The Last Wish

Our Story (one shot collection)

The nurse just go away. They always check me every 2 hours. I seat on my bed and glanced at the window. It been so long since the last time I have a walk outside from this hospital. I have a sirosis since one year ago and I always stay in this hospital since one year ago too. My dad is the owner of this hospital, so don’t have problem with money.

Not like others, I’m not in the V.I.P room. I’m just in usual room. There is an empty bed over there and keep changing people from time to time. I don’t like to be alone, that’s why I choose to stay in usual room.

Suddenly the door open and some nurse come with the new patient. A guy. The nurse with the doctor help to move the guy to the bed. He still sleeping.

“Eun Joo” the doctor greet me. I know everyone in this hospital. “annyeonghaseo, doctor Lee” I greet him back. “looks like you will have a new friend” he says. “they will leave soon” I replied and smiled. “how’s your life?” he asked. “bored” I replied shortly.

“all good” the nurse says to doctor Lee. “araso, you can leave now” he says. The nurse go away. He walk and seat beside me. “what happen to him?” I asked.

“he have a surgery on his lower back” he replied. “he’s very popular” he added. “who is he?” I asked. “Bang Cheol Yong, or Mir from Mblaq” he replied. “I don’t know them” I replied. Since I enter this hospital and never go out anymore, I’m really don’t know anything. Maybe, if outside there is world war three, I will know it the next one year.

“oohh… I have others to do. Please watch him, tell me if there is something wrong with him” doctor Lee says. “araso!” I replied. He smiled and go away.

I stood and walk towards that guy called Mir. My fingers travel along his face. His eyes opened slowly, “oh? You wake up already!” I says excitedly.

He open his eyes slowly. He try to seat, “arghh…” he pain. I push him to sleep again, “please don’t too much moving” I says. “thanks” he thanked. “anytime” I smiled and back to my bed.

“what’s your name?” he asked. “Yang Eun Joo, but just call me Eun Joo or Joyie” I introduced myself. “I’m Bang Cheol Yong, just call me Mir” he introuduced. “from Mblaq?” I asked. “you know Mblaq?” he asked. I shook my head shyly.

“ah, that’s why you act normal like I’m not a special person” he mumbled. “I don’t know anything about outside there. I never go out from this hospital since one year ago” I replied. His eyes eiden, “what kind of people who stay in the hospital for one year? I’m personality hates hospital, if not because of this surgery, I’ll never go to this hospital” he replied.

I giggled, “I’m sick, and my dad told me to stay in here” I replied. “your dad so bad” he grumbled. I giggled again, “it’s for my own good” I replied.

He shook his head, maybe he think what kind of girl who always in the hospital and happy to leaved here, and say thanks to her dad who told her to stay in hospital.

The door open, and the nurse pop in. “Joyie, it’s already 7pm and time to sleep” she says. I puffed my cheek, “oohh… unnie, I’m not sleepy” I says. “no, you have to rest! You want to removed to isolated room because your health drop again?” she asked. I lay on the bed and she covered me the blanket.

“good night” she says and go away. “this is our life?” Mir asked. “sleep early?” he asked. “yeah, it’s for my own good” I replied. “anyway… you sick what?” he asked. “I’ll died soon” I says slowly. “hey, you have to be optimistic if you will get well soon” he says. “sirosis, my heart can’t work again” I says.

He looks speechless. “I’m…” I cut it. “sorry? You don’t need to say sorry, it’s not your fault right?” I asked. He smiled. “what is your wish?” he asked. “my wish? How many wish I had?” I asked. “three” he replied quickly.

I think for a while. 3 wish? No one ever ask me about this, even my best friend, I never meet with him since I’m isolated. My dad, he never ask me, he only want the best for me. My mom, he passed away when I’m 5 years old.

I glanced at him. He smiled to me, I bet one billion girl will passed away when saw his sweet smile. “first, I want someone singing a song for me” I says excitedly.

 

“omo~ what song is that? Mblaq’s song?” I asked. “yep, the tittle is cry” he replied. “I think I will be Mblaq biggest fans!” I says. “yeah, you will! And I love to have a fans like you” he replied. I blushed.

“second wish?” he asked. I think, what will be my second wish? What I really want? “I turn my head to her suddenly, “I want to go out from this hospital!” I yelled. “bwoh? You have to wait then” he says. I clap my hands happily.

“go to sleep, then!” he command. “araso, Mir oppa!” I replied happily and drive to sleep.

 

Mir’s pov

“Joyie?” I called her. She not replying, maybe she’s sleeping already. I take my phone from my bed side and call someone. “hyuuunnggg…” I called. “Mir! What are you doing? It’s already late!” G.O yelled.

“I know that hyung” I replied. “whos that? Mir?” Lee Joon asked. “yeah, it’s me hyung” I replied. “oh, dongsaeng! How do you feel now?” he asked. “better and better” I replied. “Yongieee…” Thunder called me.

“anyway, we will visit you tomorrow morning. Tomorrow we holiday” Seungho says. “araso, araso! I want all of you do something for me”  I says. “what’s that?” G.O asked. “ I will tell it later, see you guys tomorrow!” I replied. “bye, dongsaeengg!!!” they replied in unison and hung up the call.

