Chapter 3

Lost Memories » Indefinite Hiatus

"Be careful of where you step. There are shoes all over here." Jieun kindly advised Wooyoung who nodded in response.

He followed Jieun's footsteps but the dark made it somewhat impossible and he ends up stumbling into Jieun who almost fell on her knees. She let out a little yelp at the collision before slapping her hands over .

"Yah! Be careful okay? And quiet! If my mom sees you, you can kiss shelter good night." Wooyoung once again nodded, helping Jieun regain her balance. He followed in her footsteps up to the second floor where he was led to the guest room. 

"Just stay in there for tonigt and don't open or make any noise until I tell you my mom has left for work."

"You don't plan on asking for her permission?"

"I'll convince her after she comes home from work. If she finds out I already let you sleep here, there would be no way she would let you stay anymore."

"But um. Are their clothes I can change into?" Wooyoung and Jieun both look down at his clothings seeing tattered and torn outfit.

"Yeh I do." Jieun left promtly then returned a minute later with her dad's old clothes.

"My dad's old clothing. Take the shower tomorrow morning when my mom isn't here. If you wash now, shes bound to wake up."

"Alright alright. Good night Jieun."

Jieun gave him a smile and wave then turned around, heading towards her room.

"Jieun!" Wooyoung called out suddenly in a not so hushed voice.

Jieun is startled at the sudden shout and gives him a glare. He only gives an apologetic smile before continuing with what he wanted to say.

"Thanks." Wooyoung looked deeply into Jieun, all gratitude seeping out from his tone. Jieun let out a soft smile then lightly walked over, patting his back and giving him a small bear hug.

"No problem. You'd be able to find yourself back soon so don't think too much about it now." Wooyoung hugged Jieun back, her warmth and petitie bidy somehow making him feel warmer inside and gave him a familiar feeling.

The two finally let go and head off to bed for the night that came to an end peacefully.

The Next Morning

Jieun woke up around 10, having the priviledge of sleeping late on this school-less weekend. She walked over to her parent's room and peeked inside. The coast was clear and Jieun only smiled. Now that her mother has left, all worry left her momentarily. 

She then walked to the guest room to see Wooyoung still laying soundly asleep. Not wanting to bother him, she closes the door quietly then headed to the kitchen where she tried with all her efforts to make some ramen, even burning her pyjama sleeve slightly. But with enough effort, she was finally done and had put the two bowls onto the dinner table.

She ran to her room for a change of clothes then set out to the bathroom to wash up and do her daily morning routines. Meanwhile, Wooyoung has woken up but because of Jieun's warning, he stayed put, laying in bed and not sure if hes even allowed to move.

After a few more minutes of just laying there, he gets up and creeps over to the door. Wooyoung opened the door slightly and peeked outside. Seeing the coast was clear, he continued to creep across the hallway over to Jieun's room that he had seen her walk into the night before.

Seeing the bed was empty, and the scent of noodles filled his nose, he instinctively walked down the stairs towards the bowl. 

At the same time, Jieun is coming out of the bathroom when she hears footsteps. Wooyoung, too hears the door open and freezes. Both stayed frozen in place, not sure if it was Jieun's mother. Deciding she'lll just have to check, she walked out of the bathroom casually and sees Wooyoung standing in the middle of the living room.

"Oh its only you." Wooyoung breathed a sigh of relief then headed over to the noodles. "Smells good. This ones for me right?"

"Yeh. But aren't you even going to brush your teeth first?"

"Of course I would. Do you have toothbrush, towel, cups etc for me though?"

Jieun brought Wooyoung to the bathroom and gave him some neccessities then left Wooyoung to take care of his own business.

The two finally settle down to eat after he was done and then both slumped down on ths sofa. "What is there to do now?" Wooyoung questions.

Jieun shrugged then sat up. "How about we just go walk around? You might be able to remember some times if you are in a familiar enviroment."

"I guess we can try that. Where would we go thoguh?"

"Lets just get dressed first. Meet you out here after I'm done." 

"But i need new outdoor clothes."

"Oh right. I'll go get some for you."

After the two are done changing and fixing themselves for the outdoor, Jieun was thorough not to show any signs of a visitor. She washed the dishes, hid the monring necessities, and fixed up the guest room, even accidentally walking in on the airhead Wooyoung who forgot to lock his door.

"Yah! How can you not lock the door?" Jieun complains again as they walk down the busy streets.

"I'm telling you it was just an accident!" Wooyung repeated again in annoyance.

"Geez. Don't do that again. What if it was my mother?"

"Just forget about it already Jieun. It was just a small error. Can we go back to looking for my identity now?"

"Fine." 

"So where did you find me?"

"Follow me." The two wandered back into the alley Wooyung was harshly beaten and looked around for anything in sight.

Jieun squatted down as she sees a blue velvet box laying on the wall. Picking it up, she strode back over to Wooyoung.

"Do you think this is yours?" She showed him the ring and passed it to him when he held his hand up.

"It seems really familiar." Wooyoung closed his eyes, trying to think of where he has seen this ring before but nothing came to mind.

He shakes his head at Jieun. "Nothing."

"Its okay. This is the first step. We'll walk around here since you probably live around or something."

The two continuously searched the stores and streets, asking random people if they knew who Wooyoung was. The people only cast them wierd glances before leaving abruptly.

"This will be harder than I thought." Both of them said at the same time while they sat down on the park bench.

Nearby, Taeyeon was listening to her ipod while looking towards the scenery. She was still unaware of the fact that Wooyound had been missing since only a mere day has passed. She walked past the duo sitting on the branch, her being deeply engrossed with the scenery rather than the people around.

Wooyoung catches a glimpse of her side profile and the same familiar feeling came back.

"I-"

"Let's go home now Wooyoung. I'm tired from all the searching and I'm hungry."

"But I-"

"Hmm?"

"I think I know that girl." Wooyoung pointed at the direction where Taeyeon walked past minutes ago. Jieun looked towards the direction before giving him a wierd look.

"Wooyoung. There is no one there. What girl?"

Wooyoung turned back to see the path empty of civilians.

"Maybe you're just saying that cause the girl was pretty." Jieun shrugged.

"Maybe."