in front of me. “Aegiyah! Mianhe for being late, but there was traffic on the road so i couldnt get here on time.” He pouted which made made my heart flutter.  “But on the bright side!” He let go of me and grabbed a plastic bag. “Jjang! I brought the drinks!” He smiled sweetly.  I let out a tiny giggle.  I interlaced my fingers with his and led him under the shade of the tree. We both sat down.  I grabbed my bag and rumaged through it. Sungjong looked at me puzzeled wondering what was in it. “Jjang!” I took out 4 lunch boxes. SungJung grabbed one and opened one, his mouth dropped. “Wah! Kimbap!?” His eyes sparkled.  “Yup! I promised you 4 years ago that i would make it for you…” I felt my cheeks heat up again.  “you! wah!.” I took out a pair of chopstick and picked a piece of Kimbap. “Ah~” I sang. Sungjong obediently opened his mouth and I fed him. He then closed his mouth and began to chew. I felt my heart beat quickly and my palms began to sweat. “Is it good? I bit my bottom lip. Sungjong’s eyes widened. “Wah! Daebak!” Sungjung put two thumbs up. I smiled. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.” He then did the same to you. “Aegiya is the best!” He jumped on top of me and hugged me tightly. We both fell on the grass.  He was on top of me, I saw his cheeks turn to a crimson color.  His lips were close to mine.  I felt his lips come closer to mine. I closed my eyes and then felt his lips brush up against mine. Ring! Ring! I quickly opened my eyes and gently pushed him off of me.  I quickly fixed my hair and my dressed and picked up his phone. “Ah…Nana?” Before I could answer, he quickly took his phone out of my hands and walked a couple of feet away from me. Why is Nana calling him…more importantly why did he act so strange…” I leaned on the tree and brought my knees up to my chest. It can’t be…