Chapter 8

The Second Level

~Kyuhyun~

 "Changmin-ah, please, one more time..." I mumbled, slowly opened my eyes and looked around myself squinting my eyes. I was still pretty unconscious about which part was my dream and which part was real... I looked around again. Only white beddings in the bright white room. No Changmin. The sunlight was dazzling my eyes, I stood up and looked around one more time. Again, no clues about him. Had it all just been my dream..? No, I shaked my head. I had still woken up from his bed.

 No new messages either. I looked at the alarm clock, it said 3 PM already. Well, at least my terrible lack of sleep was gone. But I was stressed. Moreover, I didn't see my shirt anywhere. I gasped, he knew.

 Was he so shocked about the truth in the morning that he had decided to escape? Maybe he needed time to go through his feelings somewhere else. Or maybe he just didn't want to think about the whole thing. My mind was full of conflicting thoughts and I felt like screaming them all out.

 I really needed to calm down. I guessed he had still wanted good for me, it would had been much worse to had found myself woken up from the street. I scuffed along in Changmin's slippers to his empty living room and looked in the mirror. My wig was gone too. Now I was just a sleepy looking guy with messy hair and smudgy eyes.

 I the TV and fell on his sofa. Only nonsense commercials and vain looking ladies talking about some push-up bras. Sigh. Then my eyes caught an unnamed tape on his table. I could had sworn that it hadn't been there earlier. Had he put the tape there on purpose? My train of thoughts was running wild.

 I carefully took the tape and put it into his player. Play. Only black on the screen. I should had guessed that it was just a worthless, empty tape. Or were these his feelings towards me...?

 Then I heard the fans started to scream and saw the red light sticks, forming a huge, red ocean together. I knew this song.

 I saw Changmin and Yunho walking on the stage and holding mics but this camera was focused only on Changmin. He looked at the camera and started to sing. I could feel his stage presence stronger than ever, like every note, every word was coming straight from his heart.

 Why did I end up falling for you?
How we were before
We can't return to it anymore,
I've thought it through, thought it
through

Why didn't I hold on to your hand?
No matter how much time has passed
You should've always been by my side, never changing

 

 The screen became all black again but the audio was still playing.

 

But still, even if I'm nowhere near you anymore
I'm praying that you
May be happy for eternity
No matter how much that would make me lonely, no matter how lonely

 

 Then it became completely silent. Could it have been...? I ejected the tape from the player, put it back on the table and sat back on the sofa, watching my own reflection from the black screen.

 My head was full of thoughts. How old was this tape? Had it always been for me or did he possibly love someone else? Did the tape even have a meaning and the most of all - what did he want to do with me? I was just about to cover my face with my hands but then I heard the phone ringing in my pocket. I was slightly afraid to answer, what if it was him... I looked at the screen carefully. Sungmin.

 "A-annyeonghaseyo..."

 "Good morning Hyunnie. You must have just woken up... I wonder if you're still at Changmin's place? He had to leave very early this morning for their concert tour in Japan, didn't you remember?"

 "Well, that explains everything... So he must be there already. I had totally forgotten."

 "Haha, that's what I guessed too. But you're still there? I just wanted to ask if you'd like to come to the park with your hyungs. Nothing special really, we're just watching the clouds and chatting. You're in?"

 "Well, I guess so..."

 "Great! See you soon."

~

 It was all quiet again. Remembering that Changmin was having a tour made me feel a little better. Maybe he really liked me. I was definitely going to call him later, now I just needed something else to think.

 I grabbed some of his clothes, washed my face and left the house. It wasn't the best day to watch clouds, the sky was covered in light grey fog. I saw leaves flying in the wind. The autumn was coming.

 Soon I saw Sungmin walking towards me from the fog.

 "Where are the others?" I asked and he stopped in front of me on the street. There was nobody around us, the whole street was silent as the grave.

 "No, I came here alone", he mumbled and looked down.

 "I miss him." I suddenly blurted out. I didn't know why I even said it but when I looked at Sungmin again, he looked surprisingly understanding. That moment was so beautiful, just me, my loyal friend and the leaves dancing around us. He came a little closer and whispered to my ear:

 "I can always be your toy boy if you want to."

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

~Author's note: So, it's time for the hard goodbye... ;-; I didn't plan to write a super long fanfic, moreover I don't think this story even needs more chatter. Simple and sophisticated. I'm still a little mad that so many comments are gone because of asianfanfics and the database problems .__. But you can comment now! Well what do you think, did Changmin really love Kyuhyun just the way he is? I left the end a bit open because I'm evil ha ha >w< No, actually I think it's the best just like this. If you'd ask me, knowing Changmin's personality, I'd answer yes.♥ I STILL MIGHT write a sequel about Kyuhyun's call to Changmin in Japan, so stay tuned!! Thank you all again from your support, here I appreciate it more than anything! I'm currently writing another fanfic, it's gonna be fantasy and based on 2min! ^^ So thank you, thank you, thank you again for reading my fanfic here, see you soon~!