Chapter One

† The Gate Crosser

 

I saw how God shook hands with Satan. Both have smiles on their faces – the usual. They agreed on playing a game again. It looks like Satan isn’t tired of betting games yet. In fact, he looks excited. I wonder what’s up his sleeves again.

“That’s what I like about you. You always welcome my games,” Satan said.

“Just follow the rules and I’ll be glad to play with you again,” God answered as He take His seat. He looked up at me. “You’re the witness, Nathanael. Satan promised that he’ll play fairly again. Take note of that.”

I nodded. “I will.”

God looked back at Satan. “Tomorrow, those kids will be born. And if one of us destroyed the balance, then my kid will hunt yours and yours can also hunt mine. If I won, I’ll be in charge of keeping the amulet. If I lost, I’ll let you have it for a century,” then He crossed His arms. “Is there something you want to ask? You know, something to make this game thrilling.”

I gave Satan a wary look. God has given him a chance to have an advantage in the game. He’ll be greedy, for sure.

“Nothing much. I just want to ask if those kids can have gifts. I want them to be different from the other humans,” Satan answered.

God raised an eyebrow. “Sure. Then what’s your kid’s gift?”

Satan smiled. There’s always a meaning behind his smile. “I want him to have the power to teleport. It’ll help him escape from your angels, just in case.”

I immediately shifted my look to God. I have no idea if He’ll accept it or not. But if I were Him, I won’t. Unfortunately, I’m not God.

 

 

Screw that. I’m thankful I’m not.

“That’s fine with me,” God answered. “If that’s your kid’s gift, then mine would be something related to that. If yours can teleport, then mine can cross boundaries. My kid will have the ability to cross the gates of your Kingdom, but not mine. And she has to die first before she can do that. So, is that okay with you?”

Satan looked confused like me, but then he nodded. “I guess I can’t do anything with that. I’ll go with your plan.”

God smiled. “Okay. Then everything’s alright. The game will start tomorrow. Good luck, Satan. I’m expecting this to be fun.”

“I won’t disappoint you. This will be the greatest game we’ll ever play. I’ll make this as thrilling as possible, don’t worry. I also wish you good luck. May the best force win,” then he turned his back to God and started walking away.

I looked at God, who is still looking at Satan’s retreating body. I took a deep breath. He’s planning something, that’s for sure. I just don’t know what that is.

“Nathanael,” He called out.

“Yes?” I answered.

“Call Metatron. I have to send some of you to Earth immediately.”

“You’re sending us down to Earth?”

He looked at me. His face is still calm, and always will. “Yes. It’s good to know that my kid will have people who will take care of her. I’ll send two of you for now.”

I nodded and bowed. “Okay,” then I walked out of His room.

As I walked down the hallway, I started thinking of what God is planning. I still don’t know why He chose His kid to have the ability to cross Hell. Well, if Satan has something hidden in his closet, God should also have one.

 


 

Another game. This is exciting.

 

 

[posted 07.31.2012]