Busan Inspirit

Number One Inspirit

 

The train ride from Busan to Seoul was enough to make my heart race. Just the thought of being able to see him with my own eyes again was a miracle itself. I had been saving up money like crazy for this trip to Seoul. And taking the train too! Just because I was that impatient to see him again!

 

I smiled to myself as I gazed out the window, but it wasn't the scenery that caught my attention, it was my imagination. As I looked at my reflection on the glass, I couldn't help but imagine the train ride back to Busan. With him sitting next to me.

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

“Agassi? Agassi?”

 

I was shaken awake by a gentle hand and when I opened my eyes, I saw that it was the train conductor unnie. Her face was full of worry as I stretched and took a look around me. The train was empty. For all I knew, I could have slept throughout the whole journey and ended up back in Busan!

 

“Agassi, we've arrived in Seoul, is this your stop?” the unnie asked, still looking worried.

 

“N-ne!” I nodded and got up to get my stuff from the overhead compartment. “Ch-choiseonghamnida! Kamsahamnida!” I bowed politely at the unnie and then made my way out the train.

 

That was embarrassing! How did I fall asleep when I was so excited to see him? Aish, it must have been because I stayed up all night to make the perfect dosirak (bento aka lunchbox). Babo! I had to hurry to make sure I didn't miss the bus that headed straight to his place. Or rather the place where he should be at the time.

 

Fortunately, I grabbed the bus just in time and arrived at the place where he was supposed to be. When I asked the girls around me, they told me that he hadn't left the building yet. Or rather they hadn't left. I sighed in relief as I imagined his eyes focusing on me and then the look of surprise he would have on his face when he sees me there among the crowd, there, in Seoul, where he was.

 

I squealed in delight and ignored the glances of the people around me as I pulled my hair up in a bun. That way, he would be able to see my face more clearly. I giggled and took out the dosirak I made especially for him. I wonder if he still likes my cooking? Wah, I just couldn't wait to see how he eats the food I made! Just like old times...bogoshipeo..

 

Just then, all the girls around me started to scream and they raced to the entrance of the building. I snapped out of my reverie and went up to where all the other people were. But I was a tad too late because everyone had crowded to the front and there was no way for me to slip between them and give him my dosirak. Just the thought of not being able to hand it him personally made me want to cry. After all that I went through to make it...but just to get there and not being able to give it to him.

 

I had no other choice though, so I just stood at the back of the crowd and prayed that he would take his time to look around and find me standing there, waiting for him like I always did.

 

The screams grew louder and that was how I knew he, or rather they, had came out of the building. I tried to stand on tippy toes to see them, no, him! Just him! I came here to see him! But I couldn't even get a glimpse of them amongst the other tall girls. Eish, these girls should know that tall people belong at the back. But when I looked at their shoes, they were either wearing heels or insoles inside their shoes. That was cheating!

 

But I still tried my hardest to catch even a glimpse of him. Because I had my own way of cheating...heheheh

 

In the end, all I saw of him were his eyes and he wasn't even looking at me. He was wearing a mask. I wondered if he had a cold or something? Probably something. Because I would know if he had a cold...which led me to my cheat. I distanced myself from the crowd and kept the dosirak in my bag as I took out my phone.

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

I waited at the shopping complex next to where he was having his next schedule. I was sure this was as good a place to wait than anywhere else. At least the other girls wouldn't be here.

 

I was a bit upset though. This trip was supposed to be a secret and I wanted to surprise him. But I couldn't surprise him after what happened among all those cheaters. But~ I was happy at the thought of meeting him personally~ my cheating was worth more than those cheap heels and insoles!

 

I didn't wait long because I knew he wanted to see me as much as I wanted to see him. After four years apart, I could only yearn for his touch, his gaze, his smile that was only meant for me. And that was all I wanted when I saw him. I ran to him; a guy wearing a mask to cover the lower half of his face and a cap to cover his obvious hair. It could have been just any other guy but I knew it was him. My heart told me that he was the one who I had been waiting for all this time. He was my love.

 

I couldn't see his lips but I could tell from his eyes that he was smiling widely under the mask. But the smile disappeared when I caught him in my arms. Being apart for so long made me forget that he was no longer the person I used to know. He was a person that everybody knew. I have always known him as Howon. But others call him Hoya.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ASDFGHJKL I'm so sorry! AFF has been crazy lately, so when I updated it was there but when I checked the next day it was gone! *sobs

But I updated again, see? hehe I decided to make it into a two-shot~

Did you like it hazwaniii? I hope you do! I'll try to update soon!

And to the new readers, don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Kamsahamnida!^^