The Intrusion

The Gang: the Blackhead Part 1

Jack opened his eyes when the lock clicked opened. Maibell and Buck were still lying on the couch with him sound asleep. Jack carefully got up and grabbed the gun from the TV stand beside him. Two figures stepped through the doorway and looked around in the dim light. Jack could see their shadows in the hall but that was it. One was tall and bulky while the other was short and skinny. Avery and Russel, those stupid fools. Jack thought.

"Well are you going to just let all the heat out?" Jack said stepping into the hall. "Want some coffee?" Avery stumbled back a step and Russel reached out to catch him as he hit the wall.

"Why not." Avery mumbled and followed Jack to the kitchen.

"Those your kids?" Russel asked nodding towards Maibell and Buck still sleeping on the couch.

"Yeah and if you lay a hand on them ever again it will be the last thing you ever do, I can promise you that." Jack said angrily. Avery tried to apologize but Jack just held up his hand. Jack silently made the coffee while Avery and Russel talked quietly in the other room.

"Dad?" Jack spun around and saw Maibell standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie." Jack said going over and picking her up. "Want some breakfast?" Maibell smiled and nodded.

"Well hello there." Avery said walking into the kitchen. Maibell swung her head around and stared with frightened eyes at the man standing in front of her.

"Maibell this is Avery and Russel, some old friends." Jack said glaring at Avery, he didn't trust him around his children. Jack got out some eggs and started cooking breakfast for the five of them. Buck came out into the kitchen after a little while and they all sat down and ate quietly. Maibell and Buck cleaned up while Jack took Avery and Russel into the den.

"Look I don't know what you want from me or why you broke into my house in the middle of the night. I'm sick of you two and everyone else harassing me all the time." Buck heard Jack say angrily while he sat outside the den reading. Maibell was sitting next to him playing a game.

"Jack you know exactly what we want and we will get it, even if it means by force." Avery, or at least he thought it was Avery, ominously.

Someone punched the desk and Buck heard Jack say, "Don't threaten me. Remember your brothers? I could easily do the same to you and Russel." Someone fell and Buck jumped up as the door opened. Russel walked through the door and smiled strangely down at Buck, then went over and grabbed Maibell. Avery came out smiling darkly and grabbed Buck then they stormed out of the house. Buck caught one last glimpse of Jack lying on the floor with blood covering the side of his face.