I put my phone on the table. “good night Joyie” I says to her and drive to sleep.

Eun Joo’s pov

I was eating when suddenly the door open. “Dongsaeeengggg” some guy yelled. Mir’s face become bright. “hyungs!” he yelled. they walk towards Mir and mess his hair. “how do you feel?” one of the guy asked. “better” he replied.

“yah! Why you left me?” a guy pop out. My eyes widen, “Joonie?” I called. He turn his head, “Joyie?” he replied. “yah! Hyung, you know her?” Mir asked. “she’s my friend!” Lee Joon replied and hug me immediately. “I’m searching you” he says. “sorry” I apologized. He release his hug.

“so, what do you want?” Lee Joon asked. “I want all of you bring her out from this hospital” Mir replied. Our eyes widen. “you sick?” Lee Joon asked me. “just because I’m too tired, but I will died soon” I replied easily. “sirosis, she sick” Mir added. I give him a glaring face. He chukled.

“I will take you to the park” Lee Joon says. “I wanna go too!!!” Mir added. “call the nurse, to take the chair” a guy says. Two guy nod and go away. “who are they?” I asked.

“the one who command is Seungho and the one who go out is G.O and Thunder” Mir replied.

“I’m firssttt!!!!” one of the guy come with the chair. “you cheatingggg!!!” the last guy appeared. “it’s G.O and that is Thunder” Mir says.

“hello, I’m Yang Eun Joo” I introduced. “faster! Let’s go, I want to breath new air!” I rushed. “be patient, I have to slowly girl” Mir says. He move slowly with Seungho and Thunder helping him.

 

Mir’s pov

“you’re out now, what is the last?” I asked her when the boys get inside to buy something and left me with her. She smied brightly, the most sweetest smile I ever see. She look at the sky, “I want to be loved” she says slowly.

I’m shock, I touch my chest who beating so fast. If I have my own wish, I want to be loved too. “then, you have to stay alive” I replied. “I hope so” she says.

“Yongiee…” Lee Joon called me. “wae?” I asked. “doctor says, you can leave the hospital soon and you can rest at home” he says happily.

I turn my head to her, I have to left her so fast? She keep looking at the sky.

 

Eun Joo’s pov

I know, I don’t need to hoping so much from him. He will leave me soon, just like other people who ever in one room with me. I try to not turn my head to him, it just make my heart get hurt.

“15 minutes is over! We have to go back” Seungho command. “Joonie, please send me to my room. I feel so tired” I says to Lee Joon. “yes princess” he replied and push me back to my room.

“you love him right?” Lee Joon asked when we enter the room. “how can you know?” I asked. “I know you Joyie, although we never meet for one year” he replied as he help me to lay on the bed. I chukled, “I will died Joonie” I says.

“No! you have to be optimistic!” he yelled. I freeze. He never yelled to me before. I closed my eyes.

 

Mir’s pov

“I’m ready” I says to manager. “okay, Seungho, bring his bag!” manager command. Seungho take my bag and bring it for me. I turn my head and saw a girl sleeping peacefully over there. “she will alright” Lee Joon says.

I smiled and he push me go out from her room. I wanted to say goodbye, but she’s sleeping.

 

Eun Joo’s pov

He’s go. I open my eyes and glanced at the table. There is a paper over there. I take it and read it.

Just wake up sleepy head? I just go, and I promise I will come to visit you when I have time and will sing some songs to you again. I promise! In the name of Bang Cheol Yong.. hahaha..

MIR

I put the paper. My tears falling down. I stood and was about to get out from my room. I open the door and saw some nurse and patient around. Suddenly, my head feel dizy and everything turns to… dark.

 

Third person’s pov

“we can’t do anything else, just god who can help her” the doctor says. The guy infront the doctor shock. He glanced at the window where Eun Joo lay on the bed with medical machine surround her. She’s alive, she’s alive, because of the machine.

“I don’t want you left me” her father says. “your mom, then next is you?” he says again. He cried, as a guy, crying is embrassing. But he don’t know how to express his feeling. Crying is the only way.

His eyes suddenly widen when the machine singing. “DOCTOOOORRRR!!!!”

 

Mir’s pov

Yeah! I’m now okay and I can walk freely. Today I’ll go to hospital to visit her. I walk happily to her room with Lee Joon. He’s talking with someone in the phone. His face so weird. But, I don’t care! I’m going to confess her today!

I open the door and found no one there. “where is she?” I asked Lee Joon. “she…. She’s…” he shuttered. “she’s died last night” Lee Joon bowed his head.

I drop to the ground. My tears falling down. Why? she left me? I’m not yet grant her last wish! Her last wish!

 

1 year after,

I walk with a heavy feeling. It’s raining now, but can’t stop me to visit her. My right hand holding some roses. I walk towards theonlycemeteryinthe backrow. I kneeled and place the flower.

“I came” I says. This is my first time to visit, Lee Joon already go here before but I don’t want to go. “sorry, I’m a stupid so I just can visit you now” I says again. My tears drop to my cheeks.

“I came here for grant your last wish..” I paused. I bowed my head.

“Yang Eun Joo, saranghaeyo” I whispered. Suddenly there is a tear from her eyes in her picture. “I know you here” I smiled. The rain stopped. “I know you will be happy there”