Chapter 5

Lost Memories » Indefinite Hiatus

The duo stepped out of the hospital, Jieun stretching her arms out and yawning simultaneously.

'What are we going to do now? The doctor has no information about you at all. He was our only clue too." Jieun frowned as she faced Wooyoung who turned to look at her too.

With his hands in his pockets, he shrugged and began to walk off, making Jieun have to run after him.

"Hey! That's rude! You can't just walk off without me." Jieun gave out a slight pout, making Wooyoung smile and pinch her cheeks.

"You're so adorable." A goofy smile graced Wooyoung's features and Jieun involuntarily blushed, playfully slapping Wooyoung's hand as she rubbed her cheeks. 

"It hurts." Jieun once again pouted making Wooyoung let out a chuckle.

"C'mon. Let's get you back home. You do have school tomorrow."

Jieun and Wooyoung headed back to her house as night fell into place. They had stayed and bothered the doctor a lot longer than they originally thought.

"Mom I'm home." Jieun walked over to the kitchen, smelling the heavenly aroma of the food her mother was cooking. Wooyoung too followed Jieun into the kitchen, giving a polite bow to her mom.

Jieun's mom smiled at the boy then proceeded to shove the two out of the kitchen.

"Go watch tv or something. You're interrupting me."

The two then took a seat on the sofa, Wooyoung taking out the velvet box with the ring inside. Staring intensely at it with all his might, he could feel a headache slowly forming with his determination to remember something about it.

As he grabbed his head in pain and fell back into the sofa, he suddenly heard a voice.

"Do you think this is the perfect ring?"

"Yes. This ring is made specifically to help one find their true love. Once you have found your true love, the ring would fit tightly on her finger and it'd be impossible to make the ring fall off.

After the little conversation, Wooyoung opened his eyes, taking heavy breaths. He looked up to see Jieun and her mother staring down at him in worry.

"You alright?" Jieun's mother questioned first as she instinctively put the back of her hand against Wooyoung's forehead, checking to see if there was a fever.

Wooyoung remained still until she brought her hand away. He shook his head lightly. Heaving a sigh of relief, Jieun's mother then went back into the kitchen before anything can become burnt.

Jieun stared at Wooyoung.

"What?"

"Did you remember anything?" Jieun whispered slightly.

Wooyoung thought back to the rumor of the ring before shaking his head. It was nothing important anyways.

That night, Wooyoung laid against the had of the bed with his left arm cushioning his head while he stared up into the ring he was holding in his right hand.

The more he stared at it, the more he began to get an image of a blurred out face. He could hear the bright laughter coming from the girl and even the sound of her crying.

Furrowing his brows in frusteration, Wooyoung quickly slipped the ring back into the box before another headache forms from his excessive trying at getting some kind of memory back.

"Maybe it's best if I don't remember." He whispered to himself before he slipped into his sleep.