Lee Howon

Number One Inspirit

 

Annyeonghaseyo~

Mianhamnida for the late update! So here is the second shot!^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Oh, um, mian...Howon-ah, I forgot...” I stepped away from him and smiled to try to lighten the mood that I just ruined.

 

He glanced around him before his eye smile returned. “Gwaenchanha, no one's looking.”

 

Then, to my surprise, he leaned in, removed his mask and pecked me on my left eyelid. I had no idea why there, but I kinda liked it. It was different, special..

 

“I'm really glad to see you,” he whispered, his face still so close to mine that I could smell his breath. It smelt of peppermint. He had been chewing gum before he came to meet me. He put his mask on again and then looked around him. “No one noticed. But let's go somewhere with less people.”

 

His smile left me breathless, his gaze made me swoon, and his touch was enough to paralyze me as he hooked his right arm around my waist and took me away.

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

We were in an empty room in the next building, the place where Howon was having his radio interview. I sat across him, watching him eat the dosirak I prepared with a smile on his face. I bet he missed my cooking~

 

“I miss your cooking~” he said with his mouth full of rice.

 

I giggled and reached over to pick off a grain of rice from the corner of his lips but he pulled it into his mouth using his tongue, simultaneously my finger. I blushed and retracted my hand immediately, trying not look him the eyes. I wanted to ask him about the kiss on the eyelid but would it be weird to ask?

 

“Did you want some too?” he asked, his voice muffled from the amount of food in his mouth. “Have you eaten yet?”

 

Before I could even answer, I only made it to opening my mouth when my stomach decided to betray me. So I ended up saying “No.”

 

“Come over here, I'll share,” Howon smiled and scooted closer to me before I could do so myself. Then we were next to each other and I felt awkward. I didn't want him to notice how much my face is burning but I couldn't help it. Then I saw a pair of chopsticks in front of me. “Ahhh~”

 

“Ahhh~” I automatically followed him and had a mouthful of omelette. But I didn't start chewing like I was supposed to. Howon was staring at me and I stared back. I didn't know how to react so I stayed still.

 

“I missed you...a lot,” he broke the silence and then leaned closer to my face. He was leaning and leaning and then...

 

Wait, he was leaning in? Why? Why would he do that? There could be only one reason why a guy would suddenly lean in. “KEISHS??”
 

But his lips never touched mine because the omelette I had in my mouth was all over the floor. My mouth was hanging open then, surprised that I had done such a disgusting thing when something sweet could have happened.

 

But to my surprise Howon started laughing and wouldn't stop until I threatened to leave. “Mian mian~” he sang, wiping tears from his eyes. “I couldn't help it! You were too cute!”

 

It made me blush harder to know how easily he could say that I was cute. He actually thought I was cute. I couldn't believe what I just heard. But did he really mean it? Did it mean he felt the same as I did for him? Or was I just a cute little dongsaeng to him? Oh how I wish I could ask him directly!

 

An awkward silence surrounded us and I felt like I needed to say something before it got more awkward between us. He hasn't seen me in a while and this was how I act around him? I didn't want him to think that I wasn't comfortable around him just because he was an idol.

 

“You should come by more often...”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You should come to Seoul and visit me more often.”

 

Visit him...? He was actually asking me to come and visit him...more often?

 

“I'll be busy during the day, so if you don't mind wandering around at night...maybe I could show you around?” he said with a shy smile, rubbing the back of his neck like he always does.

 

“I...” I honestly didn't know what to say. I expected him to tell me that he was too busy with his work that he wouldn't be able to see me if I was ever in the city. And I would totally understand because I had expected it. I didn't expect him to say the opposite so I was caught off guard. My feelings weren't geared for what he just told me. I didn't know what to say. So I decided that it was better if I said what was exactly on my mind. “I would love that. I would really want you to.”

 

Howon looked at me and smiled with his eyes that I was too familiar with, I could almost sculpt out his entire expression perfectly with clay. I still wanted to ask him why he kissed my left eyelid of all places but I decided against it. We sat in silence after that because I knew there was too many stuff to talk about that could be delayed to our next meeting. So that we could find a reason to see each other again. I knew he was thinking the exact same thing.

 

We left the place right after he got off the phone. Apparently his manager will cover for him as long as he gets back before the interview started which was less than an hour from then. Howon and I hurried to the train station where he bought the ticket for me and walked me all the way to my seat.

 

“I hope you can come visit during the next holidays,” he said as he made sure all my belongings were securely kept. “You know, so you can spend more time here instead of just less than a day.”

 

I smiled at his suggestion and nodded. I didn't want to say anything, scared that my feelings might betray me and let waterfalls gush from my eyes. I really hated goodbyes.

 

“Gwaenchanha?” he asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

 

I nodded but him asking me if I was okay only made it worse. I wasn't okay with this. I still miss him even though he was right there in front of me and I know I would miss him more if I go back to Busan. Tears leaked from my fragile eyes and I instantly covered my face, embarrassed that I let him see me so weak and emotional.

 

But all he did was laugh softly and then I felt his hands gently pry my hands off of my face. He leaned in and planted a sweet kiss on my right eyelid this time. Some of my tears got on his lips and he just calmly it. “Salty,” he commented and then added, “But this isn't really goodbye, this is just a temporary separation. We'll see each other soon enough, you babo.”

 

I let out a small laugh and playfully punched him on the cheek. Why did he have to kiss both of my eyelids? I wanted to ask him but the train was about to leave the station and I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. Howon then told me to text him once I arrive in Busan and then I watched him run out of the train before the doors closed.

 

He then appeared next to the window where I was sitting. Waving his hand with that special smile of his as the train slowly moved and eventually gained more speed. Then he was just a tiny speck at the station. I leaned back on the backrest and sighed. My mind wouldn't stop wondering why he chose to peck both my eyelids instead of somewhere that was considered more normal. But then I just sighed and let loose my wild imagination. Let the real reason be a mystery and I could just imagine any possible reason in the world on that train ride home. Or maybe the reason could just as easily be something that I had always felt especially for Lee Howon, love.