Getting to know my feelings.

A Time For Us

 

 

 

Getting to know my feelings.

 

 

 

 

by: chodding_

 

 

 

Sungyeol's eyes widened in surprise by the sudden whisper in his ear. He even tried to look Myungsoo, but the latter gave his back and was climbing the small hill on the edge of the pond where they were. Despite the red cheeks, Sungyeol had to pick up courage again from nowhere and started walking behind Myungsoo, who was already on the sidewalk before the street, waiting for the semaphore ascend the green light for pedestrians. Myungsoo hid his smile when he was sure that his backs were always facing Sungyeol. But soon the smile was broken when he felt his hand being grasped by another and as a reflex, turned around to look for the owner of the hand that dared to hold his. And he saw a smiling Sungyeol looking at the maze of buildings ahead of them, half embarrassed, but still smiling and with cheeks reddened. As a quiet wish, Sungyeol wanted to be by his side for the remaining time.
 
 
They soon crossed the street and, after a long walk, they arrived at a diner where Sungyeol worked. A part-time job. The two went inside and went their separate ways: Sungyeol out to the kitchen of the cafeteria and grabed his apron badge to begin serving the customers. Myungsoo sat at a table not too far from the bench, patiently waiting for his friend to finish his work. There were many customers, so Myungsoo realized he would have to wait a little longer to have his Sungyeol free from the greasy clutches of hungry people waiting for a cheeseburger or a super-mega-double-cheeseburger.
 
 
Hours had passed and Myungsoo was asleep with his head and arms on the table. One of the employees who passed him as he cleaned the floor decided to wake him up, because he apparented sick. The waiter apologized as soon as the black-haired boy tried so hard to open his eyes and asked him to sleep again and that he won't bother anymore. Myungsoo just smiled amicably and said everything was fine, because after all he was waiting for Sungyeol. The clerk smiled back and said that Sungyeol was saving the remaining food in the refrigerator and would soon be ready to go home. Myungsoo sighed in relief as he left a silly smile break over his lips. The employee gave him a little reverence and returned to the kitchen and as soon as he disappeared into the small hallway that led into the refrigerator, Myungsoo saw a tired Sungyeol but at the same time he smiled happily to see his friend there, waiting for him. Soon Myungsoo saw Sungyeol approaching with two coats on his hands and threw one on top of Myungsoo's head.
 
 
- It's cold outside.
 
 
Myungsoo smiled with the concern that the other had, though beneath a tissue as thick. Too bad Sungyeol couldn't see his lips curved into joy. The younger put on his coat and followed his friend to the door and bumped into an icy breath of the freezing night in Busan. He straightened his collar to protect his neck, but it was not necessary. Sungyeol wrapped him in a scarf that appeared to have arisen out of nothing. He really cares about me... And before they started to walk on the way to the home of the Lee family, the highest kissed Myungsoo's forehead.
 
 
Happy with his new scarf, Myungsoo sank his chin into the fabric of wool dyed in red, and when they realized they walked 5 blocks , Sungyeol was tired. His dark circles were larger and deeper as his eyes were partially closed while he was walking. 
 
 
- Did you sleep last night? - The younger asked as he hugged him with one of his arms to try to hold his body.
 
 
- Yes, I slept ... - He lied. - In fact ... I didn't sleep. You called me yesterday, and the day before yesterday, an the day before the day before yesterday, and the day before the day before the day before yesterday. I was worried... - He chuckeld.
 
 
Sungyeol could barely speak due to the little shortness of breath. The cold and dry air of Busan did not help at all. The younger, on the other hand, had a secret wish to give him a flick in his forehead, but he only stayed quiet because Sungyeol already looked very tired. Fortunately the front door of the Lee family was on their left. Sungyeol searched the house keys in the pockets of his jacket and pants, taking it from his back pocket. He tried to turn it into the lock, but fell over the best friend in a momentary blackout.
 
 
- Yah, Sungyeol! - Myungsoo cried in despair.
 
 
The older only rubbed his eyes tightly and smiled at his friend's desperate face.
 
 
- I must be sleepy ... - He whispered.
 
 
The door opened by itself and they saw a tall woman with a black and long hair, followed by a lady and a boy who appeared to have the same age as Sungyeol, or younger. Myungsoo smiled awkwardly while trying to keep Sungyeol standing.
 
 
- Sungyeollie! - The woman screamed in horror. - Are you okay? Don't stand there in the cold! Come you too, Myungsoo-ah.
 
 
The two just followed the woman, who also told them to take the coats off and to sit near the fireplace. The house was small, a living room to the right of the front door, a room for Sungyeol and the other guy upstairs, a room for the tall women and another for the lady downstairs. To the left of the front door was a small kitchen and in a small corridor between the living room and the kitchen was the staircase leading to second floor. Myungsoo knew this house, but it had been a long time since his last visit.