Chapter 1

Bad Boy

A/N:

Italics are their thoughts

Bold means it’s a text message 

A ~ line before italics means it’s a flashback

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You’re ing useless!” He screamed as his arm swung up to met her left shoulder, sending her flying to the side.  “Being 17, I would think you could at least do your father a favor!”

She cowered back into the corner, trying to blend in with the dirty, stained white walls. Praying for her dad to give up and let her be. She wasn’t comfortable handing guns and bullets to mafia groups.

They could keep me hostage, kill me for food, or money, not that my name has much worth.

Living with hardly enough money to place food on the table and pay bills made Hiyori’s dad who he is now, abusive and cold-hearted. The things he will do for money can be drastic, however selling guns and bullets to the toughest gang in Seoul has to be the craziest thing he has ever done.

“Are you even listening to me? Do you plan on going to university? Where is that money coming from, my ? You don’t work for anything!” Hiyori, coming back to reality, realized she had to do this for her father or else he would make denying it not worth it.

“I’ll do it, give me the bullets, and the address.” He stared at Hiyori before turning around and walking into a dark room in the back of the small house. He returned fast with a box in hand.

“This has everything they want in it, they need to give you 227,272 won before you give them the box. Got it? The address to their hideout is here on top flap of the box.”

She nodded her head, looking up in his direction to let him know she did understand. After standing for a second, she went towards the door and left for bigbang’s hideout.

People talk about that gang at school all the time, what do I have myself caught up in? Mina would kill me if she knew I was doing this. These people will probably have me dead before Mina has a chance to learn anything. Their hideout isn’t even far from my house; they could come and kill me whenever they feel up to it. 

The aged brick building came into her view quicker than she expected. Hiyori made herself busy trying to find an entrance to the hideout, until she heard someone calling for her to come closer.

Is that coming from the wall?

When she took a close look at the source of the calling, she noticed there was a guy with blond hair that was only spiked up slightly, loudly whispering for her to come to him. Not wanting trouble, she walked over quickly and handed him the box. When she handed it to him, he looked at her and said one sentence before closing the door,

“We’ll need more tomorrow at the same time”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mina walked along the pathway leading to Haknam High School. Looking around her eyes fell upon a girl who was walking slowly with her head down. After a few seconds she realized who it was.

“Didn’t see you on the way here, thought you weren’t coming.” Hiyori looked up at the sudden comment.  

“How have you and your dad been?”

“Fine.” Hiyori tried to convince her friend. Mina knew Hiyori’s father was a loud and terrifying man, and how they weren’t getting along because he wanted her to do jobs for him and she kept refusing.

“Where did you get the bruise?!” Mina asked as she caught sight of the large purple and black mark on her arm. Hiyori’s eyes widened, shocked that Mina had discovered it so quickly.

“It’s nothing.” Pretending to believe her Mina nodded as she watched her friend walk away.

She’s obviously hiding something.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The sun was set giving the small old building a rather dirty look. Unable to tell if anyone was home Mina decided to just walk in. When she entered the home she came face to face with Hiyori’s father. His face had a stern look as he glared at her.

“Where’s Hiyori?” She demanded, refusing to move out of the man’s way.

“She’s doing a delivery so go home.” 

“Where’s the delivery to?” Hiyori’s father scowled, annoyed by the questions.

“It’s confidential kid.” Anger filled Mina’s entire body and without a second thought her hand had made contact with his face.

“She’s making a delivery to bigbang, if you want to follow her go, I don’t care if you get killed.” A smirk grew on his face, believing that this could be punishment for slapping him. Mina swallowed, feeling fear for Hiyori. Turning around and storming out of the building she headed towards bigbang’s hideout. Everyone in school knew about bigbang, they were a gang, supposedly the strongest gang in town. They could kill Hiyori in seconds.

A few feet ahead of her, Mina spotted a girl carrying a box, entering a tiny run-down building.

It has to be Hiyori.

Mina followed the girl, stopping at the door. There was a small crack in between the door and the frame. Peering in she saw Hiyori facing five men. The one farthest away was rather skinny, with blonde hair. Next to him was a man, built but short, with dark brown hair similar to a mohawk. Mina examined two other guys before making eye contact with one in the corner. He was sitting, with a scowl on his face, just glaring at her.

Mina stared back into his glare, as if daring him to say something out loud to her. 

“Get in here and stop watching us.” Everyone in the room turned towards the door as Mina stepped in, with determination still evident on her face, despite the taller man calling her out.

“M-Mina!? What are you-“ Hiyori was speechless, confused as to why Mina had showed up or even found her here.

“Oh you know the delivery girl huh?” The blond one smirked, as though now they have captured more prey.

“Hiyori why are you delivering bullets to them?”

“I-it’s nothing. I had to! Dad told me to.” Mina gave Hiyori a questioning look.

Is she stuttering out of shock or fear?

“Why are you guys even having her deliver bullets or guns or whatever? Go get them yourself or get someone else to deliver them.”

“I don’t care who delivers it, we order it and she was the one who came and delivered it.” It was the same man who told her to come in, giving her the same cold look.

“She’s a 17 year old girl! Why would you even let her give them to you?” Mina rolled her eyes in the direction of the obnoxious man. “You guys are sick! Pushing people to be involved in your shady business is heartless!” Mina’s voice became louder as the man stood up and walked towards her.

“This has nothing to do with you!” Before Mina could argue back, one of the men intercepted.

“Just stop screaming at each other! Beautiful lady, please forgive us!” A guy with brown hair, wearing a red jacket grabbed Mina’s hand and continued to apologize. “We didn’t know her age or that this is not her job!”

“Seungri shu-“ His words were cut off as the door busted open.