Big Doong and Little Doong

The Life and Times of a Cat named Dadoong

A/N - Chapter 2 in which Cheondoong and his little tiger share some more cute moments~ I know the chapters are a little short, but i thought it would be sweeter that way. Also, BIG thanks to linlin_10 for subscribing. My first!!!! 

I hope this story will attract more readers. Do comment as well~ 

Chapter 2 – Big Doong and Little Doong 

Cheondoong POV

The photoshoot was going well.

“Turn your head!” The PD instructed me. “Lean forwards and look at the cat right in its face!”

“Not ‘the cat’!” one noona complained jokingly as she stepped forwards to position me properly. “It’s little Doong!”

The other camera crew laughed. That was what we called the little baby tiger in my arms: Little Doong. I was the bigger one. The kitten mewled in protest and I pulled it close to my face to see what was wrong.

Snap! The camera went off the blinding lights flashed.

“Good photo!” The director said approvingly. But my eyes were on the little creature in my arms. Little Doong, or Doongdoongie as I preferred to call him, was a complete featherweight. He was incredibly light that when Joo Hee-ssi first dropped him into my arms, I barely registered his presence – until he unsheathed his sharp little claws into my arms.

“Mew!” DoongDoongie squeaked and pawed at the air. I chuckled and leaned backwards so that I was splayed on the floor and the little kitten resting on my chest. Click, click, snap! The cameras loved my interactions with this little tiger and I couldn’t say I hated it either. This fluffball made the photoshoot more fun than I had had in ages.

“Mew!” DoongDoong leaped forwards, landing squarely on my nose.

“Ow!” I complained, but didn’t really mean it. Doongdoongie scrabbled for balance on my face and ended up sprawling paws first over my eyes. “I can’t see!” I yelped through a bundle of fur.

The camera crew just ignored me and continued snapping photos.

From its perch on my face, Doongdoongie swiped at my black hat, knocking it askew and struggled to get up on all four paws. Its tiny claws dug into my white sleeveless shirt and skin.

“You!” I pulled the little tiger off my face by its scruff, gently though to make sure I didn’t injure the tiny creature. “You really are a mischievous little rascal.” I grinned and kissed its furry skull. In return, Doongdoongie purred reverently.

I leaned away and schooled my face to look stern. “Don’t think purring makes everything alright!” I scolded him. Doongdoongie raised his head and paddled his paws uselessly in mid-air. “Meow!” he exclaimed and gave me his cutest cat aegyo. And then he started purring again.

“Can’t win with you, can I?” I chuckled and kissed him again.

From behind the scenes, the crew could only smile gently at the cute scene in front of them. Little did they know it was the beginning of a father and son relationship that soon the entire kpop world would fawn over.

 

Doongdoongie POV

This strange man in front of me was surprising warm. He patted me, me and somehow didn’t seem to mind my overactive actions – even when I clawed him by accident. The only bit I didn’t really like was when I suddenly went flying and his face appeared out of nowhere!

But then a kiss made up for it all.

What a strange man. But somehow, he’s not too bad for a human.

 

Cheondoong POV

We were taking a break from the photoshoot and I sat down on the white couch. Almost immediately, the stylist noonas zeroed in on me with their sharp combs and powder-clogged brushes. I coughed as a cloud of white make-up dusted my nose. In my lap, Doongdoongie had a different opinion. He mewled with excitement and leaned back on his haunches to swipe at the falling powder.

I chuckled and his soft back. In turn, he purred and rubbed his head into my hand, begging for more.

“He really likes you, doesn’t he?” Joo Hee commented, appearing out of nowhere. I jumped, startled and my hand paused. My little tiger made a protesting sound and batted my still hand.

“I like him too.” I said faintly, automatically Doongdoongie again. “He’s a mischievous one.” I grinned.

“That he is,” Joo Hee said softly, his eyes focusing on something else entirely.

“Is something wrong?” I asked, trying to read his expression.

“Ah, no, no.” he waved away my worry quickly, but I could still see curiosity filling his eyes. “It’s nothing important…”

I opened my mouth, ready to bombard him with more questions, but suddenly the camera director called out to me, “We’re ready to start again!”

“Okay.” I nodded and stood up with Doongdoongie carefully clasped in my arms. As I walked back to the set, I could still feel Joo Hee’s eyes on me and made a note to myself to question him later.

 

Joo Hee POV

The two of them really did fit perfectly. Like some sort of fairytale image.

I pursed my lips and wondered. Maybe. Should I ask him? Wouldn’t it be a burden to an idol?

I sighed. Too many useless thoughts churned in my mind.

I watched Cheondoong-ssi pull out a chair for his next photo and position himself with the little tiger on his back. His bright smile as the kitten batted his short hair made me smile as well.

You know what? I’m just going to ask him.

 

Cheondoong POV

“Cheondoong-ssi!” It was Joo Hee. I turned around as the camera crew took a break to review the photos.

“Yes?” I asked, pulling Doongdoongie back into the safe zone of my lap.

“Do you like our little tiger?” he asked me, pulling a chair over so that he could sit down comfortably as well. I looked into his eyes, trying to assess where this sudden question had come from. His gaze was serious.

“Yes.” I said, equally serious. “I haven’t had this much fun in a while.” I shrugged. “I’ve always loved cats, but I’ve never had a pet of my own before. So it’s a nice change to have one around.” I couldn’t keep the smile off my face as Doongdoongie chewed on my finger with razor-sharp teeth.

“Then,” Joo Hee’s solemn tone made me look back at him. “I have a proposition for you.”

“Yes?” I was curious. “What is it?”

“Would you like to adopt Little Doong?”

My mouth opened. I blinked about a dozen times. Then I found my voice. “Excuse me?”

Joo Hee’s mouth twitched in amusement. “I’m offering you the chance to adopt Little Doong. To become his father so to speak. His owner.”

I closed my open mouth. “You mean…Doongdoongie will be…mine?” I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea of having this cute, little devil twenty-four seven. To be part of my family. Could I take that sort of commitment? That sort of responsibility?

“Yes.” Joo Hee confirmed his offer. “I’ve been watching you two. You care for him naturally, very well in fact, and he seems smitten with you. I think you’d be an ideal parent for him. What do you say?”

“But,” I had my doubts. “Are you sure an kpop idol would make a good father? Plus I have no experience.”

Joo Hee nodded approvingly. “You’re thinking like a father already. I know as an idol you’ll be busy, therefore Little Doong could stay at Coffee and Cat when you can’t take care of him. Other than that, he’ll live with you. We can also teach you the ropes of caring for cat.”

I gaped. I couldn’t believe he was offering me this, this fantastic chance. Doongdoongie. Mine. To have someone to come home to, someone to hug and someone to share lonesome moments with.

“So,” Joo Hee drew me back to reality. “What do you say?”

He proffered one hand.

I made up my mind. “There’s no way I’d ever say no.” I smiled and took his hand.

“Then,” Joo Hee grinned. “Congratulations on becoming a father.” 

A/N - Oops, it kinda turned out a little long. But the main point is across: Doongdoongie is officially Cheondoong's cute lil son! 

If you want to read the article on how Cheondoong met Dadoong (currently called Doongdoongie) then the link is here: http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/mblaq-thunder-has-a-son/

Please comment! I like to know your feelings. Is it too long? Not fluffy enough? Etc, etc, etc!