In Full Bloom

Cherry Blossom
Please log in to read the full chapter

The gentle spring breeze blew past me sending my dark bangs in front of my eyes. I turned around to the face the window of the shop behind me and fixed my hair until I was satisfied. I fixed my cardigan and skirt until I heard a soft chuckle come from behind me.

 

My heartbeat quickened as I spun around to face him. He made his way over to me and wrapped his long arms around my waist. I let out a small squeal as he picked me up and twirled me around; I buried my face into the warm side of his neck giggling like crazy.

 

He set me down and said, “Why is it that every time we meet, you’re always fixing yourself?”

 

I could feel my ears turn red from embarrassment as I looked down at the ground. I played with my hands not willing to meet his eyes. I knew it was silly, but I always wanted to look my best in front of him. He had gone silent and I started to worry.

 

Still staring at the ground, I watched as his feet moved closer toward mine. He took my hands, wrapped them tightly in his, and leaned down to the kiss my forehead. I could feel my cheeks burning. Any time he did something like this it always sent me reeling.

 

“You’re beautiful.”

 

He squeezed my hand again before looking down at me. His brown orbs like chocolate, making my knees go weak. He smiled down at me and it was like an angel spreading its wings. I know it is cliché to think that way, but I was a er for a great smile. I released his hand as another breeze blew past us and causing me to shiver. He took notice and began to take off his jacket. My eyes widened, and I began to protest.

 

“Chanyeol you don’t have to do that. I’m fine,” I said shivering again.

 

He didn’t respond, but just shook his head with a small smile on his face. He began to make his way to the opposite side of me engulfing me in his jacket.

 

He laced our hands together and said, “I don’t want you getting sick.”

 

We began walking down the sidewalk when I saw a small coffee shop down the street.  I tugged his hand as I lead the way down the street.

 

Curiously he asked, “Where exactly are we going?”

 

“For once would you just walk with me and not ask questions?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

 

“Would I be Park Chanyeol if I didn’t?” he let go of my hand and puffed out his chest. I giggled and hit him playfully in chest.

“Ow. Mi Young that hurt.” he whined rubbing the stop where I had hit him.

 

“Come on.” I said walking until we stopped in front of the small shop. He looked at me and smiled brightly.

 

“How did you know I was bringing you here?”

 

“Woman’s intuition.” I said winking at him.

 

He laughed and opened the door for me. I stepped into the line and looked back at Chanyeol to see what was taking him so long. I saw an older couple leaving the café and Chanyeol holding the door for them. I smiled to at both the couple and Chanyeol.

 

He had such an unexpected personality. He was always so bubbly and loved talking to people. He made people feel welcome, and when he did simple things like that it reminded of how unreal it was that we were together.

 

I heard footsteps approach me then stop. Chanyeol slipped a long arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. Although his jacket was warm I could feel the heat radiating off of him. He leaned down and I felt his warm breath on my ear.

 

“This place hasn’t changed has it?” It was a simple question. I shivered again, only this time Chanyeol was the cause.

 

“Are you alright?” He asked concerned, pulling me closer into him.

 

Nervously I replied, “I-I’m fine.”

 

Before Chanyeol could ask anything else the barista at the counter yelled, “Next!”

 

We stepped up to the counter together; the girl behind the counter looked at Chanyeol then at me and back at Chanyeol. I started to get nervous under the girl’s patronizing gaze and played with my hands. Chanyeol took notice and his hand dropped from my waist.

 

“Our usual?”

 

I nodded looking at Chanyeol then back at the girl. Her stare had turned into a full on glare. I shrunk back from her gaze, but Chanyeol suddenly took a hold of my wrist. He slowly moved his hand down my wrist until he reached laced our fingers together, visible for the girl to see. Chanyeol winked at me and proceeded to tell the girl our order.

 

After he finished telling the

Please log in to read the full chapter